Bellazon

NBA

goose

I am catching the same treatment Joe.. the Suns seem to have a lot of fouls/penalties what ever they are called.. been watching a lot of fouls in the Lakers games as well.. I am thinking they have some cranky officials myself. Well at least that's how I see the officials for the SUNS anyway, the Lakers had some really deserved ones yesterday. :p

I am glad the SUNS won today they play the Spurs again Tuesday, I hope the officials are less cranky then but the past games I have seen I think a lot is going undeserved sometimes.

:wave: :hug:

I'll admit, when Shaq was in his prime, they let him get away with some things here and there...but they've never really officiated him purely on either end because of his size. Since he's 300+lbs, it's easy to call a foul on him but at the same time, it's easy to let people get away with doing the same things to him a lot of times just cause he's so much bigger <_< . But I am glad they won :D . A sweep would have been so embarassing :| .

This is why girls shouldn't watch games in girly moods... my SUNS lost... :cry:

though has anyone noticed the calls for fouls on these guys.. Shaq got fouled for tripping, he didn't even touch another player.. Am I missing how fouls are called? I understand what Joe said about his size bringing him out in the game.. I like that, but he tripped and was fouled.. I realize that wouldn't have gotten them the game but less fouls would have kept the frustration I think.

another team that is getting the same treatment seems to be the Lakers if you ask me.. I will cheer them on to not get frustrated from the missed foul shots from the other teams and the mistaken fouls called on them.. I see how they play but I feel the largest factor of a game is in the mentality of the game. Am I wrong?

I didn't really pay much attention to the fouls in the Laker series :/ , but fouls in general are left up to the on the spot interpretation of the refs generally speaking...and sometimes a different ref may have even interpreted the same thing differently in a different situation and not even the officials always agree on the fouls called.

In sports there is a bit of an unwritten rule to be a little more lax on unnecessary penalties during playoffs to avoid comprimising the integrity of the outcome. Fouls have a huge effect on the game, especially when one of the team's best player is a center (Duncan).

For example, the Spur's best player is Tim Duncan and the only person the Suns had big enough to guard him was Shaq. Shaq was called for more than twice as many fouls, which limited the time they had someone Duncan's size guarding him. Stoudemire (the Sun's leading scorer) is the last line of defense to guard Duncan (though he's not big enough) and he was called for a fouls more often than Duncan as well :blink: .

Of course there's always conspiracy theories about certain things like that and even exposed foul play in some instances because someone in any position can be paid off of course...But anyway...On the other side, I will admit that Shaq has been allowed to get away with his fair share in his day as well...but anyway...I hope that wasn't too off base :laugh: .

I hope I'm understand what you mean by mentality of the game. If you mean smart play, then that is definitely important. Most of the best teams are also the smartest teams :) .

Davis is going to end up with the Clippers. I think he wants to stay in California and I don't see the Warriors resign him.

I can't believe how much large sections of the media are still underestimating the Hornets. They beat every single elite team during the regular season, totally destroyed Dallas in the first round and now took the first game against the Spurs and still people aren't giving them a chance at making the Western finals.

That's because most people's natural inclination is to lean toward superstars. A lot of people would probably pick the Cavs over the Hornets just because LeBrons there even though the Cavs won 11 less games in the weaker conference. Most people who aren't big into basketball don't even know who Chris Paul is and some who are couldn't name even one of his teammates. Some people just have more confidence in names than results.

I can't believe how much large sections of the media are still underestimating the Hornets. They beat every single elite team during the regular season, totally destroyed Dallas in the first round and now took the first game against the Spurs and still people aren't giving them a chance at making the Western finals.