Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Adele's Live from NYC special had almost double the amount of viewers than the VSFS, efff you VS this happens when you put lame performers in your show ...  if the show flopped like this are they really expecting people to tune in for another swim special? :ninja: 

1 hour ago, ceceshores said:

Based on Jen's latest IG post it sounds like it's one trip this year, which makes sense. They're having some kind of wrap party tonight but I don't know if it's being filmed. 

I'm pretty sure they filmed it because the girls were in all black outfits, and you could see Russell in the back with a camera, and now they're in more casual clothes and seem to be actually relaxing. I'm wondering if they had the final performer tonight. 

Last year the Swim Special had 4 m viewers and rated just 1.0(VSFS rates on average 3 or higher) in the target 18-49 demographic but it was going on at the same time as another season finale of a hit TV show how to get away with murder. They have some bad timing with the airing dates of their shows.

42 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I'm pretty sure they filmed it because the girls were in all black outfits, and you could see Russell in the back with a camera, and now they're in more casual clothes and seem to be actually relaxing. I'm wondering if they had the final performer tonight. 

I think you're right!

I'm about 99.99% sure Demi is the second performer. Someone from her hair & makeup team posted a picture of polaroids tonight on a white table that looks exactly like the one in a snap (I think?) of Taylor and Sara, who also have the same style of polaroids on their table. Plus the t-shirts with Demi's lyrics and Vita quoting the song in an IG post.

6 hours ago, ceceshores said:

Adele is killing it. 

The ratings sucked last year for the swim special, I can only imagine how bad they'll be this year. 

6 hours ago, Schemer said:

I mean...Adele is #1 artist in the world by a large margin. That's not surprising at all.

I swear to God I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like Adele. 19 was great,but 25 was boring as f*ck. Only 3 songs were good

I can't wait when the new it girl with the " Mariah Carey meets Whitney Houston voice " finally makes her music mainstream debut next year. ( I know a psychic who told me this ) 

3 hours ago, BlueMoonX said:

I swear to God I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like Adele. 19 was great,but 25 was boring as f*ck. Only 3 songs were good

I can't wait when the new it girl with the " Mariah Carey meets Whitney Houston voice " finally makes her music mainstream debut next year. ( I know a psychic who told me this ) 

25 is a very safe album. For me personally, I enjoyed Taylor Swift's 1989 a lot more since she did something new in her career.

Adele's new album is in the same old formula, I don't think that it's her best work at all but it sells and that's what matters. 21 is still her best work IMO.

But all that doesn't change the fact that the girl sold more albums than Taylor, Beyonce and Rihanna together (talking about first week sales).

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I prefer a time when artists didn't need to reinvent themselves to stay mainstream with all the new generation. That's why Adele is actually great. Her music is classic. Girls like Rihanna, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, GaGa have to sell more of a gimmick then music. Not saying there isn't talent there. Because there definitely is. But I miss the days when it was simple. Look at Madonna for example. What in the hell does she do now. All she ever does is try and stay young and with the in crowd and it's a mess. There's always a great way of reinventing your art form. A lot of them did do it. But it was such a unique way. Everyone today is the same. That's why Adele at least stands out from the pack. There's no gimmick there. It's just her and her voice.

Completely off topic.

1 hour ago, Kevork89 said:

I prefer a time when artists didn't need to reinvent themselves to stay mainstream with all the new generation. That's why Adele is actually great. Her music is classic. Girls like Rihanna, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, GaGa have to sell more of a gimmick then music. Not saying there isn't talent there. Because there definitely is. But I miss the days when it was simple. Look at Madonna for example. What in the hell does she do now. All she ever does is try and stay young and with the in crowd and it's a mess. There's always a great way of reinventing your art form. A lot of them did do it. But it was such a unique way. Everyone today is the same. That's why Adele at least stands out from the pack. There's no gimmick there. It's just her and her voice.

Completely off topic.

Everyone has a gimmick