Bellazon

NFL

Capt Snow

People were way to high on the Saints. They were still the better team but with the game Hasselbeck put together and Roman Harper being beat on every play his name is mentioned on, i mean like all season :|, the Hawks pulled out the win. A Superbowl winning team hasn't had a postseason win since the 05 Pats anyway.

Jets pulled one out. If Sanchez could make the throws he's supposed to, that game isn't as close as it was.

gonna go hide in a hole for the next 8 months...

For what reason? the Packers were the more balanced team over all.

The Eagles with Vick get a big play or get nothing most of the time. :idk:

Plus the run defense wasn't the best :p

Well, not having a big play I wouldn't say he did 'nothng'. 2 TDs (one passing and one running), leading the game in yards with only 13 yards less than his running back. Not to mention, the better defense thing works both ways, not only the Packers having a better defense, but the prospect of going against a better defense (2nd in points allowed vs. 21st).

But "big play or nothing" with over 62% passing in a season :idk: ? If the passing is deep bombs exclusively, teams would just drop a bunch of guys back in prevent and soft zones all the time, not to mention doing a lot more double covering than they've done. Its easy to notice their big plays because they stand out more and they had such success with them. But their 'big plays' were even more successful as they were because teams are afraid of their small and medium plays too. Sure you don't want to give Vick 20 yard runs (that of course you can't rely on either), but 5-6 yards add up if you give him that. But he's extremely accurate with mid range passes too even in tight windows as well.

And even with short passes, they aren't to be ignored as the running back is actually the leader in receptions on the team by a large margin (78).

So, the Packers have a better defense (2nd vs. 21st) and more balanced pass to run ratio (27 passes to 26 runs vs. 36 passes to 12 runs), but it isn't really a "well, they're just the better team" kindof consolation or loss.

1. They only won by 5 points with a star kicker missing 2 (6 points) field goals, one of which on 4th and 1 close to the endzone (shared blame with coach).

2. Reid, as always didn't really trust the running game. Sure the Packer's run blocking was more solid, but the Eagles had only 12 caries.

But I would have liked eithe outcome because they're my favorite NFC teams :) .

Wow, haven't seen the reverse "you do it then" card in awhile :ninja: . But it comes with great responsibility of course, good luck living up to it :morning: .

Thanks! As the Cardinals' new QB (you know they have no one else), I'm just going to lob balls in Fitzgerald's direction and in doing so have a 100+ passer rating season.

Joe, i appreciate you defending the Eagles but all those stats really mean nothing. The Packers dominated the football game. They won the line of scrimmage, running the ball on us with scrubs like... I can't even remember his name. Vick never has anytime back there. Teams know our O-Line sucks ass and they blitz constantly. For some reason we have no idea how to hot route when we see a blitz. Did you see the first play of the game? Blindside blitz, sack. FUCKING RIDICULOUS. I expected nothing but a loss after seeing that.

The only reason we had so much success this season was because Vick covered up our team's many flaws. Look for some coaching changes this offseason. Both coordinators could be gone.

and Andy Reid, with the not running the ball, it's understandable after you're down 14 nothing but c'mon, McCoy is a playmaker, give the guy the ball.

go Seahawks

:rofl: We'll take him for 00.05, lol.

I wasn't really trying to defend you guys, Matt :ninja: . And don't forget the Vikings game where they did the same corner blitx over and over without you guys adjusting :whistle: . I thought you guys, though significantly worse defensively and line wise, had enough tools to win, but choked/blew it, but since you're from there, I didn't want to just pour it on too strong :ninja: .

But speaking of from there, I lost fifty cents on the Cheifs over the Ravens :pinch: . I like the Patriots, but I kindof want someone new to win, even though no one's left that can match the feelgood of the Saints from last year of course, but as long as it isn't the Ravens vs. Bears :ninja: (though either of them vs. anyone else would be cool :p ) anything should be interresting :) .

I just cannot wit to see the Pats shut the Jets up. I've never seen a team that has accomlished so little act like they are the team to beat. And fat boy Rex and Cormarte and their shots on Brady ate just so ridiculous. Maybe when the jets win something (that is IF they do) they can talk smack, until than they should actually concentrate on the Patriots instead of the sound bites