Bellazon

NBA

goose

Lakers wont continue to shoot like they did in game 1. 2 of 16 from 3? theyll improve. but Houston matches up well. this will be a tough series.

You could "feel it in the air" at the game. They just weren't sparked. Kobe really was sick and still had a decent game. He was applying icepacks to his forehead whenever he had a chance and his shoulder. My guess is that he had a fever, too, like with the flu. He will have a GOOD/GREAT game next time and watch out! Gasol acted, for the most part, like it was his first game.....stupid, stupid mistakes. The bench didn't deserve to play as much as they did. Houston played a very good game and still didn't win by much. Next game, we will not, NOT, take some of the pitiful shots we forced and will be looking up the phrase, "unanswered points" and hashing that out. Of all of Kobe's shots, the last shot of the 1st half was honestly beautiful and had the fans really stoked.........really stoked! Everyone knew we would come out in the second half and by the end of the 3rd, we'd be running away. We knew it!! Didn't happen but it will next time. This series will be the one that breaks their dreadful record of 6-8 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) when they lose the 1st game in final games!!!! Yessir!!!

I remember hearing a surprising number when Kobe takes more than 20 shots or something. I think they have like a .500 record.

None of the other Lakers were doing much, so Kobe tried to take over the game. They had a bad game, and they will do better next game. And hey, Lakers lost the 1st game at home in the 2001 finals, REMEMBER, MATT? ;) The Lakers picked themselves up, and took care of business. Maybe Houston was better than we thought, but I predicted the Lakers will win in 5, and I'm stickin' to it until its numerically impossible. GO PURPLE AND GOLD!!!

You make me not like the Lakers :|

Well, that was the point. ;) You wanna hate something else about L.A., check out my TRUE BLUE DODGERS. :D They have won 12 straight games at home. Tied a MLB RECORD!!! :blueeyedbaby: And if they win tonight, the record belongs ALL TO THEM!!! :yes:

Look at the bright side, Matt. You will like the Lakers again. After all, you can't harbor much hate on the Laker's biggest star and your hometown boy, right?

I remember hearing a surprising number when Kobe takes more than 20 shots or something. I think they have like a .500 record.

I call BS. :ninja:

Career wise Kobe has won 264 out of 445 regular season games when he has attempted 20+FGs, while in playoffs he is 53 from 88. This means he combines for 317 from 533. (.600) :persuazn:

I like visiting some NBA forums from time to time, and people really hate the guy a lot. :blink: I've witnessed people coming up with fake stats so many times. :idk:

This year in regular season they were 33/47, for .700 record.

.500 number is correct only for this years playoffs, as they currently are 2 out of 4, but it's only a matter of hours before they'll be back at the .600 mark. ;)

-------------------------------

Looks like Andre Miller is definitely going to leave. I think it's a huge miss, but Miller and Brand weren't nice fits for each other, so maybe next season you guys will build a team around Brand, and come back even stronger. :)

-------------------------------

Btw, NBA has always been "amazing" at making commercials, but this year they have an uber-amazing one.

I have it on my desktop, and listen to it everytime I get bored. The song just fits perfectly with the nature of playoffs, and their "Where amazing happens" motto. Plus the scenes in the video are perfectly chosen as well. Literally amazing.

Oh, and Matt and k_dub YOU BETTER GET ALONG!!! We shall all be united for celebrating Lakers' championship in June. :yes:

What a game! It had everything you could hope for in a game! :thumbsup: :ddr: :clap: FYI: If it matters and you didn't see it, Artest hit Kobe b4 Kobe did his thing! I think he mostly got ejected because of his totally threatening language. It was not good.......loud and crude and totally uncalled for, especially with all the kids there. The haters will only see what Kobe did which actually was minor just 'cuz they have to hate. But, Artest made a very, very blatant "slash neck" motion that was not cool.

Kobe had the determination that we all love in Kobe, even if you are a hater. His game was so sweet!

And, I, personally say, :thumbsup: to Fish! The last person you would expect of that but hey! he got a cut on his head for his effort! :whistle: ;)

We will see another outburst from Artest, guaranteed! :ddr:

Rockets fans will be pissed when we get there but hopefully, we are still very pissed/aggressive as well. :whistle:

What a game! It had everything you could hope for in a game! :thumbsup: :ddr: :clap: FYI: If it matters and you didn't see it, Artest hit Kobe b4 Kobe did his thing! I think he mostly got ejected because of his totally threatening language. It was not good.......loud and crude and totally uncalled for, especially with all the kids there. The haters will only see what Kobe did which actually was minor just 'cuz they have to hate. But, Artest made a very, very blatant "slash neck" motion that was not cool.

Kobe had the determination that we all love in Kobe, even if you are a hater. His game was so sweet!

And, I, personally say, :thumbsup: to Fish! The last person you would expect of that but hey! he got a cut on his head for his effort! :whistle: ;)

We will see another outburst from Artest, guaranteed! :ddr:

Rockets fans will be pissed when we get there but hopefully, we are still very pissed/aggressive as well. :whistle:

^ What she said. Unfortunately, sweetandlow, D Fish also got a 1 game suspension for his effort as well. :/ Not like that fucker Scola didn't deserve to get leveled. Trash-talking is cool, but getting all up in Odom's face and grabbing his jersey, somebody had to show him how the people who rep this town GET DOWN!!! :yes:

As for Artest, does it even need to be explained?! That high-rise East Coast project thug is infamous for his bad attitude, arrogance, and thugness. <_< Kobe got a flagrant today for his effort, but will play tomorrow in Houston. Should Artest blow up again, he will be the next player to be suspended. After last night, the officials are gonna try to not let this get outta hand. Everybody on the court and bench best be on their BEST BEHAVIOR!!!

Until next time, GO PURPLE AND GOLD!!!

i used to love Kobe, but as ive gotten to know more about him the cockier he gets. Hes kinda like Kanye West. You love him, but you hate him.

He is nowhere near as cocky and and arrogant as KANYE WEST!!! Sure, Kobe has attitude and bravado. However, I doubt he becomes a whiny bitch when he doesn't win a award. I'm sure he had no problems with LeBron getting the MVP this year. Also, he acknowledges that Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all-time. Kanye thinks he is one of the greatest rappers of all-time. Greatest rapper of ALL-TIME?! :blink: KANYE?! :no: There are 3 main reasons why Kanye is not even on that list: 1. Greatest rapper of all-time is 2PAC!!! :yes: 2. You gotta have a track record to even be mentioned on that list. 3 albums don't cut it. and 3. Last album, wasn't EVEN A RAP RECORD!!! He was trying to sing, and using a vocoder. 808 and Heartbreak? More 808 and NO HIGH NOTES!!! :yuckky: :x

Artest got ejected mostly because they didnt want to see him get angrier, he has quite a history :nicole:

Um, :huh: OK!!! :doofywave: Thanks for reiterating MY POINT!!! :whistle: :cain:

:rofl:

Just felt like seeing what you had in the big font :laugh: . You never fail to disapoint :rofl: :) .

Oops that should read "you never disapoint" :laugh: :ninja: . ~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

Thanks. :hug: And that Lakers didn't disappoint me. Did ya see the game? I LOVED IT!!! :heart: No Fisher, NO PROBLEM!!! :D Ok, maybe that was a little extreme, but we were able to pull out a hard fought, tough victory, with Farmer filling in pretty nicely. :yes: And Kobe, what can I say? The guy is like the Kanye West song: SO AMAZING!!! :shock: They contested just about every shot and they still could not stop him. Now that the Lakers got game 3, we are good. However, they can't let up. Gotta keep that intensity up. My 5 game prediction is still possible, and now that Yao Ming is injured and questionable for game 4, hey, hey, HEY!!! :ddr: Artest might miss game 4 as well, but not because of injury. WTF was up with that HARD FOUL on Gasol? I was near the end of the game, and no major confrontations during the 2 teams during the game. FUCKIN' THUG!!! :blueeyedbaby: :anger: :mad: :pinch: :angry: A flagrant 2 means you miss a game, right?

Joe, was it good for you? You are so objective here. Do you have a team to root for, or are one of those FAIRWEATHER FANS?

:rofl:

Just felt like seeing what you had in the big font :laugh: . You never fail to disapoint :rofl: :) .

Oops that should read "you never disapoint" :laugh: :ninja: . ~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

Thanks. :hug: And that Lakers didn't disappoint me. Did ya see the game? I LOVED IT!!! :heart: .......Joe was it good for you?

Yep :hell yea!: !

Joe was it good for you? You are so objective here. Do you have a team to root for, or are one of those FAIRWEATHER FANS?

:rofl: :ninja:

Well...yeah....ummm....the Spurs :ninja: .

Shaq starting Mixed Martial Arts with his personal trainer :rofl: :shock: ...

I missed the Lakers/Rockets game yesterday. Yao out for the season?! and they still won. i dont see them winning the series though, i mean, now theyre missing their best 2 players.

I was able to catch the end of the Magic/Celtics game. hopefully the Cs can pull out this series. I dont like the way orlando plays. or their ridiculous coach. :cain:

These series get more and more interesting. Rockets, even without no Yao CRUSHED US. :( And tonight WE CRUSHED THEM!!! :D But wait, it gets better. :yes: We best them by 40 POINTS!!! :rofl: :o :| Hopefully the Lakers can keep this high and finish the Rockets off Thursday.

Maybe I was wrong about the Celtics. I didn't think they were gonna make it out the 2nd round. They still might not, but they got the upper hand tonight. They gotta go back to Orlando, but at the very least they guaranteed at game 7 on their home court. Plus, History is on their side. When up 3-2 in a series, the Celtics are 32-0!!! :wacko: First time for everything, though. Don't really care who wins, but a good series is a good series.

The NBA admitted that the referees made a serious error in game 3 when that foul at the end of the game was not called. But, hey, you can't turn back the clock after the game is said and done, right. Series could have been 2-2, instead it is 3-1. That's pretty amazing in itself. Dallas get to fight another day by winning game 4. Denver is gonna probably kill them and advance to the Western Conference Finals and see how the Rockets-Lakers series plays out.

Till next time, GO PURPLE AND GOLD!!!

P.S. I didn't even notice, Joe. Either way, I knew what you meant, so the hug emotion was not sarcastic.

• 2 weeks later...