Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

14 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

i don't want them to get rid of the angel status tbh  it's like if they get rid of the show ,, that's something that made them iconic and different from other brands. if they get rid of the angels, who would be interested in the brand? i wouldn't lol

What's the difference right now? The angels have the angels status but most of them don't even work that much, they have so many angels but they keep using random models and not just a few, as you can see in the latest campaign..what's the point of being an angel?? You get the money, that's it..and without the vsfs the status is even less worthy..and don't forget they don't even get 3 outfits anymore but 2 like Bella and Gigi, who don't even work with the brand outside the vsfs

48 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

What's the difference right now? The angels have the angels status but most of them don't even work that much, they have so many angels but they keep using random models and not just a few, as you can see in the latest campaign..what's the point of being an angel?? You get the money, that's it..and without the vsfs the status is even less worthy..and don't forget they don't even get 3 outfits anymore but 2 like Bella and Gigi, who don't even work with the brand outside the vsfs

i agree with what you said, they don't have privileges now, but if they do some changes like less angels and give them 3 outfits if there's a show, using them more... 

about the latest campaign; they're trying to be diverse, if they don't have diversity inside the angels, how are they gonna be inclusive? they could have used more angels, like romee, leomie, taylor/sara and sui he (she's an angel in china but anyway) instead of nisaa, jasmine and chiharu 

Yeah, I wish they'd cut the Angel number down and actually USE them. I don't see the point in having Angels anymore. 

Do they still go on talk shows and do interviews like they used to? I enjoyed watching stuff like Lily go on Wendy Williams or watching Miranda get interviewed at a VS event. Even though they said the same dumb stuff, it was still pleasant to put on as background sounds while I did homework. I like listening to workout tips lol 

I feel bad for the girls who became Angels in the last few years. Sure, they make money but really how much do they make? Probably a good bit compared to models who are still strugglign with fashion weeks and getting editorials, but compared to Angels of the past, I would think current Angels wouldn't make that much. Can anyone shed light onto this?

22 minutes ago, bump said:

Yeah, I wish they'd cut the Angel number down and actually USE them. I don't see the point in having Angels anymore. 

Do they still go on talk shows and do interviews like they used to? I enjoyed watching stuff like Lily go on Wendy Williams or watching Miranda get interviewed at a VS event. Even though they said the same dumb stuff, it was still pleasant to put on as background sounds while I did homework. I like listening to workout tips lol 

I feel bad for the girls who became Angels in the last few years. Sure, they make money but really how much do they make? Probably a good bit compared to models who are still strugglign with fashion weeks and getting editorials, but compared to Angels of the past, I would think current Angels wouldn't make that much. Can anyone shed light onto this?

I read something that the money offered with the contracts are a lot less than they used to. I forgot where I read it.

1 minute ago, peroxideblonde said:

something like 1k? it used to be millions

Just now, Sensual said:

I read something that the money offered with the contracts are a lot less than they used to. I forgot where I read it.

Thank you guys for replying. 

I thought about the same, but I wasn't sure. It kinda seems like anymore, if you join VS full time, it tarnishes your reputation. Or maybe I just think that because not too many of us on here are happy with VS. I don't know anyone in my real life who has any idea about this stuff, so the only opinions I ever hear/read are on this thread and a lot of us seem disappointed in VS. I know I am, sadly.

I don't liek models like KK, Gisele, Adriana, Izabel, Heidi, etc, but I wish I would've been a fan of VS during those times because it seemed a lot more exciting. 

5 minutes ago, bump said:

Thank you guys for replying. 

I thought about the same, but I wasn't sure. It kinda seems like anymore, if you join VS full time, it tarnishes your reputation. Or maybe I just think that because not too many of us on here are happy with VS. I don't know anyone in my real life who has any idea about this stuff, so the only opinions I ever hear/read are on this thread and a lot of us seem disappointed in VS. I know I am, sadly.

I don't liek models like KK, Gisele, Adriana, Izabel, Heidi, etc, but I wish I would've been a fan of VS during those times because it seemed a lot more exciting. 

