Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

I'm salivating at that BBQ. :chicken:

I work at a Thai restaurant part time and I get a free meal every shift. Tonight was red curry with pork, bamboo shoots and zucchini, and some extra chili! :heart: And some coconut rice on the side, of course. :p

post-61717-0-1445997412-32953_thumb.jpg

I've concluded that, all things considered, the best "better burger" fast food chain on the East Coast is probably Shake Shack.   I don't remember Five Guys well enough but it could be in the same class. Shake Shack resembles Chipotle's in chain design and concept.  The burger quality is good/fresh and comes out fast.  The fries are better. The materials used are better and the end result is a $6-9 fast food burger that would normally take a seat at a full service restaurant with a long wait plus a $10-12 bill before tip.  Overall, I like this sort of emergence as it can start to threaten McD's and other crap places.

Like Chipotle's; the menu is streamlined with a focus on a few items while the extraneous secondary items are removed. 

-Steak and Shake signature kind of sucks, and resembles Wendy's.

-Bobby's Burger Palace has similar burgers to the typical restaurant 1/3 pounders but requires longer waits, and has higher price points.  It is a bit too premium to be a quick serve joint and there are few locations.

-Smashburger is good but has mediocre fries.

post-40981-0-1445997413-71239_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing that Domino's had for a few years back was their garlic bread pizza.  The crust was doused in garlic butter.  An I think their cheesey bread is better than almost any else out there.

Pizza Inn is actually the better of the chains out here, but they're hard to find.  A couple of local chains are good too.

In NYC, Papa John's goes for ultra low price.   The city has very rapid turnover so super cheap places like this and Grey's Papaya ($1 hot dogs) can survive.

How many pork ribs can you eat?  I am situated near a steakhouse that has an all-you can eat BBQ pork ribs with salad bar option on thurs.  I didn't make it past rack 1.  I only ate 10 plus a baked potato & a plate of salad.  I felt a bit uncomfortable afterwards for eating so much more than I typically do.

post-40981-0-1445997416-76719_thumb.jpg post-40981-0-1445997416-78144_thumb.jpg