Bellazon

NBA

goose

This didn't get mentioned, but Orlando has matched Dallas' offer for Gortat. IMO, it shook up things a little bit. Dallas would have been much better with him.

I'm glad that Odom finally re-upped (knew it was going to happen, but they made such a drama about it :wacko: ). Now they are back to being the #1 candidate to win it all. :thumbsup:

And Portland made a great pick with Andre Miller. Though, this means Kirk Hinrich still is in the market. I know the Lakers are interested for him, and he is a perfect fit for them (even though triangle offense doesn't need a pure PG). He can hit the 3 ball, and is a great defender. But I'm sure there'll be much better offers for him than anything the Lakers might come up with. I hope he goes to a contender.

And another great thread was Hornets sending Tyson Chandler to Charlotte for Emeka Okafor. CP3 will make him an all-star. I feel bad about Chandler though. Damn you injuries. Hopefully he'll completely recover. :(

Man, that Laker roster is loaded :| You still need a PG though :ninja:

You might be right about that. We do have Fisher, but obviously his best days are behind him. However, it seems like Jordan Farmar is the heir apparent to taking over that position, and he's pretty good. :)

• 1 month later...
Iverson a Grizzlie? there goes his chance to get a ring before he's done.

Good!!! :rofl: Iverson has been such a spoiled, arrogant punk thug his whole career. Not to mention, throughout his whole career, there was nobody on his teams you could root for really hard to get a championship. Either they were immature at the time(like Carmello Anthony), or they already got their championship(practicably everybody on the Pistons). All the other spoiled, punk thugs(Rasheed Wallace, Dennis Rodman) had guys you could root for when you look on the teams they were on. And now, Ron Artest is on a team with likable guys you can root for.

All the best athletes are arrogant. He is one of the best scorers of all time. When he went to the finals with the Sixers we had a bunch of likable mostly unknown players. Mutumbo, Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie. theyre good guys. I wish he at least woulda went to Charlotte. reunite with Larry.

it's sad to see one of the greats not get at least one ring. no matter who it is or how arrogant they are.

Regardless of the off the court stuff. I dont discriminate. If youre that good, you should get a ring. whos to say one player is more deserving than another based on things like what they say or how they act off court. Iverson played his heart out every game. well, he used to. :laugh: i dont know him anymore

• 1 month later...
ive never rly paid attention to nba bball but planning to do so this season, no idea what team to root for though :laugh: advice?

Well, you are from the Netherlands. I'm sure there are b-ball players who are either Dutch or have Dutch ancestry who play on NBA teams. As you know, many famous people are fans of the Lakers, so they are a popular choice. The Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers are also popular teams.

hmm only dutch active player I can find is Dan Gadzuric, but he plays for the Bucks which arent all that great are they?

at the moment i'm kinda torn between;

Magic, Cavaliers, Spurs and Blazers

I just want a team whose matches are interesting to watch :p I'm gonna do more research lol