Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

@Marciotmello I get what you're saying about Lais. But let's not forget out of all the girls she's the one who's been with VS the longest. VS have never used her as a spokesmodel much that's true. But they've loved her since 2010. She's been pretty much in every commercial they've had. Featured in every holiday commercial and campaign. Walked every show minus the one she couldn't because of her foot. She's had a great career with VS. While they haven't pushed her as much as an angel I don't think she'd be complaining. She should really have been made an angel a year or two before becoming one of the 10 but doesn't matter. She's there in that position. VS love her no matter what. They've just focused more on girls like Taylor, Elsa, Martha and now are starting to push Jasmine, Romee and Josephine a lot more. They haven't really pushed Sara or Stella much either. Sara they've relied on her popularity and her connection to Taylor and Stella and Lais have kind of just coaxed by through the year.

The own fact that they are VS angels its what is pushing them the most, and Taylor, Elsa and Sara seem to be the ones gaining more popularity while the Sara received low push compared to the other two. Martha's psuh comes from Taylor Swift, Stella is  not gaining much, she just had Miley's push. Romee was pushed in the beginning and she's being middle-pushed. Jasmine is receiving a big push but it doesn't seem to be working that much. Lais's only push is being a VS Angel. Josephine just got promoted but I expect her to get the same amount or more followers of Elsa.

6 hours ago, gotportugal said:

Sara and Taylor are gaining 5k followers a day and it seems they might become more popular than Lily. In terms of gaining popularity, I think Elsa is in the second slot, with Martha, Romee and Stella in the third. Jasmine and Lais are meh for me as literally Jasmine's pictures are always the least liked in VS's insta, I don´t people relate to her that much despite the major exposure she got.Lais doesn't get promoted at all. Josephine is stil to be seen, but she is probably with Elsa.

I was interested to see how many IG followers a month they all gain. Granted, this changes all the time based on what they're doing career wise, but according to SocialBlade this is how they rank per month:

1. Candice  +286,800
  2. Adriana +265,830
  3. Taylor +236,190
  4. Alessandra  +204,870
  5. Sara +196,950
  6. Josephine +172,860
  7. Lily  +119,430
  8. Behati +104,730
  9. Elsa  +84,090
  10. Romee +65,310
  11. Martha +65,220
  12. Jasmine +46,860
  13. Stella +46,290
  14. Lais +18,540

Other things I noticed:

• Candice, Adriana, Taylor, Alessandra, Sara and Behati get the most likes per photo (most photos get around 90 - 200k likes, with Candice sometimes above 200k). Lily, Elsa, Romee, Josephine are next (most photos get 40 - 80k likes). Then it's Martha, Jasmine, Stella and Lais (most photos get 10 - 40k likes).
  • Lily and Martha's follower counts skyrocketed in May after the Bad Blood video.
  • All the girls see increases in November and December (VSFS), which isn't surprising. 

1 minute ago, ceceshores said:

I was interested to see how many IG followers a month they all gain. Granted, this changes all the time based on what they're doing career wise, but according to SocialBlade this is how they rank per month:

1. Candice  +286,800
  2. Adriana +265,830
  3. Taylor +236,190
  4. Alessandra  +204,870
  5. Sara +196,950
  6. Josephine +172,860
  7. Lily  +119,430
  8. Behati +104,730
  9. Elsa  +84,090
  10. Romee +65,310
  11. Martha +65,220
  12. Jasmine +46,860
  13. Stella +46,290
  14. Lais +18,540

Other things I noticed:

• Candice, Adriana, Taylor, Alessandra, Sara and Behati get the most likes per photo (most photos get around 90 - 200k likes, with Candice sometimes above 200k). Lily, Elsa, Romee, Josephine are next (most photos get 40 - 80k likes). Then it's Martha, Jasmine, Stella and Lais (most photos get 10 - 40k likes).
  • Lily and Martha's follower counts skyrocketed in May after the Bad Blood video.
  • All the girls see increases in November and December (VSFS), which isn't surprising. 

And in July with the commercial

Was Lais never signed on sooner because of her broken leg?

Or is it all speculation? Because she seems to really want this contract like prior to this and after Chanel left, VS needed a mostly black girl in their lineup. 

Her ankle had nothing to do with her contract. That was in 2012, three years before she actually got a contract. Even if they held off on offering a contract in 2013 because she couldn't be in the show(which I very much doubt), they had plenty of time to sign her. Speaking of those, she only got 1 picture in the swim special spam, and it was a group shot. :cain: 

9 minutes ago, Annabeth said:

Was Lais never signed on sooner because of her broken leg?

Or is it all speculation? Because she seems to really want this contract like prior to this and after Chanel left, VS needed a mostly black girl in their lineup. 

I think they were waiting to see how she'd go in the 2012 VSFS to then sign with her; I mean, she was supposed to open a segment with Rihanna and walk right after Candice in Angels in Bloom with also a performance by Rihanna; I see that it was VS testing the water before signing with her, she could have been a BOOM or a MEH, if she was a BOOM than VS would have signed her in 2013 just like they did with Karlie; 

And Chanel, I think Lais was the main reason why she left; VS chose Lais for the 2011 Holiday commercial, gave 3 outfits for Lais in the 2011 VSFS + credits; IMO they fired Chanel because they wanted Lais, but well, everything went wrong in the 2012 VSFS rehearsel :( 

btw, Lais and Chanel dont get along; they dont follow each other on IG and once Lais posted a photo of an editorial they made for Vogue Italia together and then Lais tagged every single model in the pic + the editorial crew but didn't tag Chanel.... the rumors on Lais vs Chanel are pure gold

15 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Her ankle had nothing to do with her contract. That was in 2012, three years before she actually got a contract. Even if they held off on offering a contract in 2013 because she couldn't be in the show(which I very much doubt), they had plenty of time to sign her. Speaking of those, she only got 1 picture in the swim special spam, and it was a group shot. :cain: 

Oh well, the next to go :Amelie_wft:

Wow, I'm really surprised that Jasmine's social media 

6 hours ago, ceceshores said:

1. Candice  +286,800
  2. Adriana +265,830
  3. Taylor +236,190
  4. Alessandra  +204,870
  5. Sara +196,950
  6. Josephine +172,860
  7. Lily  +119,430
  8. Behati +104,730
  9. Elsa  +84,090
  10. Romee +65,310
  11. Martha +65,220
  12. Jasmine +46,860
  13. Stella +46,290
  14. Lais +18,540

Other things I noticed:

Wow, I'm really surprised by Jasmine's being so low on the social media scores given how much VS promotes her. 

I think Lais' language barrier problems are still a factor, even though her accent is better than Adriana's; she can't express herself that well. I follow her on IG and she does make a number of mistakes when she posts in English. Also, as a non-native English speaker in the US, I can say that at least for myself that my personality is a lot more outgoing when I am talking in my native language than in English, even though I've been here for years and speak English fluently. I wouldn't be surprised if Lais is more outgoing/talkative in Portuguese.

The sad thing is that VS seems to have devolved Lais' participation with the brand. When she just started working with them, when her English needed A LOT of work, she still shot a Valentine's commercial where she talked. On the year of the Boston bombing, she was supposed to have an event at a VS store with two angels. Because of the bombing the event got cancelled and Lais never got another opportunity to do store events... Maybe VS felt more pressured to give her more participation when she was the only black model working regularly with them, but now they have US-born Jasmine, who is a Native speaker and also a lot more outspoken than Lais. Whatever happens with her at VS, I hope she will still have a good career and pay her bills.