Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I honestly don't think Lais is interested in high fashion at all. She's paid her dues at the beginning of her career, and now she's got a good contract position. I believe she said she pursued modelling so she could provide for her son. Commercial gigs like VS let her do that, and don't have her flying around the world for weeks at a time for fashion week and leaving her son at home. 

19 minutes ago, freevsangel said:

I agree in everything with you @Marciotmelloexcept in two things: She doesnt need to loose any weight, her body is amazing, still really skinny but more curvier and the other thing is that they dont have to let her go, her beauty is beyond, her personality is so funny and sexy, she is one the best (too bad VS doesnt ser that now)

I'm not saying she's gained weight like crazy, no, hell no, but she herself said in a brazilian talk show that she used to wear 36 and now she's 38 cause VS likes more curvier girls and everything and she's clearly gained some weight, and we all know how HF is though on weight issues, BUT I agree with you and I don't think it would be a problem for her, she just can pull of everything; I also love her in VS and yes she's perfect for the brand but VS just treats her like shit, and she deserves better than this; a model like Lais shouldn't be treated like an ordinary model :Amelie_wft:

Agree with you two @jay_hk @toodarnhot

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I honestly don't think Lais is interested in high fashion at all. She's paid her dues at the beginning of her career, and now she's got a good contract position. I believe she said she pursued modelling so she could provide for her son. Commercial gigs like VS let her do that, and don't have her flying around the world for weeks at a time for fashion week and leaving her son at home. 

+1, I don't follow Lais that much but I don't believe she's ever really been too much in the high fashion scene? I would be a bit upset if VS dropped Lais.

I never want to compare lais to jasmine.But jasmine is american and Vs is us brand.Lais seem quiet one.And audience like bubby over the top girl like bee,adri,tyra,heidi.Vs signed to many girl and they are only spot light for chosen one like taylor,elsa,jasmin and jo.

VS marketing might be good at updates and exposure on their products and events, but what sucks big time is how they've handled the Angel-brand for the last couple of years. They have done horrible mistakes in the past with hiring some of the most random spokesmodels, and the biggest flop was the decision to hire 10 angels at the same time. With interesting spokesmodels you can move products but in that department VS has failed miserably. Who's going to care for forgettable spokesmodels + when there are too many of them as well?

If VS would have been as good as marketing their Angels like they used to, many current Angels wouldn't even be Angels. In case of Lais - if she was around 10 years ago, I guess she would have gotten the same treatment like Oluchi.

You've said it a few times that their hiring of 10 angels was a flop but clearly it hasn't been. The girls have done well enough socially. Some girls favored more than others but they've all experienced a ton of exposure due to becoming Angels. Kate was the only one that was a wtf but she's been replaced with Josephine or Jo replaced Jac whichever. VS has kept the rest on again for another year (so far based on being in the swim special). Each girl has done quite a lot since becoming Angels. Either fashion shows/editorials or campaigns. I don't think the hiring of 10 Angels has been a flop at all for the company. Freeing up money from no longer having Doutzen, Lindsay or Karlie they could disperse that amongst more spokesmodels for the brand.

Taylor, Romee, Jasmine have had some great campaigns. Elsa, Taylor, Stella and Lais have featured in editorials. They've all done runway. Martha has been lucky enough to be in Taylor's posse but she's worked a good amount too since becoming an angel. Sara is already super popular. I think they've achieved a lot in their careers so far due to VS hiring them as Angels.

I find it funny how when they did the commercial alltogether for BBV before they became angels a year ago, everyone was like 'Oh I can see them as angels in the future' and everyone liked the group' but the day they became Angels, people started to pick flaws and show reasons why they shouldn't have become angels...

Their contract with VS hit them quite hard for some of the more Commercial girls, for example, Sara had a hugely lucrative contract with Calzedonia, Europe's biggest swimwear company, that gave her a huge exposure in Europe, and without that and other deals, her work decreased a lot in 2015. She probably didn't do SI because of her VS contract. So she lost 2 of her biggest jobs to a big job, VS, that in money terms was probably equal, but in terms of exposure was hella lot more,

But this year i think she went to find opportunities in more HF things and its paying out, she has done TH, Balmain and opened Elie Saab. It wouldn't be possible for her to do this if it wasn't for VS. 

Sara and Taylor are gaining 5k followers a day and it seems they might become more popular than Lily. In terms of gaining popularity, I think Elsa is in the second slot, with Martha, Romee and Stella in the third. Jasmine and Lais are meh for me as literally Jasmine's pictures are always the least liked in VS's insta, I don´t people relate to her that much despite the major exposure she got.Lais doesn't get promoted at all. Josephine is stil to be seen, but she is probably with Elsa.

Just now, ThePinkDiet said:

Talking about SI...

I still haven't figure it out Lily's deal about it. From this year photos it looks like she's wearing only VS swimwear, but I can't understand why she's the only angel who actually does SI.

VS probably did a contract with SI, so they could have a model with their swimwear and while Lily did it, Sara didn't because her conract didn't  let her wear other swimwears.

When it comes to Lais, we can't say she's a bad spokesmodel.... The fact is, she's never been promoting anything for VS. VS just don't use her, it's like she's not there, even if she is

I don't think anybody here can say her english is bad enough for not having her talking in the show or other promos, I actually think her english is better than Adriana's 

Here's an interview for Huffington Post with Martha http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/victorias-secret-angels-lais-ribeiro-martha-hunt-interview/558da43cfe34444c00000540

we can't also say that she lacks personality

The fact is: VS treats her like an ordinary model; she doesn't get any solo campaign, or promo events, or even TALK in their videos/show... she's a total random to them :( 

All the angels except maybe for Romee got their spotlight but Lais is literally nobody for VS, she's like uuuuhhh Lais....... and that's it! but even Romee got the Xo Victoria campaign and all Lais gets are catalogues and not in even one of them she gets the cover :lame:

Btw, in one year as an angel all Lais has done was:

1- Catalogues

2- BBV campaign

3- Pelotonia event (her only line was "that's my favourite" and in the end she says "go pelotonia" and that's it)

4- BBV event (not even 1 talk in the video for YT)

5-BBV catalogue cover with Martha and Jac

6- Wings in the Holiday commercial 

7- BBV commercial

8- VSFS (her line in the whole show was "Taylor, I got a gift for you") 

and that's it, if you pick all her pictures on VS instagram in 2015 I bet you'll find less then 30... maybe even less than 20

Now I think nobody here can say she's a bad spokesmodel since she didn't even had the oportunity to be a spokesmodel, right? 

482197386.jpg

The only time she did something that suits the word "promo"; and well, I think we all can see who looks more like an Angel 

ofc not, but literally 50% of the time Martha talks is to talk about her famous friends and what she does with them and the other 50 is talking about how much she likes the product she is talking about. I don't have anything against it , its just irritates sometimes, I actually don't hate Martha as much as some people do around here

5 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

ofc not, but literally 50% of the time Martha talks is to talk about her famous friends and what she does with them and the other 50 is talking about how much she likes the product she is talking about. I don't have anything against it , its just irritates sometimes, I actually don't hate Martha as much as some people do around here

+1 

Also Lily, she's like BEST FRIEND with everyone

"Oh Gigi is like my best friend" "Oh Taylor is like my best friend ever" and I'm like "uhum.."

And Martha is like 

Reporter: "So Martha, how cool is it being a VS Angel?"

Matha: "It's so nice you know we have this bra, that's all in lace and it comes in 24 different collors and you can buy it everywhere in the country so its cool to be a VS Angel" 

it's so annoying 

1 hour ago, Marciotmello said:

I don't know but in Brazil 36 is the smallest size with 38 coming right after 36... It's not a big difference but in HF things are weird; 

Ah okay Brazilian sizing. I don't know how that works. 

And yes.. hf with the weight and sizing and measurements seem kind of off but hey.. they're trying to sell clothes.