Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Just now, Lilja K said:

Red carpet live on BAFTA's YT channel is ended. Yeah, no Leo😔

What do you guys think, will he appear on ceremony? I mean he got nomination...

Sadly I guess not, cause even baftas 2020 he didn’t attend I think he doesn’t like the idea of traveling to a ceremony knowing that the chance of him winning is nearly zero 

1 hour ago, LuckyGirl said:

I think he doesn’t like the idea of traveling to a ceremony knowing that the chance of him winning is nearly zero 

Maybe not the worst idea for the environmentalist he is. Especially when he was in England not so long before. I'm honestly a bit tired of the backlash he would get for attending a ceremony for nothing but trouble.

But yeah a red carpet without Leo is always a pity.

Well, like everyone here, I would have loved to have had at least one red carpet appearance by Leo this award season, but it appears it is not to be 

While at same time I'm curious as to who will show up to sit at DLU table at tonight's Critics Choice award event tonight as the film was nominated for Best Comedy, Original screenplay, score and song

I got an angle, but it will be very subjective. I say this with the highest level of respect for both parties. I think Leo is skipping out on these events because of Camila or perhaps the expectation thereof... I perceive the expectation is great, there was the 2020 Academy Awards. After all, the Oscars is the Holy Grail of cinematic expression. The comparison of Leo and Gisele's was poor because shortly thereafter their red carpet appearance, they split. I still don't believe a definitive decision has been made regarding the couple, but the inevitable looms. He's hiding for reasons of respite, was Adam there? I feel not. 

@Mirella you know the general mindset of humanity, if it's not happening here, it's not happening. Or is that exclusive to the US. #dontlookup #oraround! 😐

Regarding Critics Choice awards tonight,  trying to think OPTIMISTICALLY for us Leo fans , maybe , certain cast members /etc agreed to attend SAGS for ensemble representation , and others would attend Critics Choice = sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  maybe since McKay and Leo didn't attend SAGS , they will represent DLU tonight 

A girl has to think positive :p 

Also 3 other BAFTA nominees Will Smith ,  Mahershala Ali , and Adeel Aktar   aren't in attendance either , so only British actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Leo's pal Stephen Graham represent the Male nominees 

7 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

I got an angle, but it will be very subjective. I say this with the highest level of respect for both parties. I think Leo is skipping out on these events because of Camila or perhaps the expectation thereof... I perceive the expectation is great, there was the 2020 Academy Awards. After all, the Oscars is the Holy Grail of cinematic expression. The comparison of Leo and Gisele's was poor because shortly thereafter their red carpet appearance, they split. I still don't believe a definitive decision has been made regarding the couple, but the inevitable looms. He's hiding for reasons of respite, was Adam there? I feel not. 

@Mirella you know the general mindset of humanity, if it's not happening here, it's not happening. Or is that exclusive to the US. #dontlookup #oraround! 😐

I think we can all agree on that we like apologies. 🙃 Even if they are for covering up something else.

TYAcPoHn05PsYuiDYZ.thumb.gif.eb5a57db034877274c352eb77b66b714.gif

Even Madam president makes mistakes. ❤

7a1Nw6B0JZ66VzdC6A.thumb.gif.381d97ea315a658e428f05517b26d79e.gif

7 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Regarding Critics Choice awards tonight,  trying to think OPTIMISTICALLY for us Leo fans , maybe , certain cast members /etc agreed to attend SAGS for ensemble representation , and others attend Critics Choice = sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  maybe since McKay and Leo didn't attend SAGS , they will represent DLU tonight 

A girl has to think positive :p 

I like your style keeping the cheerfulness up. 🌞🥳

1 hour ago, Lilja K said:

Can you tell me where he should be announced please? Just to look next time

I saw a post on twitter. You can also check the award forums like awardsworthy or goldderby for some information regarding the award ceremonies.

Well, I'm not sure of an apology but something's odd here, most certainly @Mirella. What's most troubling is Adam's lack of involvement. He did write and direct the film, and the topic is promotion worthy. The Critic's Choice awards 🏆 is in a few hours, it is local, nearly every celebrity everywhere owns property in Los Angeles, CA. So, the central pair can attend. The governor of California is Democratic and so is the President of the United States 🇺🇸, so politics or political threats can't be the issue. Newsom is always riding our backs about energy 🔋 conservation.

With all the eerieness prevalent and even fully vaccinated former President Barak Obama now positive for COVID, I should hope neither Mackay nor DiCaprio have been victimised by their travels. In terms of the SAGs, I feel the change in plans was all of a sudden; Tyler seemed more nervous than usual, Meryl sorta stumbled over her lines, and Cate felt ultra supplementary. 

I have my hopes up for Critics much like Ox. 

Just watching the BAFTAs now and literally just turned the channel over because Rebel Wilson made a cheap joke about Leo dating young women. It’s insulting at this point that people feel the need to bring up his private life for a cheap joke! It’s not like he’s hurt anyone?!?

1 minute ago, AliceT said:

Just watching the BAFTAs now and literally just turned the channel over because Rebel Wilson made a cheap joke about Leo dating young women. It’s insulting at this point that people feel the need to bring up his private life for a cheap joke! It’s not like he’s hurt anyone?!?

As much as what an adult does within the confines of the law isn't the public's business, people...the average of them anyway, will decorate themselves in meddlesome-ness. Somehow I perceive the whole of the world is waiting on this man to say, "I do, don't you?". The direction of his choices bothers some folks. Leonardo is an enigma, arguably. 

1 hour ago, AliceT said:

And yet she would probably scream YES from the hills if she ever had the chance to work with him... or bang him.

6BMW.thumb.gif.831630183cbbfe3103b698f4a1ef5239.gif

1 hour ago, AliceT said:

Is Leo the  only man in Hollywood who like young girls?

I think he tries to avoid ceremonies like that!

Now, I remember how he felt so badly about Tina Fay's joke but he pretended that it was funny and nice!!

1 hour ago, YouNoMe said:

As much as what an adult does within the confines of the law isn't the public's business, people...the average of them anyway, will decorate themselves in meddlesome-ness. Somehow I perceive the whole of the world is waiting on this man to say, "I do, don't you?". The direction of his choices bothers some folks. Leonardo is an enigma, arguably. 

So the jokes are back. I didn't laugh the last time it went viral and I guess that it will get worse. Isn't this why you have PR peeps? To not get a reputation like this? Or am I giving them superhuman powers where they are without power? I can never really grasp what their job is. 

Something is for sure odd right now. ❤

1 minute ago, Mirella said:

So the jokes are back. I didn't laugh the last time it went viral and I guess that it will get worse. Isn't this why you have PR peeps? To not get a reputation like this? Or am I giving them superhuman powers where they are without power? I can never really grasp what their job is. 

You can't control everything!!

1 minute ago, Magical said:

You can't control everything!!

Oh, Hollywood admitting that they have no control when things don't go their way. Yeah, I can see that. 🙃 I am happy I didn't watch Bafta. Never liked the jokes and would have been upset if a family member of mine had that "cheap" shot directed towards him. 

18 minutes ago, Mirella said:

Something is for sure odd right now. ❤

Well, you know how it goes, people have a hard time letting others be. DiCaprio is so tight-lipped about his life and so many gotta get to the bottom ⬇️ of how he works, they go nuts! He's been bless'd to avoid true-blue scandals. And people are a variable. Take for instance anti- by-the-book persona Ricky Gervais, the night may be scripted, but he's an ad-libber. Most of these jokes are likely a reflection of the pre-owned notion of rejection. Words are known for misinterpretation. God only knows what goes on behind the scenes with these people, and then there's jealousy in all its tiers. The man has a preference, don't we all, but despite his habits, I say the whole of us miss the main point. His PR has most likely concluded counteracting those mockeries would be an implicit admission of guilt, exacerbating an overlookable circumstance.