Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

i think it does matter to be an angel, because they get paid more and they are a little more know with the public than the regular girls.

i think the next vs team is going to be

Heidi

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Behati

Candice

Rosie

or

Heidi

Adriana

Alessandra

Doutzen

Behati

Candice

Rosie

I say it's goin' to be:

- Adriana

- Alessandra

- Miranda

- Candice

- Behati

But like i already say, as long as i get new pictures of Adri & i get to see my girls in the show i don't really care who's an Angel & who's not :idk:

"Angels"

Adriana

Alessandra

POSSIBLY Miranda

"Spokesmodels"

Candice

Rosie

Chanel

Emanuela

Erin

Marisa

Behati

Lindsay

^ This minus Heidi

Miranda is still iffy. A lot of woman don't seem to like her outside the fashion forums. If you go to any of the blogging places and read the hundred's upon hundred's of comments about her, it's normally the guys who want her, while you have a lot of females bitching about her being ugly, too skinny, being odd looking, only being famous for having a "famous" boyfriend... ect. In my own personal life I don't have a single person other then my husband who likes Miranda.... they'll all on team Doutzen. o.O

Candice seems to be more wildly liked by the woman then men.

Doutzen is the one getting praised by both sides... however I don't see them keeping her either :(

I'm not sure some of you guys get it, but the US is in serious financial crisis.

VS doesn't have the means to keep handing out million dollar contracts to a dozen woman at a time lol.

That being said, if the United States doesn't get out of this hole soon, I SERIOUSLY seriously don't see them keeping Adriana or Ale as "angels" either.

Now I'm not saying they won't model for VS, far from it, I'm saying Ale/Dri aren't going to be getting the big bucks they're used to... (lets just see how much these woman who proclaim to adore the company want to continue working for them then). I have a feeling Ale/Dri are going to be getting a year by year contract, or even a 6 month contract at which at the end of the 6 moths they'll be reviwed and either get resigned for another 6 months or be dropped.

I can also see the angles getting a much smaller pay check attached. If they keep selling then in two or three years time they'll be getting their normal paycheck *maybe a little less*.... so it all blances out.

Right now it's just to risky to sign these woman for 3/5 years at a time let alone to give them that much money in one lump sum when VS has no idea if they'll be selling two years down the road.

I think if they were to give them (Adriana & Alessandra) less than they're giving them now that there would be problems and like Gisele they would probably leave which I'm sure they don't want. I think those two are probably the only ones they would be willing to give however much they're getting now and more even if it meant dropping other Angels in order to do so if that's what they had to do if they're in fact having money issues because they would only be paying two girls the seven figures which is what they're doing now anyway because Miranda, Doutzen, Behati etc. are definitely not getting seven figures from VS at the current time, but I think when the other Angels contracts are up which seem to be this year or next then they'll let them go for good instead of signing them again as Supermodels or what have you. And with that being said, if they do let Miranda, Doutzen and whoever else is an Angel go (I think they'll keep one or two besides Adriana & Alessandra), I don't think we'll be seeing them for VS anymore because why would you want to sign for a contract that's for less than what you were getting or going to get had you still been an Angel? Unless you're desperate or really love Ed.

What I always find funny is that if Adriana, or Ale is spoken about the fans are targeted in saying she's "God". But yet we can have members, who only post things bashing other models and worshiping their favorite, and enjoy talking about their models and how they do no wrong but it's GREAT. FINE. TOTALLY AGREE. I find it hilarious how double sided people are, it really shows that with the internet everyone gets an opinion which isn't always a good thing. I guarantee if you were worshiping the same person they like they'd be totally cool with it. LOL!

There's a big enormous difference between simply talking about a favorite model (what most of us do) and attempting to lord a favorite over everyone else's through wild interpretations and incessant repetition of unproven claims (what you do). Explaining it would be a waste of my time when I can just point to the hilariousness of this post, which no other model's fans could inspire.

