Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

For my personal opinion, Martha and Stella are no Angel material, but that's me. All the others are fine. 

To my opinion, Jasmine, Kate, Stella or probably Taylor too (even if I like her) but just because they've got less VS material in general because they've worked for VS for just few months.

Elsa, Martha, Sara, Lais etc. or Jojo (even if she didn't get the contract) have been working for VS for many years now, they deserve the contract.

All that "confrontation" is a big joke you know that right? Russia and US have signed new deal of financing International Space Station at least until 2024. and probably beyond that.

None of these countries are really going to have a go at each other. It's all just play for the media.

VS doesn't care. Money is money.

ISS is in SPACE :idk:

Damn, 10 Angels is a lot o.o

Kudos to all of them, especially to Sara, Lais, Martha & Elsa who have all worked the hardest for the company (Y) While obviously at least five out of these women will be dropped within 12 months, I still think they jumped the gun hard on Romee and especially Kate G, she doesn't even speak English, wtf? o.o

All that "confrontation" is a big joke you know that right? Russia and US have signed new deal of financing International Space Station at least until 2024. and probably beyond that.

None of these countries are really going to have a go at each other. It's all just play for the media.

VS doesn't care. Money is money.

ISS is in SPACE :idk:

And money and all the resources that are required for ISS to function are on Earth.

Russia still makes (non-military) rockets for US. American astronaut recently launched into space with Russian space agency.

Nobody is going to war with anybody.

(Show) business as usual between two countries.

----

Sorry for going off topic folks.

Back to bras and panties. :flower:

I don't follow VS, but many of the 'new angels' can barely speak english so you know, it could be that those of us in the US/UK/commonwealth will see certain faces more, and those in other non-english speaking places will see more foreign faces.  It does make more sense if that is what happens- like they'll get Lais to open the store in Brazil or Kate G. to do the Russian one, etc.

Thanks to the annual show, VS is known all over the world. So if they're going to push for the European market, they wouldn't start as complete unknowns in the lingerie market of France or Italy for instance. I can see a lot of women thinking that VS is finally available in their countries too, so they'd switch to VS lingerie or at least take a shot at VS lingerie. 

I'm reluctant to believe that all these girls became "Angels". Does anyone remember when Toni Garrn was hired to do a campaign + commercial and she was hashtagged #NewAngel which made a lot of people think that she became an Angel, even though she was merely hired to that one thing for VS? Same thing could be the case now. All of these girls were hired to do that umbrella-commercial, so that's why they are called Angels. 

Remember when the girls were shooting the michael bay commercial and lots of people said they would be a heal of a line up? Here you have. My question Is did they signed them all after or before?  :rofl:  Personally I'm really excited for Sara and Elsa. For me, they're the ones with the real potenciaL. Also, happy for Lais, the girl deserves the damn contract. Jac and Jasmine will do fine. Stella fotographs beautifully, she should keep being used a lot for catalog but that's It. Don't see why they gave her the contract... Romee and Taylor, pretty girls but Idk they're just so young. Martha? meh. Josephine would be amazing as an angel.

Anyways if handing out 10 contracts at once is that easy, these girls need to up their game , new girls can replace them 5 at a time as well.

That's a good point.

But what does it mean to "step up"? Neither of these girls is a bad model IMO, so it all depends on the mercy of VS.

Or to put it more bluntly who can brownose Ed and Monica the most.

Stay away from negative press.  Up their presence online and their promotional skills at press event.

It's the way they present themselves and how much gd attention they can get from the public.

The catalog pictures will def be very important to stand out from 15 girls or more.

Of course brownosing to those 2 will be a task needed to be fulfilled! Keep your bosses happy, everyone will naturally be .....

I'm reluctant to believe that all these girls became "Angels". Does anyone remember when Toni Garrn was hired to do a campaign + commercial and she was hashtagged #NewAngel which made a lot of people think that she became an Angel, even though she was merely hired to that one thing for VS? Same thing could be the case now. All of these girls were hired to do that umbrella-commercial, so that's why they are called Angels.

Directly from the VS Pressroom.

Joining already established Angels Lily Aldridge, Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, Behati Prinsloo, and Candice Swanepoel are models Kate Grigorieva (Russia), Taylor Hill (Colorado), Elsa Hosk (Sweden), Martha Hunt (North Carolina), Jac Jagaciak (Poland), Stella Maxwell (United Kingdom), Lais Ribeiro (Brazil), Sara Sampaio (Portugal), Romee Strijd (Holland) and Jasmine Tookes (California).

The expanded Angel lineup gives Victoria’s Secret the largest group of contract models in its history and the most powerful collection of established and emerging models in the world. The timing was appropriate. The brand has, over the past few years, put increasing emphasis on both its Swim and Sport lines, while substantially increasing its international distribution. Victoria’s Secret continues to dominate the multi-billion dollar lingerie market where it is, by far, the global leader.

If I were VS, I would definitely push to open in Russia. They LOVE VS there and now with Kate G on board, they could do great promo there.

Asia too.

Thanks to the annual show, VS is known all over the world. So if they're going to push for the European market, they wouldn't start as complete unknowns in the lingerie market of France or Italy for instance. I can see a lot of women thinking that VS is finally available in their countries too, so they'd switch to VS lingerie or at least take a shot at VS lingerie. 

Until they see the price and Nope! out of there.

there are enough people out there that would pay over-priced items because the brand is famous

Joining already established Angels Lily Aldridge, Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, Behati Prinsloo, and Candice Swanepoel are models Kate Grigorieva (Russia), Taylor Hill (Colorado), Elsa Hosk (Sweden), Martha Hunt (North Carolina), Jac Jagaciak (Poland), Stella Maxwell (United Kingdom), Lais Ribeiro (Brazil), Sara Sampaio (Portugal), Romee Strijd (Holland) and Jasmine Tookes (California).

The expanded Angel lineup gives Victoria’s Secret the largest group of contract models in its history and the most powerful collection of established and emerging models in the world. The timing was appropriate. The brand has, over the past few years, put increasing emphasis on both its Swim and Sport lines, while substantially increasing its international distribution. Victoria’s Secret continues to dominate the multi-billion dollar lingerie market where it is, by far, the global leader.

thx for the info. well VS - way 2 go

If I were VS, I would definitely push to open in Russia. They LOVE VS there and now with Kate G on board, they could do great promo there.

Asia too.

Until they see the price and Nope! out of there.

there are enough people out there that would pay over-priced items because the brand is famous

They need to sell a lot of items to turn profit. Unless they are affordable in the market they will fail.

VS doesn't sell luxury goods. They are an apparel company.

This is a weird yet smart move.

My guess is Adriana, Alessandra and Lily will be out of the picture by the end of the year, taking the number to 12. Say out of the new 10 girls, they drop 4, that leaves you 8 Angels who in a year will be familiar faces to everyone and since they're all pretty fucking young, means VS does not need to contract anyone else for the next three to five years.

I also think they will divide the girls into the different branches: like Elsa, Martha & Lais for the slutty stuff, Taylor, Romee and Kate G for the cutesy/simple lingerie and etc and not use everyone for everything.

This announcement kinda came out of the blue! I like the girls, maybe not so much Romee and Kate G, but I also don't follow them very much and they are good models in their own right.

Checking in on the threads of the models that didn't get in it's just madness, like VS is ruining their reputation, this models this or this models that. Dammit be happy for the girls who got in, and its not the end of the world for the girls who didn't. As for VS their just trying to sell their products :idk: