Bellazon

NBA

goose

Supposedly Ron Artest is gonna be a Laker now, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. :unsure: Personally, I don't like the guy, but I always told myself "It's not about the player, it's about the uniform". Add to the fact that Phil Jackson will most likely stick around, and has been to handle both egomaniac and eccentric players, it's looks good on PAPER!!! First, I was wondering if I should be scared of the Cavs. So, should I be happy Artest is gonna be a LAKER?!
Artest to Lakers, Ariza to Houston. I don't know, I kinda felt like they might have been better off keeping Ariza. They at least know that works. With Ron, there's a bit more intangibles at play.

I know that RonRon is a bit of a nutcase, but he is definitely not as bad as he was, and playing along with his childhood friend Lamar Odom, and Kobe (even though they had a little conflict in this year, they too have known each other before NBA), he will accept his role, and become a team player. While Ariza was a great defender, Artest is a serious upgrade. Now they have the ultimate LeBron Stopper in the likely finals series. This can definitely be the greatest NBA finals ever.

On the other hand, I wish all the best to Ariza in his future career. With his skills, and will to improve his game, I hope he becomes an AllStar in this league.

The Lakers were originally a Minnesotan franchise, the Minneapolis Lakers. The Lakers refers to the lakes that state is known for. Once they moved to LA, that name made little sense.

Of course, the most stupid NBA name was created when the New Orleans Jazz moved to SLC. :rofl:

Yeah, and the best fit ever was San Diego Rockets moving to Huston. :thumbsup:

And apparently the Raptors might get Turkoglu.

What's going on these days...

Yeah, and they offered him $60,000,000. Previously Portland had offered him $53 mil. I know Orlando holds his bird rights, and they were willing to go over the salary cap, just to keep him, but I didn't expect such a big offer. As of now, it looks like the only other team that might make a move for him is Portland.

Uh-oh. Appearentely, Sheed has agreed with Celtics (I was hoping he'll join Spurs), and Grant Hill is likely to join them as well. Celtics v Lakers, take two? Honestly I don't know which final series would be more interesting, but I just can't wait for the next season. :woot: I'm also really glad, that Grant Hill has joined a better team. He is one of the smartest players, and the nicest guys to ever play the game. He is yet a second round virgin though. Hopefully it'll change after this season. :)

Wait, what the hell is going on. :shock: Now it's the turn of the Spurs, and they're going to sign Antonio McDyess. Awesome addition. :o After trading for Richard Jefferson, and signing Marcus Haislip, I think Spurs GM is guaranteed to get the "GM Of The Year" award. Honestly I'm losing track on which team is better than the other. The following season is going to be amazing.

Plus AI to Miami rumors are heating up. I don't want this deal to go through though. They'll hurt each others scoring numbers. I still wish AI would go back to Philly, or at least to another team like Mavs, Hawks, Jazz, or even Bobcats, where he will be a much better fit. :/

BTW, I always claimed that LeBron has a much much bigger ego than Kobe (and any other player), in this offseason he is trying his best to prove me right. :|

whatd he do?

Earlier he wore a shirt that said "MVP", than one that said "Check My $tats", than made some comments, which made quite sure he'll be leaving to NY (I didn't see the last one, just saw it mentioned earlier), and well, while all of them are a little cocky, they're all acceptable.

But yesterday he got dunked on by a highschool kid named Jordan Crawford in a pick up game, and afterwards made sure all recordings of it are confiscated. That was really low of him. :beating: All the great names have been embarresed at certain points in their career. He should have acted like a bigger guy. <_<

Wait ... so is Ariza leaving Lakers? Oh God

and did i hear right .. Shaq may join Lebron. Oh God. This is gonna be an interesting upcoming season. And it's gonna coincide with the World Cup .... looks like I won't be getting any rest. :cain:

Wait ... so is Ariza leaving Lakers? Oh God

and did i hear right .. Shaq may join Lebron. Oh God. This is gonna be an interesting upcoming season. And it's gonna coincide with the World Cup .... looks like I won't be getting any rest. :cain:

Both deals are done already. Ariza is a Rocket, and Shaq is a Cav now.

