Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Revolutionary Road has got to be one of my most adored depictions of the female struggle. Women in the kitchen and the bedroom too! No aspiration to aspire. As I learned through the reels, vulnerability of devout followership and corrosion of unsculpted leadership, what make plain the dissatisfaction of women typed cast? "But", I cerebrated "to the result of anti-heroism is a road to revolution itself". Happy International Women's 😊 Day!

1 hour ago, High Priestess said:

Have any one of you seen this deep fake account with Leo on TikTok? 😹

Unfortunately, there is no subtitles. But I can translate it for you. 

Yeah. He is a Russian guy. He used that app ( deepfake) app but he's not professional like the other guy of Tom cruise. Lol

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZ2Pum5N2Ol/?utm_medium=copy_link

There are so long periods between talking about making a movie, making it, and then showing it that I forgot that Mr. Scorsese is incoming soon. 

I have always liked how Leo talks about him. You can tell they have a deep bond and understand each other. Shutter Island is a masterpiece with all the hidden clues that I don't see. The glass is there and then it is not. 

The deep and introspective talk will be back this year after the latest comedy. 🙃

9 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

Revolutionary Road has got to be one of my most adored depictions of the female struggle. Women in the kitchen and the bedroom too! No aspiration to aspire. As I learned through the reels, vulnerability of devout followership and corrosion of unsculpted leadership, what make plain the dissatisfaction of women typed cast? "But", I cerebrated "to the result of anti-heroism is a road to revolution itself". Happy International Women's 😊 Day!

I don't like that I do like this movie. If that makes sense? I think because we see this kind of dynamic so often in real life that it becomes an "oh no not you two again" feeling for me. Two normal people with as Leo puts it selfish agendas that become narcissistic and toxic put together. If they split they would probably find happiness but no one even gets to that point. 

The fear of losing the house or money or status becomes more important than happiness. If we talk about today when it is more normal to split than it was in the 1950.

I have learned that people live their life as how they want it to be and not how it is. They rarely look at the other person and say: you and I are really bad for each other and we would probably be better humans far away from where the other is. They usually want to save everything by getting married or having a kid and the bad situation keeps going. 

I was surprised by the ending of this movie. I can't imagine how it must have felt back then to do that yourself. The agony and fear while trying to convince yourself that it is for the best. The outcome was probably more the case than successful was. For all the ladies that has gone through it. ❤

My interpretation of Frank and April differs from the standard. Without reading the book 📖, I'd be lively to confess, I seldom do that, I preluded and concluded a summary of Frank and April. 

On the outskirts of tradition and within the deception of youth, twain they were. They vowed to defy the deficiencies of their backgrounds and the deformities of their surroundings, partners in this revolution they were, spouses of that revolt they'd be. But partnership is mutual trust, monopolised through rigorous balance. Being deceived by the simplicity of acquiring this balance; unevenly distributed in participation, the partnership eroded, or so I inferred.

But even that speculation is speculatively speculated, giving little clarity to explanation.

Emancipation was themed, a freedom from mindless motion (April) and fruitless fortitude (Frank). What became too resonant were the cords accompanied about April's wrists and ankles, the cords of femininity. That expectation of womanhood and the definition of it may have tipped any April over into avarice. Roles can be insufferably smothering, definitively destructive. And in that right, Frank must have been bonded too. I wonder at what point did bondage become becoming? Or does it ever?  

Still wish Leos character was the center of the movie -because damn that would have been a hell of a crazy unhealthy ride- on the other hand he would be probably more slammed for working with Woody Allen nowadays lol

Leonardo DiCaprio's Titanic Follow-up Perfectly Mocked His Own Image

Leonardo DiCaprio plays a very exaggerated version of an out of control young actor in Woody Allen's black and white 1998 comedy Celebrity.

DicAprio-Titanic-Celebrity.jpg?q=50&fit=

After the unrivaled success of James Cameron’s romantic epic Titanic in 1997, leading man Leonardo DiCaprio followed up the blockbuster with a clever supporting role in a Woody Allen movie to mock his massive fame. DiCaprio had been a rising star, emerging from indie teen actor in dramas like What’s Eating Gilbert Grape to heartthrob in Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet. But it was his swoon-worthy role as Jack Dawson that kickstarted what the press nicknamed “Leo-Mania.” DiCaprio was everywhere, with fans, critics, and journalists keeping a constant eye on the star. This made his Titanic follow-up an even more surprising choice.