I think VS is still iconic enough right now, but I think since they have opened up the contract a little, so they have contract models without restricting their careers too much. Just look at how much  angels are getting right now. I'm a man so I dont really have any experience, but from what I here from people, their products aren't that great anymore and they are overpriced, and their options aren't inclusive or numerous, and their service isn't very good. There is a ton they could do to improve from what I hear.

Since I hang around disability circles, I've that a brand like Aerie goes above and beyond and are very accommodating for disabled people.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:24 AM, bump said:

All Aboard is one of my all time favorite segments and I love that Doutzen opened it. and OMG Star Trooper was fun because I liked Miranda, Ale, and Candice, but the outfits were awful. IDK who allowed those to be put on the runway. 

I love Star Trooper for Abbey Lee's little dance shimmy with the BEP. She knew how to have fun onstage. 

VS isn't iconic anymore tho, it isn't only on the fact that they don't use the angels anymore, it's the fact that people don't even know who are those angels. Their stuuf isn't only overpriced and low quality, they are not marketed right and most of their thing are straight up ugly or uncomfortable.

Also, part of what VS was THE VICTORIA'S SECRET back was the fact that no other lingerie brand could hold a candle to them, they got stuck when the competition got strong. They had the exclusivity, the biggest models on the world worked for them, now just anybody could book the show and even being an angel. The angel status used to be that thing that everybody wanted, now not everyone could achieve that and that's why everyone wanted it. Now every nobody can be an angel, now we're stuck with almost 20 angels and if we, that know those girls by name forget they're angels, just imagine how many of them they general public; they may know like 3 of them and still naming the one that aren't angels anymore.

One more thing, there's literally ZERO difference between being an angel and being a regular VS model. Exclusivity is dead, the angels status is dead.

14 hours ago, medicenevs said:

VS isn't iconic anymore tho, it isn't only on the fact that they don't use the angels anymore, it's the fact that people don't even know who are those angels. Their stuuf isn't only overpriced and low quality, they are not marketed right and most of their thing are straight up ugly or uncomfortable.

Also, part of what VS was THE VICTORIA'S SECRET back was the fact that no other lingerie brand could hold a candle to them, they got stuck when the competition got strong. They had the exclusivity, the biggest models on the world worked for them, now just anybody could book the show and even being an angel. The angel status used to be that thing that everybody wanted, now not everyone could achieve that and that's why everyone wanted it. Now every nobody can be an angel, now we're stuck with almost 20 angels and if we, that know those girls by name forget they're angels, just imagine how many of them they general public; they may know like 3 of them and still naming the one that aren't angels anymore.

One more thing, there's literally ZERO difference between being an angel and being a regular VS model. Exclusivity is dead, the angels status is dead.

I agree with all of this. I can barely remember who the Angels are, and I like a good bit of them.

I wonder if this is what VS wanted? I can't see that being the case becuase it doesn't seem like it's working for them, but why else would they hire so many Angels and still use some many regular filler models? I still like some VS products, but you're right most of them suck now. I barely go in there anymore.I used to love teh PINK yoga pants about 5 years ago, but now they are boring and they all look the same and cost too much. IDK why they jacked up the prices so much for subpar stuff. 

Anne's outfit on Aquatic Angels was beautiful, what are you talking about?:rofl: Anne V, for me, was always that non-angel that deserved better, this just proves my gut right. She'shonestly one of the nicest girls, I have never heard nothing bad about her.

I mean let's face it, I don't want to be that bitch and everyone knows I can't stand Sara, but homegirl worked her way up with VS, for years and it took her a long time to book VS, three years before she booked the show, then a couple extra years to get the contract... And now VS working with all these random models who are booking gigs just because VS wants to be #woke? Like they are not even trying to look fit, meanwhile Sara and the other girls have been working their asses off for years to stay in top shape. It sucks, I wouldn't blame her if she was annoyed, I for sure would be annoyed as hell.