Bellazon

NBA

goose

Gettin' ready to watch from the couch. GO LAKERS!

I can tell you from the other night at Staples (and I HATE when people say this!) that there were tons, absolutely TONS of bad calls. At the end, when Denver came into the circle during the jump ball instead of waiting til after, you had to be BLIND not to see that! We would have won if that call had been right. Also, Kobe got called on some fouls that weren't legit! I pray that the refs watch the film before we get going tonite.

If I see much of Vujavic again, I'm gonna' scream and tear my hair out. :angry: Sometimes, I really question Phil's wisdom and the whole zen thing. :gocho: I'm totally in agreement with the theory of zen and yoga and all that but DAY-UM, he waits tooooo damn long :beating: to put in replacements, hoping the guys will "work through it". It works most of the time but wake up and smell the coffee, Phil! When they aren't working through it, give a shout, dude! :chicken: By the end of the first half we should have been leading by a HUGE margin because Carmelo was basically the only one who showed up for Denver. We just took off our uniforms and went back to pick up basketball on a playground court after the 1st quarter. It was tough to watch. :( Staples was full of life and we, as fans, did all we could. :yes: When Fish had a 3 pointer, I drifted back to years past, for about a minute. But, he continued to have trouble. GO FISH! And, Kobe did have some amazing shots and I am really liking Ariza. That's my message and I'm stickin'! Pau is also steppin' it up really well. You can still see, on his face sometimes, the hesitancy but he's pickin' it up so GO PAU!

The Orlando/Cavs game was soo exciting in the last minute. I was surprised a bit. It was sure fun to watch! That was a basketball game!

Lakers are lucky theyre not down 0-2 :o

Guess the Lakers should be down 0-3, huh? :cain:

Lakers went into Denver and got game 3. :D More of a relief, really. The lakers had to win one game in Denver, and that one was the one. Despite the Lakers threw up enough bricks at the free throw line to build a F'N HOUSE :x, Trevor Ariza was able to shut down Carmelo Anthony on the 2nd half. Kobe and Gasol put in serious work, especially in the 4th quarter, and then Ariza had the steal to seal the deal.

Sweetandlow, still some bad calls. Simple fouls that were called technical, and vice versa. That guy pushed Kobe when Bryant already passed him and it was JUST A FOUL?! <_< And what about the double tech that wasn't called? And where you tearing your hair out when Vujavic was in the game? :laugh: Luckily, Phil got the damn message and kept a shorter leach on the players that were cold early.

Now game 4 is upon us. Can the Lakers win that one? Unlikely, but possible. All 3 games were relatively close. Game 3 had more a gap then the 1st two, but that mostly cause Ariza had that great steal near the end of the game, so the Nuggets had to foul. Plus, Anthony fouled out. If the Lakers can win game 4, WE GOT THIS!!! :whistle: :yes: If they lose, hey, at least were got what we came for.

Till next time, GO LAKERS!!! PURPLE AND GOLD!!!

Well, one more down and we pulled it out! Did you notice (how could you not?) how pissed off Kobe was at his team? In the first half, he was strolling downthe court instead of at least skipping or something, like he had all NIGHT LONG. :atoobie: He was pissed and I do not blame him. That's all fine and dandy but we can't get mad (hello, Odom?) about stuff that doesn't have to do with the game that is going on now.......We need to, oh, I don't know, maybe PLAY IN SPITE OF??? :jimmy:

I agree. Once again, the calls were totally bunk! Yes, the double T on Fish and whoever it was just plain sucked.......What is the prob with these guys??? They are some of the best in the biz but they are wearing freakin' blinders. The other night, they called a kicking foul on Pau because he was just standing there and the ball hit his foot and it went out! WTH? It just goes on and on. Like I said before, I hate it when people blame the officials for the loss but F***!!!!, get ur shizz together, dudes!

And, yes!!, I jumped up and went totally ballistic when I saw Vujavic. I liked him for about a half minute when he got the 3 but went back to :banghead: :banghead: when he proved me right and did nothing else.

If we don't do something about our shooting at the line, we could very easily botch the whole thing up. I was amazed at how many even Kobe missed. I'm never thrilled when Pau gets to the line but hey! you gotta' love ol' Pau anyway. And, could someone pleeeeeeeeeeez get their act together on 3's??? PLEASE, I'M BEGGING!!! NEVER MAKE A GIRL BEG!! :evil: :voodoo:

So far the coference finals were awesome. Denver brings up lots of energy, while Orlando is working like machine. And LeBron is having a monster series, while Kobe is literally teaching what bball IQ is. However I may have to put an asterik at the officiating.

Did anyone watch last nights game? The technical foul Howard recieved was one of the worst I have ever seen. It was just showing a little emotion after making an and1 play, way too far from any sort of taunting. I think the league shall anull that call. If they don't, and Howard ends up recieveing yet another easy one in game 5, that should raise lots of eyebrows. (he will get an automatic 1 game susspension). <_<

BTW, notice how JR Smith always pulls Kobe from his jersey, when Kobe shoots jumpers.

edit: What a game!! both the Cavs and Lakers should be down 0-2 though.

And, after 4 games both are lucky they didn't get swept. :|

Off topic:

<_<

the Lakers are supposed to win.

Damn, your avatar is scorching hot! Did someone post that picture in her thread on here? :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yep Matt, thats one damn hot avi right there. Mind if I ask who she is? (assuming you haven't change your avatar twice already)

Did anyone watch last nights game? The technical foul Howard recieved was one of the worst I have ever seen. It was just showing a little emotion after making an and1 play, way too far from any sort of taunting. I think the league shall anull that call.

And they did just that. The NBA said that what Howard did was not a technical foul. The series ain't looking too good for Cleveland. I don' know the history, but I doubt many teams have came back in a Conference Final down 3-1. :ermm:

Speaking of history, Lakers have a advantage in that department. When it comes to a game 5 when a series is tied 2-2, Lakers are 19-0!!! :o Let's hope that trend continues tonight. Go LAKERS!!!

Now that's is what I wanna see. NIIIICE!!! :D Fought and won a tough game 5, and ride on that momentum to CLOSE IT OUT!!! Kobe does what he always does, but Gasol, Odom, and Fisher contributed to the Laker's success as well. And Trevor Ariza is IMPRESSIVE, HUH?! :cool: Congrats to Denver for a tough series. However, I feel that this is the LAKERS' YEAR!!! So, I guess the next question is WHO'S NEXT? Can Cleveland win one in Orlando? Or will the Magic take care of business? I'm guessin' most would like to see the Black Mamba vs. King James, but I think Superman vs. Kobe will be interesting as well.

Either way the Lakers should win. Gonna be nice to see if the Cavs can pull off these next 2 games though.

True. Regardless of who represents the East, I doubt Cleveland or Orlando were as good as the Celtics were last year. The Lakers, on the other hand, seem to have gotten better. As for Cleveland pulling off the next two, they gotta win tonight to get to that next game. So far, they haven't been able to win in Orlando. Since the Lakers are in, should I really care who advances and who doesn't? :idk:

Seriously though, regardless that they lost, LeBron had a monster series against Magic. Though this was a nail in the coffin about whats going to happen in 2010 summer (not that I ever doubted that he'll join the Knicks).

But tonight Howard had a much more dominant game, than any other game by Bron so far. He flat out beasted the court. 40 pts, 14 rebs, 5 assts, 14-20 FG, 12-16 FT (sorry if I'm wrong, didn't re-check the boxscore). And his dominance was way beyond the stats. He reminded me of Shaq at his prime.

Magic-Lakers will be a great finals series. But no way Kobe leaves this one to slip away.

BTW Matt congratulations for your new head coach, Eddie Jordan. He has always been one of the coaches I respect the most. Hopefully a great season is ahead of you guys.

Its weird that when a team facing elimination they seem to get blown out. Happened to the Cavs, Sixers, Rockets, Nuggets. they were all facing elimination and the games werent even close.

Youre the first one to tell me about our new coach :laugh: i dont know much about him, hopefully he'll be a good fit.

btw Wally Szerbiak sucks. why does he even put on a uniform :ninja:

So, the NBA Finals is all set. SUPERMAN VS. THE BLACK MAMBA!!! :rofl: So much for those commercials of LeBron vs. Kobe. Not the series most people wanted to see or expected, but should still be fun to watch. I do remember saying that Orlando could be the DARK HORSE to make the finals. And the Lakers got HOME COURT ADVANTAGE!!! :dance: :hell yea!: :ddr: :clap: :D But I shouldn't be to happy about that, now with the fact that it is now a 2-3-2 format. :ermm: I think the Lakers will win the NBA Finals this year, in 6 games. Lakers have the advantage. Lakers know how to win in that atmosphere, and most of them have been there before. This is the Magics' first time in the NBA Finals. They have done well in the playoffs, but the NBA Finals is whole different ballgame. Howard is good, and he has Rashard Lewis and Hedo, but against Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Ariza, who do you think has the upper hand?

I guess I can't say to Orlando welcome to the land of drivebys and palm trees, since they probably have many of those in Orlando, at least in the palm tree area. So in closing, as we say in L.A., LET'S DO THIS!!! :bellazon: :blueeyedbaby: :lullaby: :clobber: :beating: :war:

I agree that this pretty much seals the certainty that LeBron will leave for the Knicks in 2010.

The thing is, the problem he's facing right now (not enough pieces around him) might haunt him just as much in his first seasons in NY. LeBron turns 25 at the end of the year, he should have 5-6 seasons at this level left in him. The question is, will he get the help he needs during this time? Would it be crazy to contemplate the possibility of him never winning a championship? :|

there have been some great players to never in a championship. Ironically one of the most famous players to never get a ring is a Knickerbocker, Patrick Ewing.

Lebron is the best player in the world though, maybe the best ever once its all over and done with. He will get his one day.

Lakers will win. If they play like they did in game 6 they are impossible to beat.