Grappling with such intense fame and fandom, perhaps akin to someone like Timothee Chalamet today, the actor chose to follow up his iconic Titanic role in the most polar opposite of ways; a small but showy performance in a black and white Woody Allen comedy aptly called Celebrity. Co-starring Kenneth Branagh, Wynona Ryder, Hank Azaria, Charlize Theron, and Sam Rockwell, the 1998 film pokes fun at a desperate screenplay writer and his relationship with different fictional actors and actresses. Branagh, who stars as the film’s hapless writer protagonist, attempts to get DiCaprio’s character to agree to be in his movie. Though DiCaprio appears for only 10 minutes of screentime, critics and fans of this movie seem to agree he stole the show.

DiCaprio, known for his multiple movie deaths, plays Brandon Darrow, a spoiled and emotional young actor who beats up his girlfriend, trashes hotel rooms, travels with an entourage, does copious amounts of drugs, and lives in pure over-the-top excess. The Oscar-winner and environmental activist has said he has refrained from drugs and alcohol and has managed to stay scandal-free when it comes to his personal life – even amid his younger days. Despite that true image, it didn’t stop others from putting him into the same category as other out-of-control male idols. In Celebrity, DiCaprio gets to not only show off his acting chops but even address people’s pigeonholing of him through this performance. The role of Brandon Darrow allowed him to let off some steam while showing how self-aware he was at the time and that people’s expectations of him simply weren’t true.

While the Alexandre Dumas adaptation The Man in The Iron Mask was technically his first post-Titanic release, DiCaprio had actually completed his dual roles before Titanic came out, making Celebrity his first true post-Jack Dawson appearance. Audiences tend to remember that film but completely missed out on Celebrity, which was both a critical and commercial disappointment, grossing nearly half of its 12-million-dollar budget. With some critics like Roger Ebert believing it was a retread of Allen’s previous work – the film, for the most part, faded into obscurity. As far as creative and self-expressive choices go, it stands as evidence that DiCaprio was not going to coast on fame or good looks and was instead committed to constantly challenging himself.

DiCaprio has shifted significantly from the slender, young heartthrob of the late-1990s, appearing in gritty crime dramas like The Departed and the highly-anticipated Killers of the Flower Moon adaptation. He has proved time and time again that he is one of his generation’s most versatile actors and consistent box office draws. Though he has not done anything remotely as intimate or small as Celebrity, he has still continued to poke fun at his own image in comedy sketches and roles. It’s tough to imagine Leonardo DiCaprio taking on a small role in a Woody Allen comedy today, but at the time, despite the lukewarm reception, something small and fun was the perfect choice to follow something as significant as Titanic.

Source

tumblr_m3vdibyV3r1qea3ymo1_250.gifv tumblr_m3vdibyV3r1qea3ymo3_250.gifv

tumblr_m3vdibyV3r1qea3ymo2_250.gifv tumblr_m3vdibyV3r1qea3ymo4_250.gifv

tumblr_m3vdibyV3r1qea3ymo5_250.gifv tumblr_m3vdibyV3r1qea3ymo6_250.gifv

Leonardo DiCaprio as Brandon Darrow in Celebrity (1998)

Source

Don't know if this BD interview with CNN was ever posted but Leo looks so damn fine I went straight to heaven while watching it :baronfaint:

1998173852_Screenshot2022-03-09at12-26-59leonardodicaprioHashtagaufInstagramFotosundVideos.thumb.png.f6503c110786746acf12fc58e64640fe.png 1982201870_Screenshot2022-03-09at12-32-01leonardodicaprioHashtagaufInstagramFotosundVideos.thumb.png.3a28e920fc92e9710a9273c88c434539.png

Source

Back in 2006, Leo sat down with Documentary Filmmaker Sorious Samura to talk all about Blood Diamond & what it was like filming the movie which was based on the war in Sierra Leone and their conflicting diamond trade.

Sorious Samura who had directed two documentaries on the war in Saralaon himself was a consultant on the movie & became an inspiration as well as a friend to all cast & crew involved with the movie.

Daily MAIL  finally has article about Leo's Urkraine donation . 

It was odd they didn't run story over the weekend when news first broke

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10593687/Leonardo-DiCaprio-donates-10MILLION-fund-Ukraine-grandmothers-homeland.html

Thanks to ALL for latest Leo related news/interviews/pix :flower: 

24 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Daily MAIL  finally has article about Leo's Urkraine donation . 

It was odd they didn't run story over the weekend when news first broke

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10593687/Leonardo-DiCaprio-donates-10MILLION-fund-Ukraine-grandmothers-homeland.html

Thanks to ALL for latest Leo related news/interviews/pix :flower: 

He is a kind and generous man. ❤