Bellazon

where have all the gorgeous women gone?

jOEh

I have to say that it's sad the image tht the designers think they have to portray as "beautiful". It has a major impact on the younger generations to the point that thrid graders talk about their weight..

Look at the impact any celebrity industry has on people but really look at all the school age kids... To have someone graduated from school and living in the real world looking at a model is diffferent than someone who lives in the confines of school and home. In a closed environment most of the time the biggest thing in life is to look at these images and idle them. And when it sells thin; unhealth almost always goes along. There are far too few people who have fast metablisms to say they are thin from that. Besides anyone who knows anything abotu health can say too fast of a metabolism is a health issue as well. It maybe ok when your 20 somehting but when you get to be forty something I know too many people with health issues. But back to the subject...

I don't know about any where but here in Arizona thin is a huge fad... Unhealth seems to be the main part of it. I remember being in JR high and having a few kids that haven't quite "developed" yet or may look like they were still sixth graders, but now more than half barely look like their in third grade and most more than half are bone showing thin. Males included. I see lots of children in a day in every age group and school level and this is the impact that the image to be beautiful is to be thin really concerns me. I have known class mates of mine of my own to die from eating disorders and to also see children not developing properly and thinking they aren't are perfect the way they are really impacts me alot on this subject.

I will actually say I am far from the 5'8" and 128lb women that has been determined to be beautiful but I am healthy. I was told once by a high school student that my image wouldn't probably sell in the fashion industry because although they have plus size models (which are on an average size 10-12 and somethimes as high as 14) they aren't really as popular and don't have the publicity coverage that the thinner models obtain. If the industry is trying to get realistic at least here in America... sizes 10-12 I know are the sizes ususally left over and 14 plus are usually the sizes carried in the largest quantities. Ask a stocker for a store soemtime its interesting what they carry for the realisticly for adults and what they now are beginning to carry for children.

I am a huge health person and I strongly feel they need to sell reality, not fantasy. Figures used to be nice to have and now its too fat. Marilyn Monroe by the way at the peek of her career was as high as size 16 with her hips and 14 with her waist. There are really cool pamphlets for eating disorders and self image that describe celebrities and what their sizes were and the health issues alot of the celebrities and major icons had from trying to keep this image they thought they had to portray...

I would like to say I cheer you all on for what you have had to say about the fashion industry...

I love beautiful people but in reality I find everyone a beautiful person from the inside out and I wish that truely could be portrayed in a picture or on a runway. Sorry that's the counsel

I have to say that it's sad the image tht the designers think they have to portray as "beautiful". It has a major impact on the younger generations to the point that thrid graders talk about their weight..

Look at the impact any celebrity industry has on people but really look at all the school age kids... To have someone graduated from school and living in the real world looking at a model is diffferent than someone who lives in the confines of school and home. In a closed environment most of the time the biggest thing in life is to look at these images and idle them. And when it sells thin; unhealth almost always goes along. There are far too few people who have fast metablisms to say they are thin from that. Besides anyone who knows anything abotu health can say too fast of a metabolism is a health issue as well. It maybe ok when your 20 somehting but when you get to be forty something I know too many people with health issues. But back to the subject...

I don't know about any where but here in Arizona thin is a huge fad... Unhealth seems to be the main part of it. I remember being in JR high and having a few kids that haven't quite "developed" yet or may look like they were still sixth graders, but now more than half barely look like their in third grade and most more than half are bone showing thin. Males included. I see lots of children in a day in every age group and school level and this is the impact that the image to be beautiful is to be thin really concerns me. I have known class mates of mine of my own to die from eating disorders and to also see children not developing properly and thinking they aren't are perfect the way they are really impacts me alot on this subject.

I will actually say I am far from the 5'8" and 128lb women that has been determined to be beautiful but I am healthy. I was told once by a high school student that my image wouldn't probably sell in the fashion industry because although they have plus size models (which are on an average size 10-12 and somethimes as high as 14) they aren't really as popular and don't have the publicity coverage that the thinner models obtain. If the industry is trying to get realistic at least here in America... sizes 10-12 I know are the sizes ususally left over and 14 plus are usually the sizes carried in the largest quantities. Ask a stocker for a store soemtime its interesting what they carry for the realisticly for adults and what they now are beginning to carry for children.

I am a huge health person and I strongly feel they need to sell reality, not fantasy. Figures used to be nice to have and now its too fat. Marilyn Monroe by the way at the peek of her career was as high as size 16 with her hips and 14 with her waist. There are really cool pamphlets for eating disorders and self image that describe celebrities and what their sizes were and the health issues alot of the celebrities and major icons had from trying to keep this image they thought they had to portray...

I would like to say I cheer you all on for what you have had to say about the fashion industry...

I love beautiful people but in reality I find everyone a beautiful person from the inside out and I wish that truely could be portrayed in a picture or on a runway. Sorry that's the counsel

I have to say that it's sad the image that thin is what the designers think they have to portray as "beautiful". It has a major impact on the younger generations to the point that third graders talk about their weight..

Look at the impact any celebrity industry has on people but really look at all the school age kids... To have someone graduated from school and living in the real world looking at a model is diffferent than someone who lives in the confines of school and home. In a closed environment most of the time the biggest thing in life is to look at these images and idle them. And when it sells thin; unhealth almost always goes along. There are far too few people who have fast metabolisms to say they are thin from that. Besides anyone who knows anything about health can say too fast of a metabolism is a health issue as well. It maybe ok when your 20 somehting but when you get to be forty something I know most people with faster metabolisms end with alot of different issues. But back to the subject...

I don't know about any where but here in Arizona thin is a huge fad... Unhealth seems to be the main part of it. I remember being in JR high and having a few kids that haven't quite "developed" yet or may look like they were still sixth graders. But now more than half barely look like their in third grade and more than half are bone showing thin. Males included. I see lots of children in a day in every age group and school level between 33 different schools and this is the impact that the image to be beautiful is to be thin really concerns me. I have known class mates of mine of my own to die from eating disorders and to also see children not developing properly from malnutrition because they think they aren't are perfect image; really impacts me alot on this subject.

I will actually say I am far from the 5'8" and 128lb women that has been determined to be beautiful but I am healthy. I was told once by a high school student that my image wouldn't probably sell in the fashion industry because although they have plus size models (which are on an average size 10-12 and somethimes as high as 14) they aren't really as popular and don't have the publicity coverage that the thinner models obtain. If the industry is trying to get realistic at least here in America... sizes 10-12 I know are the sizes ususally left over and 14 plus are usually the sizes carried in the largest quantities. Ask a stocker for a store soemtime its interesting what they carry realisticly for adults and what they now are beginning to carry for children.

I love beautiful people but in reality I find everyone a beautiful person from the inside out and I wish that truely could be portrayed in a picture or on a runway.

oh sweet baby jesus JOEh... that pic is... uummmm :sex:

thanks!!! he looks hot to this day, 45 odd yrs old and sexier than any of those girly boys will

ever be

and Azgirl, nicely said

i think it all comes down to how one feels about themselves

ive seen people on this forum say bold as you please that anorexia

is a lifestyle choice... it made me want to cry

ive never been thin... but ive always been happy with ME

maybe when people get happy with themselves that sounds dumb, i mean more that

when people come to terms with what and who they are, the need to sculpt themselves

unnaturally will fade???

i love whta u said about marilyn....sophia loren, gina lollabrigida<sp>???

jayne mansfield.. all were thick girls...

heres to hoping that the pendulum will swing back

and women can be considered beautiful, even if theyre a size 12 or shit any fucking size

• 2 months later...
well said, barb, i dont have much to add to it

other than

the killing of the supermodel is one of the main culprits

these strange, nofigured 'it' girls are so acceptable today

because supermodels as a group were murdered

supermodels were TRUE supers.... household names

now what average schmoe knows who vlada is??

thats the way the designers and the indusrty like it

when the girls are healthy, happy and showed strong personalities

the public reacted, and we loved it, and wanted more

when we want more

the girls that we want more of can charge any fee they want, and get it

in the late '90's this was ended....and aside from gisele

there has been no true supermodel.....

i think photogs can be blamed for this too

old school edits and ads and covers showed life, and spunk and perosnality

now its just blank, wide eyed stares and hunched over emaciated girls

emoting NO SEXUALITY,PERSONALITY nor any RELATABILITY

im dun-zo

edit: i had this thought just now.. taking away the power of these models was also kind of a slap on the

wrist, a 'how dare you be a powerful, strong woman'??

the amazing power these women had i think was very threatening to many in the industry

now the girls are meek, sweet, and too friggin young to know when theyre getting screwed

now im done, for real lolol

I think with the boys like Mathias it's just that designers have to go to the extreme. What would be noticable about their fashion if it was just like everyday wear? Therefore they do slim suits and stuff. And to find people who fit into their slim designs they need to cast the young skinny male models. The older they get the more muscles they usually get in that business. Therefore we only have two types: skinny and young and muscular and mature.

And I guess Mathias doesn't wear make-up in his normal life lol

You can't judge them on their runway looks I think :laugh:

He looks freaky in that second pic though :rofl:

By the way how come people are talking about guys now - isn't this threrad about women? :idk:

:laugh: gollum is walking the runways :p

urgs! :shock:

:rofl:

For those who doubt in Mathias' manly sex appeal:

yjy-0000ma.jpg

I love him in the Gucci ad :wub:

I always loved the pic but I didn't realise it was him when I first saw it :whistle: