Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

On 3/8/2022 at 6:17 AM, oxford25 said:

Post from someone who worked with Leo on DLU

2022-03-08.png

Thanks to ALL for latest Leo related news/pix, videos, etc :flower: 

I had forgotten about Hayden Panettiere, she was everywhere growing up. I had heard of Mila and Ashton, Blake and Ryan, and the Queen 👸 of England's contributions of respite. The elephant 🐘 absorbs the world 🌎 stage 🎦, Putin had been personable with DiCaprio before. I wonder if DiCaprio's aid will ultimately alter Putin's trajectory. 

I forget to thank you for the gem 🔸 above. 

Update Re Leo's donation,  according to this group that researched this claim of the $10 million donation , neither Leo's rep or the International group it was supposedly given to know anything about this donation  when they were contacted 

The article researches how the rumor began and how it snowballed picked up by other groups 

It states the Daily Mail article about the supposed donation ( which I posted a link to earlier ) has now been deleted 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/leonardo-dicaprio-donate-ukraine/

I won't renege a word I said, but I do marvel at the truth about these matters. World affairs are so...touchy. There are expectations and political grounds. The differences between opinion and religion, culture and region are most sensitive to touch. To be in the midst of it...😶.

52 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Update Re Leo's donation,  according to this group that researched this claim of the $10 million donation , neither Leo's rep or the International group it was supposedly given to know anything about this donation  when they were contacted 

The article researches how the rumor began and how it snowballed picked up by other groups 

It states the Daily Mail article about the supposed donation ( which I posted a link to earlier ) has now been deleted 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/leonardo-dicaprio-donate-ukraine/

This is getting more and more mysterious lol

Maybe Leo should say something at this point to stay out of this or just to clear things? 

More important: Why would someone claim he donated money when he didn't? Weird.

https://people.com/movies/leonardo-dicaprio-donates-to-humanitarian-groups-supporting-ukraine-exclusive/?amp=true

Leonardo DiCaprio is supporting Ukraine.

The Oscar winner, 47, donated to several humanitarian groups that are helping Ukrainians affected by Russia's attack on the neighboring European country, which began when Russian forces launched a large-scale invasion on Feb. 24 — the first major land conflict in Europe in decades.

Previous reports claiming the actor had donated $10 million for Ukrainian military use and that DiCaprio has family ties to Ukraine are not true.

"Leo had privately made several donations to humanitarian groups — CARE, IRC, UNHCR and Save the Children. All directed at Ukraine," a source close to the Don't Look Up actor tells PEOPLE. "He had been watching things unfold and wanted to support Ukraine the best he could. He will continue to support the humanitarian groups on the ground which are helping the people of Ukraine."

"He stands with Ukraine and will continue to support," the source adds.

Kayyy

Tks for follow up to Snopes article :) 

As the Snopes article  did seem to have done  their homework as to source of original claim , as well as, to reaching out to parties involved 

As I discussed with Barbie , typically when Leo announces any partnership or donation to any cause the US wire services AP & Reuters always have articles about said partnership or donation  

So it was very very odd to me that no such articles have been forthcoming

Plus we know Leo’s group often use celeb site Just Jared to get news out , yet , oddly just yesterday they ran article as to who bought Leo’s Los Feliz house , but not a $10 million donation ??

Very odd for sure !

Glad to see that they have made an official statement on matter

And as long time fans of Leo know it doesn’t take long before a Twitter comment starts sailing around the world of gossip :p 

Would have loved to see Leos face when she said him that lmao

STNG4.jpg

Amanda Seyfried Once ‘Insulted’ Leonardo DiCaprio by Asking Him to Play Her Dad in a Movie

Leonardo DiCaprio has played a variety of roles in his long and storied career. There seemed to be no limits to the types of characters he’d be willing to portray. But according to Amanda Seyfried, DiCaprio revealed he had his limits when the Mean Girls star wanted him to play her father. Not only did he reject the offer, but he was offended by the very idea.

Leonardo DiCaprio was Amanda Seyfried’s role model

It’s not hard to see why many actors, both aspiring and established, would look up to Leonardo DiCaprio. The Oscar-winner has maintained his career by headlining several blockbuster films. In addition to that, he’s played a roster of unforgettable characters that displayed his acting range. Amanda Seyfried is one such actor who admired DiCaprio for his cinematic contributions, although her interest in acting originally started with theater.

(...)

But if it wasn’t for Leonardo DiCaprio and Romeo + Juliet, Seyfried might not have found herself in the position she’s in now.

“I love to watch movies. Love stories always inspire me. My role models were Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio (in Romeo + Juliet). When they fell in love, that’s when I fell in love with movies and when I realized I wanted to be Juliet. I think every young girl dreams of being Juliet. Thank God for that movie or honestly, I wouldn’t be here,” Seyfried said.

Amanda Seyfried insulted Leonardo DiCaprio when she asked him to play her dad

Leonardo DiCaprio and Amanda Seyfried worked on the 2011 film Red Riding Hood. The film was a modern, darker retelling of the famous folklore, with DiCaprio serving as producer. Seyfried revealed in an interview with Access that she had a strong reaction when her role model would stop by while they were filming.

“When [Leo] came to visit there was a weird tension on set,” Seyfried said. “Everybody was whispering, ‘He’s here! He’s here!’ You know, he’s like a godfather. He’s like [Robert] De Niro to the younger generation of actors.”

She also shared that DiCaprio was very hands-on with the film when choosing who would star in the movie.

“He was a big part of the casting process, which is good because his input is always wanted,” she continued. “He’s been working for a long time and he makes great choices.”

However, at one point Seyfried wanted to recruit DiCaprio himself for the film. The Mean Girls actor even had a role in mind for him as her father. But it was a suggestion DiCaprio didn’t take too kindly.

“I asked him if he would play my dad but he got insulted! He said, ‘I don’t do male leads in love stories anymore,'” she told The Mirror. “And I said, ‘I wasn’t talking about the male leads, I was talking about my dad. You’re what, 35? Age yourself up a bit!”

Has Leonardo DiCaprio ever played a Dad?

Despite refusing to play a father in Red Riding Hood, the actor has played a father before, but on rare occasions. As some know, he recently played a father in the Oscar-nominated flick Don’t Look Up. Inception and Revolutionary Road were also two films where DiCaprio technically took on Dad roles.

Source

Leonardo DiCaprio, Dua Lipa and All the Stars Moving to Apple TV+

Apple TV+ is pulling out the big guns to try and get ahead in the streaming wars with some huge star power at its disposal.

During Tuesday's Apple event, it showcased several new tech products, as well as some exciting new projects coming exclusively to the Apple TV+ platform.

The likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese, Henry Cavill, Dakota Johnson, Dua Lipa, Ryan Reynolds and so many more famous faces have new original projects launching with Apple.

Killers of the Flower Moon

The Apple Original Films slate includes Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio's next movie, Killers of the Flower Moon. The movie has been in development for half a decade and was purchased by Apple TV+ and Paramount Pictures.

Killers of the Flower Moon is based on the non-fiction book of the same name which retells the story of the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation in Oklahoma.

DiCaprio stars in a lead role while the rest of the cast features Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemons, Lily Gladstone, Sturgill Simpson, Brendan Fraser and John Lithgow.

The movie is described as "coming soon" by Apple with no firm release date announced.

Source

Charitable branches 🎋 and Apple Incorporated. 

Apple Inc. has long united with charitable organisations and endeavours, centring equitable feats as the company's backchannel focuses. https://nr.apple.com/dE5z2U4o0g. DiCaprio publicised his magnanimous association with the brand back in 2020 amid the COVID pandemic peek, who's directs centred food distribution. It's no wonder to many of the actor's supporters that DiCaprio would correlate himself fully to the prominent corporation expanding to his livelihood. Quieted speculation has indicated that the actor retains interests in furthering his humanitarian pursuits comprehensively and long-term. 

10 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

Charitable branches 🎋 and Apple Incorporated. 

Apple Inc. has long united with charitable organisations and endeavours, centring equitable feats as the company's backchannel focuses. https://nr.apple.com/dE5z2U4o0g. DiCaprio publicised his magnanimous association with the brand back in 2020 amid the COVID pandemic peek, who's directs centred food distribution. It's no wonder too many of the actor's supporters that DiCaprio would correlate himself fully to the prominent corporation expanding to his livelihood. Quieted speculation has indicated that the actor retains interests in furthering his humanitarian pursuits comprehensively and long-term. 

I have never heard of Apple's giving program. That they match their employee's hours.

"For every hour an employee volunteers or dollar they donate, Apple matches that with a monetary donation to the same organization".

https://nr.apple.com/dE5z2U4o0g.

I would so watch this movie 😍

Movies I want to see: The life of Rose Dawson

How she builds a life on her own after Titanic, deals with the trauma, decides to make her own fate, travels the world, survived two World Wars, falls in love again. I want to see how she lived, how she grew, what she did hold onto and what she did let go. I wanna see her take over her own fate.

1166509650_aestheticroseafterjack09.gif.5ed0da81f43e8d1ba842b5b2ea7b5274.gif617349064_aestheticrose07.jpg.1519be389c5bed440e5ff497ca3236a7.jpg493638193_aestheticjackandrose23.png.ed9c6f8074dd81c165fce3ae79a69e02.png

2145611338_aestheticroseafterjack02.jpg.d0fb5365c823b5140040d878b50030d8.jpg1009357_aestheticroseafterjack01.jpg.cd83c351ca4ef39c32fa9d8c5003a53d.jpg21991552_aestheticroseafterjack03.jpg.5e43f349c7525af3c00f9c7ce57fd94e.jpg

1624444073_aestheticroseafterjack06.gif.8b2ead6a6b042802401eb4102f669edb.gif1446225216_aestheticroseafterjack07.gif.f68330ecf722130d9c00960dc61fb995.gif1851900551_aestheticrose01.jpg.d720683ff8965e6c420e824135c64407.jpg

735202090_aestheticroseafterjack12.jpg.e6c84b7dc12ea4db8c945a4738cf445c.jpg375513955_aestheticroseafterjack04.jpg.7bb6478b1872fa1ddaf4f9c72e0c4b38.jpg1123707194_aestheticroseafterjack08.gif.378ad1bc797b9c4bafe1cda23fd4f482.gif

On 3/7/2022 at 3:07 AM, High Priestess said:

Do you like tarot/astrology stuff? 

In short: Leo will marry someone who we wouldn't expect. 💕

The Leonardo and Camila love story is controversial simply because of how the public digests the matter. I'm not so fond of the tarot, but I do take up a strong interest in astrology , I just haven't mastered how to apply it. My supposition is the pair are still together and proof of that will surface soon. I also deduce there will be a formal 👔 appearance between the two because there hasn't been in some time. Through my assessments, I've noticed the meticulous nature of Leonardo's decision-making, I would affirm that he is heavily invested in his goals as a public figure and he will do little to absolutely nothing to jeopardise his accomplishments. However, I don't foresee this union "standing the tests of time", and presumably anticipate a breakdown just not when most expect it. It's never safe to apply time-frames, but I figure they'll still be together when she hits 25. He's made some questionable choices but overall he is considerate. The reason for the break-up may centre around work-related issues or travelling in different directions, wanting different things, you know.

Leo's SAG awards absence, I feel in part, was correlated with McKay's absence. DiCaprio may plus two Morrone to the BAFTA's. The occasional dinner dates are wrote and the pressure is intensified both within and without for more to be done after a four-year plus ride. It does appear change is on the horizon for the actor and I suspect he is quite busy behind the scenes of his own personal life. I've always promoted his family-valued attractions. But all is speculated and DiCaprio, himself, disclosed his loathing of predictability.  

@Mirella Apple Inc. is very charitable and I've discovered Leonardo will not associate with hollowed entities.