I make sure that I always provide sources for what you call unproven claims. Also I've never claimed anything that can't be looked back upon and seen. At least I don't deny things and magazines my model has been in, to make her come off much more special than she actually is. Talk about odd. Anyway, like I've said many times before, I've been a fan of VS for years and through that learned and read many many many articles that have stated everything I have said before on contracts, and etc. So when questions come about that can be answered I simply answer them. As for the Adriana thing, while I'm a fan yes, some of it is also common sense. Do I think she's God? HELL NO. The woman fricken gets on my nerves like no other and I can't stand her sometimes, but I do know quite a bit about her through contacts, articles over the years and etc. I've loved VS since about 1999, worked for them for about a year or so (by the way awful awful place to work) so I've come to know quite a bit about them and how they work. Again, if anyone does any amount of research they can find out the same things I've said, Sav has said the same things, Pretty (who I'm actually very good friends with, we speak on the phone pretty often and share news with each other since each has inside sources) has as well, all have been proven or come from a direct source or article. Nothing I will ever say about VS will be fabricated because believe it or not I have better things to do than make up something about a lingerie company. Also as a fan, when someone swears up and down Adriana or Alessandra or even someone I don't like is leaving and the information is there to prove they aren't, Hell yea I'm going to speak up, rumors don't need to keep going and going. As for the post, honestly I found it funny, if it was about me great, don't care. Please I have much more in my life than to get upset about than what someone writes online...or bring it up to someone. If someone can actually walk away from a computer mad over something some person who has nothing better to do than to type crap that is meant to be funny whoever you are, call the therapist now. lol

miranda already has 3 years with vs, i believe around april/may 2007 she got her contract with them.

and i still see her working for them, maybe she renew her contract or probably this is her last year working with them.

With her doing current launches my guess is she'll renew but most likely a contract that is a step down from the angels. If this article being discussed is in fact about Victoria's Secret.

On another note. Does anyone find it hilarious that when the 2009 Fashion show was going on, they were celebrating it being the 15th annual fashion show when it was only their 14th?

Facebook

Take a pic with Rosie & Candice at VS at the Grove, Los Angeles

Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time: 6:00pm - 7:00pm

Street: 189 The Grove Drive

City/Town: Los Angeles, CA

Description

Meet ROSIE HUNTINGTON-WHITELEY & CANDICE SWANEPOEL

Take a pic with our Bombshells and check out the Bombshell's Summer Must-Have - the Miraculous Push-Up - in hot new colors and animal prints for summer.

Plus, get access to the faster VIP line when you buy one!

One photo per person.

As for the post, honestly I found it funny, if it was about me great, don't care. Please I have much more in my life than to get upset about than what someone writes online...or bring it up to someone. If someone can actually walk away from a computer mad over something some person who has nothing better to do than to type crap that is meant to be funny whoever you are, call the therapist now. lol
^No, it wasn't about you per se - it was more about the hysteria caused by a woman returning to work from maternity leave...

And you're quite right - I have nothing better to do!

As mbinebri will no doubt testify, Marisa Miller gets a large amount of flak on this forum. Lots of members dislike Behati's presence in VS. We do disagree - and we argue, true. But that's that. Really, why does any negative Lima comment have to become part of some massive vendetta/conspiracy theory?

well said :wave::wave::wave::wave:
^Que? :ermm:

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore? Certainly nothing that was in that post. I didn't have anything against you Lost_Soul either - I just felt I had to respond to that "nothing better to do than to type crap that is meant to be funny" response that you gave to mbinebri! I appreciate that my humour won't be to everyone's tastes, but I think you'll find (on my 'Totally Spurious VS' thread) that I'm an equal opportunity irritant to the various model participants? And equality in criticism is all I'm advocating here... post-11221-0-1446080576-14132_thumb.gif

well said :wave::wave::wave::wave:
^Que? :ermm:

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore? Certainly nothing that was in that post. I didn't have anything against you Lost_Soul either - I just felt I had to respond to that "nothing better to do than to type crap that is meant to be funny" response that you gave to mbinebri! I appreciate that my humour won't be to everyone's tastes, but I think you'll find (on my 'Totally Spurious VS' thread) that I'm an equal opportunity irritant to the various model participants? And equality in criticism is all I'm advocating here... post-35528-0-1446080576-82195_thumb.gif

meaning a opinion was voiced, and it was left at that, to many times people get on and rant after someone puts down there fav model or actor, each person comes to the forum with a different opinion, and thats awesome, i love lima, doesnt mean i think everyone should, and if someone goes off about her, no skin off my nose, cause to each their own, its a free country so rant away :wave::wave::wave::wave: