Bellazon

where have all the gorgeous women gone?

jOEh

Good point.

Have we mentioned the air-brushing? Perhaps the models would have been made skinnier in the 80s-90s if they had the technology to whittle them down (digitally).

The first thought that came to mind on the first post is that there have always been some freaks on the runway. Well, I guess they're all technically freaks. I mean...not all models were in the same league as Linda and Helena. And now, not all models are in the same camp as Masha Tylena. There are many Prettier ones (Raquel Zimmerman, Doutzen Kroes, Valentina Z. to name a few). But I agree that the ratio has switched. Now, they are mostly awkward waifs, with a few stunners thrown in.

What contemporary models do you think could have been popular in the 80s and 90s? Also, do you think they would be prettier if they gained a little weight?

Thanks for this interesting discussion.

The first thought that came to mind on the first post is that there have always been some freaks on the runway. Well, I guess they're all technically freaks. I mean...not all models were in the same league as Linda and Helena. And now, not all models are in the same camp as Masha Tylena. There are many Prettier ones (Raquel Zimmerman, Doutzen Kroes, Valentina Z. to name a few). But I agree that the ratio has switched. Now, they are mostly awkward waifs, with a few stunners thrown in.

What contemporary models do you think could have been popular in the 80s and 90s? Also, do you think they would be prettier if they gained a little weight?

agree ^ doutzen kroes definitely could have been popular in this "era" blonde,blue eyed,beautiful face,curvy healthy body, yep

hmmm I know there is another one that comes to mind but I can't think of her right now :chicken: