Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

except from the social media - or let me say, Instagram - what else they do that is current and relevant for today's millenial? They still follow a TV+ strategy, where the TV show (VSFS and now Swim are the 2 peaks per year) and they don't use other media do engage with the users and customers besides IG. There are more than 8 touch points in average in the purchase paths and they just touch 2-3 max...

They could do cool shit with YouTube, Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, think about the Omni-channel rather just "stores" vs "Instagram"

EDIT: they're GREAT on IG tho! don't get me wrong, they're one of the most influential brands out there today

13 minutes ago, jay_hk said:

They could do cool shit with YouTube, Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, think about the Omni-channel rather just "stores" vs "Instagram"

I have no idea why you think they're just focusing on Instagram, because it couldn't be further than the truth. They literally have a snapchat filter right now for the Swim Special, and are constantly doing giveaways, fan interactions on snapchat- this week they had a bracelet giveaway. They use their Facebook and Twitter to communicate with their customers and share promos, and have paid promotions on both those platforms so even consumers who don't follow the page see their ads, and always post online exclusives on their YouTube channel- different cuts of the commercials, meet the Angels, etc. 

The only thing I agree with is Netflix. I doubt it would be possible because they're not a genre Netflix would really cater to, but it would be nice to have all the previous shows available on Netflix. 

^ sorry, forgot that they use snapchat :wacko: regarding FB and YT, they use a pull strategy, and I think they would be much better off using "push". no one (besides VS fans and Models fans) goes to the YT channel of any brand, which limits a lot the reach they could have with videos / posts

I agree with toodarnhot. On twitter for example they are always replying to people and on snapchat they do giveaways were people have to use the app to draw. They have different stratagies for the different apps to reach different kinds of people. Plus they 7se the regular media...they have lots of tv commercials. Plus I think their sales have actually been higher..

As far as the cameos go I don't think it is something easy to pull off, but they do so much already that a 2 min cameo on a tv show would not do too much. 

Since Instagram added video though they have stopped adding as much content to YouTube as they used to. They would update their YouTube channel constantly and post extended versions of every commercial. Now they just post the 16 second commercial, barely any behind the scenes stuff. Their YouTube channel is only used mainly around the fashion show time. I wish they'd put more out ther but like I said with Instagram video now what's the need.

^ I noticed they've slowed down their YT uploads a ton. We used to get full/30 second versions of commercials all the time and now I feel like that never happens.

Unrelated to any discussion going on right now, but is it too early in the year for them to know where they're shooting the holiday commercial? I noticed on one of Tina's recent pictures on IG that she used the hashtags  "#cali #backinjuly" which is when they film that. 

I suspect it's just a vacation spot for her. It seemed like a personal weekend trip, not work related, and she's probably heading back to see the same friends or something. 

Kelly Gale shot lingerie with Guy today, and the previews on her snapchat are gorgeous. So far it's been Kelly, Lais, Romee and Jo with Guy this week. 

I don't think they signed Vita, they don't show her in any of the Swim Special stuff and it wouldn't feel right if they announced her now, when they announced Jo a few weeks ago, and if they have 14 angels, there will always the option of pairing with 7/7

Candice-Behati

Adriana-Alessandra

Lily-Martha

Sara-Taylor

Romee-Jasmine

Stella-Romee

Lais-Elsa

5 hours ago, gotportugal said:

Lais-ElsaI don't think they signed Vita, they don't show her in any of the Swim Special stuff and it wouldn't feel right if they announced her now, when they announced Jo a few weeks ago, and if they have 14 angels, there will always the option of pairing with 7/7

Candice-Behati

Adriana-Alessandra

Lily-Martha

Sara-Taylor

Romee-Jasmine

Stella-Romee

Lais-Elsa

You forgot Jo and have romee twice. 

Adriana-Alessandra

Candice-Behati

Sara-Taylor

Martha-Stella

Lily-Lais

Romee-Elsa

Jo-Jasmine

There's not even one second of Lais in the Swim Special trailer, she's def the next to go and I hope she goes soon; can't wait to see her losing weight and going back to high fashion were she's awesome too. 

VS is just stupid, they in fact are letting the angels with the smallest number of followers go, but with Lais is different...They don't even try to push her, they post a picture of her once in a year and that's it! It's a shame cause that girl itself is a goddess; How do they want someone (Lais) to become big if they (her best pushing machine) don't give a f***  about her?? Stupid VS

Even tho, Lais still have a big number of followers; considering that VS doesn't push her AT ALL, she still have 725k wich is bigger than Jac who were waaaaaayyy more pushed; not to mention Jasmine, who is one of VS' faves, is always on their instagram and doing press with Alessandra, Adriana and Elsa, and hasn't reached 1m yet;

If VS starts pushing Lais, LETTING HER TALK AT LEAST, she'd be big. But well, she's there just for catalogues and stuff because all they need is Jasmine; it feels like her angel status is totally symbolic, like a gift for putting VS in front of High Fashion, working hard with them in the past 6 years and everything, but in fact she's just the same thing she was in 2011, 2013 and 2014 > on the credits of VSFS, good outfits, but dont talk in the show; her best time was in 2013 and 2011... If she walked 2012, damn it, that girl would be bigger than Joan, Jourdan and Chanel for sure 

I love Jas so much, and she's just great but lets face it, she's being pushed just because she's better of course at speaking english and they need a black girl....

Anyway, Lais is the next to go and it's not her fault; girl has really improved her english and speaking skills, is promoting the Swim Special like crazy on IG, is everywhere on Brazilians newspapers because of her angel title BUT OH VS is stupid enough for letting girls like Erin, Doutzen, Jac and Karolina go so Lais is the next on the "Great but gone" list. 

Shame, VS

I swear to God if they let Lais go I'm gonna be hella pissed.

Girl worked like crazy for them for what... 4 years? Finally gets to become an actual angel and they snob her like that. I hope she's not leaving any time soon, she's an amazing model, a gorgeous woman and looks like a really sweet sweet girl who goes along with everyone. I guess her only "flaw" is her not so sharp spokeperson abilities.

Exactly, she totally blew away her HF career (Tom Ford campaign, walked for almost every single designer from NY to Shangai, editorials and covers for Vogue/Elle) in favour of VS and THAT'S how they pay her back! They're treating her like trash 

I agree in everything with you @Marciotmelloexcept in two things: She doesnt need to loose any weight, her body is amazing, still really skinny but more curvier and the other thing is that they dont have to let her go, her beauty is beyond, her personality is so funny and sexy, she is one the best (too bad VS doesnt ser that now)