Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Does anybody knows when VS is goin' to update the site? ... I feel like i've been waitin' forever! Where are the Esti Ginzburg pictures i've been waiting for? :cry:

VS is basically finished with most of their spring/summer major catalogue updates. The next few catalogues that are released should all be the summer sale stuff - casual sale, shoe sales, swim sales, semi annual sale, etc. They might release some new pictures with those catalogues, but most of the pictures in the sale books are usually old.

If Esti shot for fall, then the bulk of those pictures should start coming out in June or July. That's when they start to release the fall catalogues.

There are rumors and things being said behind the scenes, that it's more than that.
As you said, rumors. The only things we know for sure, is that Adriana, Alessandra, Behati, Candice, Chanel, Doutzen, Erin, Heidi, Lindsay, Marisa, Miranda & Rosie are "Supermodels", that VS is referring to them as such in its events releases and that so far, only Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Adriana & Alessandra got their Angels contract renewed. VS celebrated the return of Adriana just like they celebrated Heidi's relationship with Seal, Alessandra's favorite memories and basically anything that'll create buzz.

Aside from that everything is pure speculation. And let's face it a three-line article saying "some brand" will do a major contract makeover isn't a really big evidence. VS has always been blurry when it came to contracts, why change now?

And also, Doutzen is back

Victoria’s Secret just released its highly anticipated What Is Sexy? List. The 2010 list (aka the Bombshell Edition) celebrates the sexiest Bombshells in Hollywood and beyond. And, for the first time ever, the public got to weigh in, as Victoria’s Secret Facebook fans picked the winner of the “Sexiest Up-&-Coming Bombshell” category. To fete the list’s fifth annual installment, Supermodels Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes, Candice Swanepoel and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will host an exclusive VIP party at LA’s suitably-sexy hotspot, Drai’s at W Hollywood

Now we know it, there are 6 Angels, not 12 :)

Even Victoria's Secret, which built its brand by introducing the world to an endless string of gorgeous women in its catalogs and runway shows, has not contracted a new "Angel" to join its lineup in two years. The last model to join its curvy ranks: Holland's Doutzen Kroes.

MSNBC

well I don't think it's 6

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen

Marisa is no longer a contracted angel with them, and I'm not sure we are counting Heidi.

So the rest (like several have said) are just spokesmodels/supermodels for the company.

Now we know it, there are 6 Angels, not 12 :)
Even Victoria's Secret, which built its brand by introducing the world to an endless string of gorgeous women in its catalogs and runway shows, has not contracted a new "Angel" to join its lineup in two years. The last model to join its curvy ranks: Holland's Doutzen Kroes.

MSNBC

Yet recently both Candice and Behati referred to themselves as Angels in South Africa's Cosmo and they have been contracted after Doutzen.

Behati and Doutzen might have been signed around the same time. In that Cosmo article that you referenced, Behati said she'd been an angel for almost two years. That would mean she was signed in 2008.

When it comes to reading articles say "She's an Angel" or the girls speak about it, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Most articles when they are featuring a model just say what they think is correct (just look at any recent interview/article about Selita or Izabel...both are still referred to as Angels and both don't deny it, but we know it isn't true) This statement came from Forbes, who speaks with Ed Razek, and Monica Mitro for contract information and insider information before the articles are published, which is about the only one that does. Behind the scenes, it's been said there was no additional contracts, only spokesmodel and supporting contracts, and this was said by many people...but people denied it and said no no no, well yes that's truly the way it is. This article is a very reliable source that has checked many sources for their info to be correct, and it's lined up with what some people have said all along. I think it's safe to say we have 4 or 5 Angels (Counting Heidi or not) and after that you've got models who have a "supermodel contract" much like Oluchi, Ana, and several others did. The supermodel/spokesmodel contract allows the model to do launches, commercials, appearances and etc...but it's not worth as much as the "Angel" contract and it isn't as big of an honor...but you're still doing a majority of promotional work. VS has ALWAYS done this (like I've said before) they have angels, and then their spokesmodels below them...look back in history of the company and you'll see it all the time.

I guess that would explain why Behati was listed at the very end of the credits and only got one outfit... But they have been making a lot more use of their "supermodels" recently than they ever did of their "spokesmodels". It may just have to do with the whole internet as a platform thing though.

miranda is an angel for sure.

but yeah vs use too much candice is an annoying now, they have so many vs model and they just use candice a lot. at first it was cool but now is annoying. vs always do that they focus on one model the most for a certain time, and then move on. i remember when they were doing that with miranda when she became an angel, but now they are doing that with candice.

by the way i like the video the 3 of them looks good together.

anyways i think candice and rosie are angels.

i think the angels are adriana, alessandra, miranda, doutzen, behati, candice and rosie.

No dear. They have NOT signed an angel (this was confirmed by Ed Razek for the Forbes list this year) since 2006.

The angels are

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen

Perhaps Behati (but I wouldn't count on it)

Candice, Rosie and others are contracted, but are not angels. This was just confirmed a few days ago by them saying no angels have been signed since Doutzen. These girls are not being used anymore than Ana was, Oluchi was, and a few others. Oluchi did several commercials, several campaigns, several launches and never was an angel. Ana did commercials and campaigns and never was. Oluchi was like Candice is now. Oluchi actually did more. VS has always done this, just with the list online now...people have been freaking out.

vs use too much candice is an annoying now, they have so many vs model and they just use candice a lot. at first it was cool but now is annoying.

I don't like Candice, but I understand why they are overusing her. It's the only way they are going to get people to know who she is. She's a nobody in the modeling world, and I don't think she's capable of generating true buzz and a big following on her own. It's going to be on VS to get her face recognized and her name known. That's going to be very important for her in a possible future as one of the prominent faces of the brand. She definitely needs to practice delivering her VS scripted lines and talking points though. They just don't come across fluid and natural.

The real question will be if Candice can use her association with the company (angel or not) to take her career to a new level the way Heidi did or the way Miranda has.