Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

13 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Yes, but shouldnt it be enough for them to unfollow him already? Does it have to explode to matter...?? Im probably just overreacting over it but oh well

I think the same thing but I am inclined to the idea that both are not as informed about the matter yet and Taylor will probably give you details soon. Even if it was Romee or Jas, he would also have stopped following him instantly

58 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

I think the same thing but I am inclined to the idea that both are not as informed about the matter yet and Taylor will probably give you details soon. Even if it was Romee or Jas, he would also have stopped following him instantly

Or maybe they don't even remember that they are following him, those are busy women with busy life and I don't think they put they minds on who are they following.

This situation reminded me of these wise words Uma Thurman said:

“Personally, it has taken me 47 years to stop calling people who are mean to you ‘in love’ with you. It took a long time because I think that as little girls we are conditioned to believe that cruelty and love somehow have a connection and that is like the sort of era that we need to evolve out of.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/this-is-why-uma-thurman-is-angry.html

Just because Bellemere was sexually obsessed with the models he shot, it doesn’t mean that he was in love with them, that he admired or respected them or their work or that they were truly his “muses.”

3 minutes ago, Sanni said:

This situation reminded me of these wise words Uma Thurman said:

“Personally, it has taken me 47 years to stop calling people who are mean to you ‘in love’ with you. It took a long time because I think that as little girls we are conditioned to believe that cruelty and love somehow have a connection and that is like the sort of era that we need to evolve out of.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/this-is-why-uma-thurman-is-angry.html

Just because Bellemere was sexually obsessed with the models he shot, it doesn’t mean that he was in love with them, that he admired or respect them or their work or that they were truly his “muses.”

yeah, I bet some of the models that were victims of Bellemere feel that they owe something like '' affection '' or respect. In addition, it is very easy that being so young fall into a platonic / romantic attraction to him, guys like Bellemere at that age know how to manipulate girls very well.

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

If Ed was talking about her when he talked about some model not being cast in the VS show because of partying too hard, it’d be such a low-blow from Ed.

We don't know if he was talking about Barbara back then, and even if it was I doubt he knew about the abuse. Kadel may have just lied about it and be like she's a bitch and really hard to work with and stuff along those lines. And the fact that VS decided to cut ties with both Kadel and Bellemere to make the models feel more comfortable tells me that they actually do care about that kind of things, so i doubt Ed would say that abour Barbs if he was aware of the whole thing

And the more I think about it, the more it does seem like the Kadel girl is Barbara. Does anyone know if she used to have a female agent and switched agents? She's always been with IMG but if she did change agents then it's pretty much confirmed it was her, either way this whole story is disgusting I hope both these pigs go to jail and rot there. 

These photographers continue to disgust me. I hope Taylor, Lais, Sara, Barbara, Vita, or any other models who may have potentially been victimized by these pigs reveal some insight into the situation and use their platform to speak out against sexual misconduct in the modeling industry. Sara's previous speech about her experience with Lui was powerful and these girls could make huge impacts in both the industry and amongst their fans. Seeing how Ed is nearly always on set, I feel like his involvement should be addressed as well. There is no way he had no knowledge of these problems. If he did and was the one who cut ties with the photographers, he still should have not just simply swept it under the rug and pretended like it was a simple business redirection. 

3 minutes ago, Clauds said:

We don't know if he was talking about Barbara back then, and even if it was I doubt he knew about the abuse. Kadel may have just lied about it and be like she's a bitch and really hard to work with and stuff along those lines. And the fact that VS decided to cut ties with both Kadel and Bellemere to make the models feel more comfortable tells me that they actually do care about that kind of things, so i doubt Ed would say that abour Barbs if he was aware of the whole thing

And the more I think about it, the more it does seem like the Kadel girl is Barbara. Does anyone know if she used to have a female agent and switched agents? She's always been with IMG but if she did change agents then it's pretty much confirmed it was her, either way this whole story is disgusting I hope both these pigs go to jail and rot there. 

Now it makes sense to me the radical change that Barbara had with her body a couple of years ago, it could be because of alcohol too, but it was as if suddenly she was no longer interesting for some campaigns. She had to suffer in silence in case she was the victim of this pig, probably the parties were a kind of distraction.

2 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

Now it makes sense to me the radical change that Barbara had with her body a couple of years ago, it could be because of alcohol too, but it was as if suddenly she was no longer interesting for some campaigns. She had to suffer in silence in case she was the victim of this pig, probably the parties were a kind of distraction.

I hate to make assumptions along the lines of this, but it seems uncomfortably tangible. 

IF the model in question is Barbara, could the timeline be something like this:

Kadel continuously harasses her -> Barbara finally can’t take it anymore and refuses to work with him -> Kadel badmouths her to Ed et al. -> VS sides with the photographer -> Barbara goes to the VSFS castings and gets rejected -> When she asks why, Ed tells her that he always sees pictures of her partying instead of working out like Adriana Lima.

She was on the Christmas catalogue cover though… So maybe they really liked her but didn’t want to deal with a situation where one of the models is refusing to work with their photographer who in turn is likely refusing to work with her.

Also, Barbara moved from New York to Paris. Maybe to escape bad memories and bad influences if her partying got a bit out of hand after what Kadel did?

Maybe in a twisted way Kadel’s claims seemed to be corroborated by Barbara’s public partying and Ed disapproved of it but in actuality the hard partying had been caused by Kadel taking advantage of her when she was drunk (and she had probably been intentionally plied with alcohol in that case)

13 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

These photographers continue to disgust me. I hope Taylor, Lais, Sara, Barbara, Vita, or any other models who may have potentially been victimized by these pigs reveal some insight into the situation and use their platform to speak out against sexual misconduct in the modeling industry. Sara's previous speech about her experience with Lui was powerful and these girls could make huge impacts in both the industry and amongst their fans. Seeing how Ed is nearly always on set, I feel like his involvement should be addressed as well. There is no way he had no knowledge of these problems. If he did and was the one who cut ties with the photographers, he still should have not have simply swept it under the rug and pretended like it was a simple business redirection. 

I always love your posts!

3 minutes ago, Sanni said:

IF the model in question is Barbara, could the timeline be something like this:

Kadel continuously harasses her -> Barbara finally can’t take it anymore and refuses to work with him -> Kadel badmouths her to Ed et al. -> VS sides with the photographer ->

Something like this makes me think that maybe Barbara didn't fully specify why she didn't want to work with Kadel? 

Given how her the model's own agent told her to basically suck it up and deal with it for her career, I can see a young model not wanting to risk "slandering" an important photographer, even if her claims are true, given the lack of support she's already received from people who are supposed to have her back. 

5 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Something like this makes me think that maybe Barbara didn't fully specify why she didn't want to work with Kadel? 

Given how her the model's own agent told her to basically suck it up and deal with it for her career, I can see a young model not wanting to risk "slandering" an important photographer, even if her claims are true, given the lack of support she's already received from people who are supposed to have her back. 

Or bribes, maybe. These guys always look for some way to hurt them in case they want to denounce. I would not be surprised if these two have illegal content on their computers. I hope this gets bigger in the coming days and the police can intervene. I'm fed up with these pigs running out of punishment as if not having work was enough for the damage caused.

11 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Maybe in a twisted way Kadel’s claims seemed to be corroborated by Barbara’s public partying and Ed disapproved of it but in actuality the hard partying had been caused by Kadel taking advantage of her when she was drunk (and she had probably been intentionally plied with alcohol in that case)

Such a disgustingly toxic cycle, but it makes sense with the randomness surrounding Barbara's exit. I feel like this was entirely Barbara's decision to leave, rather than VS, which is how it has been advertised. Barbara was on top of the world and, for things to crash in her life away from the cameras, I would not be surprised that she decided to make such a drastic business move to leave. It would explain why VS still used her image for the Christmas catalog. 

18 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I always love your posts!

:excited: Likewise!

8 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

Or bribes, maybe. These guys always look for some way to hurt them in case they want to denounce. I would not be surprised if these two have illegal content on their computers. I hope this gets bigger in the coming days and the police can intervene. I'm fed up with these pigs running out of punishment as if not having work was enough for the damage caused.

Preach! I'm holding Ed to the same standard and refuse to believe otherwise until he actually speaks out about the issue. 

I'm sure it's Barbara, it just all adds up tho. Her sudden dissapearance from VS catalogs, her being just a teenager at the time, her starting to party too much, moving from NYC to Paris in the peak of her career. Barbara hasn't done a shoot with Kadel in years and he is (or was until this) a big photographer, you'd think they'd done more work together. This adds even more reason to my hatred of VS and certain other brands booking models so young, sure she may be legal in the paper but at 18 you're frankly, still a kid and in Barbara's case it's even worse because she started working with VS when she was actually underage, same with Taylor. It's just no fucking okay :no: 

As much as I dislike their work, I see why Russell and Yu Tsai are constantly working with the same women at the model's request, it's probably because they are a couple of the photographers who seem to respect them and make them feel comfortable enough. 

@Cult Icon Testino is currently under fire, he is being accussed by 13 male models misconduct and harassment, same for Bruce Weber. Conde Nast has now cut ties with both of them + Terry Richardson.

1 minute ago, Clauds said:

This adds even more reason to my hatred of VS and certain other brands booking models so young, sure she may be legal in the paper but at 18 you're frankly, still a kid and in Barbara's case it's even worse because she started working with VS when she was actually underage, same with Taylor. It's just no fucking okay :no: 

These girls all have an immense amount of talent and it is admirable for them to pursue work at such an early age. However, I agree with you that, despite the legality, the models are still too young to properly manage a career and advocate for themselves within the industry. These girls often give up high school and college educations to pursue their dreams, which leaves them vulnerable when men in powerful positions like Bellemere, Kadel, Richardson, Testino, and Weber.

It is unfortunate to the rumors surrounding both Barbara and Taylor presenting a pattern of years worth of abuse. 

It's also not the same facing being harassed at 17-18 than as an adult. At 17 I would have been absolutely terrified and I'm not sure what I would have done, now being an adult if you try to cross me I'll fucking cut you, you just don't tolerate bullshit and I feel like especially shooting stuff like lingerie we adultize (is that a word?) these girls who are again, just kids.

That being said, I'm proud of Tay for standing up for herself and not putting up with that bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

It's also not the same facing being harassed at 17-18 than as an adult. At 17 I would have been absolutely terrified and I'm not sure what I would have done, now being an adult if you try to cross me I'll fucking cut you, you just don't tolerate bullshit and I feel like especially shooting stuff like lingerie we adultize (is that a word?) these girls who are again, just kids.

That being said, I'm proud of Tay for standing up for herself and not putting up with that bullshit. 

Let's not forget all the agents and other crew members who kept sending girls to him instead of cutting all ties before more women were abused. The crew members are also complicit by not running interference or boycotting his shoots. They knew what he was doing and kept silent. Anonymous complaints to the police from multiple sources could've helped, but they all kept quiet.

Screenshot_2018-02-18-00-39-00.png

If all of this is true then I hope whoever is involved in this situation will get punished for it and get the treatment they need, but whatever happend to being innocent until proven guilty? Where is the proof that he/all the others involved did all these things? I find it odd how everyone seems to automatically jump to conclusions and think everything that has been said is true. I’m not trying to take sides or anything btw but it’s quite worrying how lately anyone who gets accused of something is automatically considered guilty even when there isn't any proof.