Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

10 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

I dunno, but it makes me sad on the inside that an adult would choose with design this, or that anyone who chooses to wear it. Fingers crossed Elsa was asked to wear it and that her sense of fashion isn't akin to that of a 7-year-old.

I also love the 60's bouffant meets every 90's brides dream hair..

Love hair and makeup on Elsa’s “vintage” 80’s big bows on everything look. 

Dress is a pass.

Amfar looks are not that bad I have to say.

Sara is a winner but I also liked Josephine and Elsa.

I preferred Jasmine's RC blue dress.

I know it's Versace but I don't like Stella's dress (you could've told me it's Sherry Hill and I'd belived you).

Martha - meh. Which is a surprise because I usually like her style.

Alexina - meh.

Leomie - I actually like the dress, just it might be to colorful for RC.

Did I forget someone?

38 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

Screenshot_2019-05-24-12-49-23-1.thumb.png.7c62e4ebde2542f95b96b0d74854a875.pngIMG_20190524_124925.thumb.jpg.12668b4f8467592195a37fc6e504455d.jpg

Again it doesn't sound like they're canceling it, just changing the way it's viewed and formatted.

According to a company memo obtained by CNBC, Les Wexner, CEO of L Brands, which owns VS, said it was time to reconsider the format for which the brand's annual spectacle would be shown.

"Fashion is a business of change," it reads. "We must evolve and change to grow. With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria's Secret Show. Going forward we don't believe network television is the right fit. In 2019 and beyond, we're focusing on developing exciting and dynamic content and a new kind of event — delivered to out customers on platforms that she's glued to... and in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age."

This alludes to the possibility that though the show will likely not appear on network television as usual, streaming platforms may be a smart move forward. Consider also the fact that most runway shows can now be seen in real time, whether you're at fashion week or not. Brands from Balenciaga to Chanel have devised clever ways for fashion obsessives to stream their latest presentations as they happen via Instagram, specialized apps, good old YouTube, and more. It's nice to know VS is joining the digital age, especially when you think of how the major multi-million dollar event happens weeks before it is actually shown to the general public on TV. The decision to rethink how its annual show will occur might even be a money-saver.

Here is the full memo

Dear Associate,

For the past few months, we’ve said that we are taking a fresh look at every aspect of our business – from merchandising, marketing and brand positioning, to our real estate portfolio, digital business and cost structure … literally everything. We have made enormous progress in a very short time, and are looking forward to a successful fall and holiday with an elevated, fashion-forward assortment …

The strength and positive perception of
the Victoria’s Secret brand is unparalleled, and our fashion show has revolutionized the mix of fashion and entertainment around the world … a key factor in the building of the brand.

Fashion is a business of change. We must evolve and change to grow. With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Going forward we don’t believe network television is the right fit. In 2019 and beyond, we’re focusing on developing exciting and dynamic content and a new kind of event – delivered to our customers on platforms that she’s glued to … and in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age. I’ve never been more excited about the power of this brand and where it’s going … [Victoria’s Secret CEO] John [Mehas] and team are re-birthing the brand.

Best regards,
Les

8 minutes ago, bump said:

Taylor's hair and white dress is HORRIBLE. I can't get past it, like I can't even look at anyone else because she just is .....EW

Homage to Studio 54 is never a bad thing lol The inner channelings of Brooke Sheilds are real, but I understand how it may not be to your liking.

1 minute ago, Prettyphile said:

Homage to Studio 54 is never a bad thing lol The inner channelings of Brooke Sheilds are real, but I understand how it may not be to your liking.

I'll have to look up Studio 54. I know Andy Warhol went there and it was some kind of club, but I've never dug more into its history. 

Brooke Shields....I've heard the name but will have to look her up too. 

Thanks for telling me about Studio 54 and Brooke Shields because I'm interesting in looking them up to see how her look is influenced by them. :Dinah:

While my own hair is wild and fluffy and curly, her hair is just too much. It's distracting. And her dress just looks like my grandma's  ripped up doily. 

22 minutes ago, bump said:

I'll have to look up Studio 54. I know Andy Warhol went there and it was some kind of club, but I've never dug more into its history. 

Brooke Shields....I've heard the name but will have to look her up too. 

Thanks for telling me about Studio 54 and Brooke Shields because I'm interesting in looking them up to see how her look is influenced by them. :Dinah:

While my own hair is wild and fluffy and curly, her hair is just too much. It's distracting. And her dress just looks like my grandma's  ripped up doily. 

Taylor at times is a dead ringer for Brooke Shields, other times she could pass at her daughter or sister.

image.png

image.png

And the look if you know anything about clothing history Taylors look was a very similar cut and style that was popular back in the 70's. Even the hair is spot on.

Actually, if we're being honest, most of the looks on the red carpet have been giving homage to looks from the late '60s, '70s and early '80s. From Sara's pants sets to Taylor's white/purple number which is a nod to Audrey Hepburn (who Taylor has also been compared too), Brigitte Bardot and Parisian Avant-Garde fashions of the '60s and '70s and even a little modern gypsy culture. There are also nods to Disco in a couple of the looks Izabel worn (among many others)

Fashion at it's best is just recycled fads, camp, and styles from yesteryear...