I just searched it. Jordan Crawford plays for Xavier, but still, its a little ridiculous. Lebron lives in the era of hip hop being pop and bragging about what you have and especially Kanye West. :|

He can't help it. :nicole:

Well, Kobe got dunked on by OJ Mayo before OJ entered the league as well. He didn't even care. Instead he talked with respect about the younger talent, and in response, Mayo (who now is called the new Kobe) respects Kobe a lot. Kobe had the right to ask the Nike menagement to collect all the recordings as well.

Appearentely though, a guy whose tape got taken away, said that this dunk was a really bad one. LOL. :laugh:

Well Bron, this you deserved today.

lebrondunkedonbyjordanc.jpg

I just searched it. Jordan Crawford plays for Xavier, but still, its a little ridiculous. Lebron lives in the era of hip hop being pop and bragging about what you have and especially Kanye West. :|

Lets be honest here, if Kobe had pulled something like this, he'd be vilified yet again.

Lets be honest here, if Kobe had pulled something like this, he'd be vilified yet again.

I think people hold Kobe to a higher standard then LeBron. Kobe is older, MUCH MORE accomplished, in his early 30's, and is seen as a leader. LeBron on the hand, is seen as a condescending, immature little punk(despite the fact he is 6'7 1/2). The fact that he skipped the press conference after the Cavs only added to that perception of him, and this dunk controversy is gonna add more fuel to the fire. FUCK HIM ANYWAY!!! :whistle:

Moving on, this offseason keeps on getting better and BETTER!!! :D Boston is trying to make sure they will be back in the mix in the East, Shaq joined Cleveland to get one up on Kobe <_<, and everbody is GUNNING FOR THE LAKERS!!! :war: :yes: That begs the question, 'Who is the biggest threat to the Lakers in the West?' Personally, I think SA is too old. Duncan is at the end of his rope, which means they will be in semi-rebuilding process sooner than you think. Portland is just too young. Dallas is creeping on the come up, and Cuban is a brilliant GM, but for some reason, they always fall short of their expectations. Houston is the biggest question mark of them all. I think Tracy McGrady is shot. And who knows if Yao Ming will be back at 100%? They got Ariza, but I don't know if I was overestimating him. I never really paid attention to him until the playoffs, when his steal abilities and 3-point shooting were elevated because the games were so important at the time. Even the Lakers knew they had to make some moves in order to repeat, so they got Artest and re-signed Shannon Brown.

Stay tuned for: Amare Stoudemire to Golden State, Kirk Hinrich to Portland, and Ben Gordon to Detroit.

There are rumors for a 3way deal between Blazers, Bulls & Jazz, that will land Tyrus Thoms in Utah, Carlos Boozer in Chicago, and Kirk Hinrich in Portland. Not sure what Portland is giving up though, but this one helps them a lot.

Kobe in da house:

aww snap. . . :rofl:

finally, Bulls can get that low post presence. They've had too many guards for years. I don't think they should let Ben go though :/

I really doubt Ben Gordon will re-up with the Bulls. Last year he was a restricted free agent, and the Bulls didn't make him any offer, and he didn't sign with other teams, only to become an unrestricted free agent this year. They had an amazing season, but I doubt it'll be enough to convince Ben to stay. :/

----

BTW, Grant Hill signed a new deal with the Suns. I'm kinda sad for this. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Bye Andre :cry: We will miss your sneakiness. Another reason to like Portland though :D
The more I look the more.....movement i notice.

:sleep: And now, back to basketball. :D Nike, despite confiscating some tapes, didn't get all the evidence. I saw footage of Jordan Crawford dunking on Lebron on ESPN, and now its all over youtube.

AH-HA!!! :rofl: