Bellazon

I Am...

Guest Albaholic

6 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

I saw this guy before. Sorry, I'm not "touched and inspired". He feels good in his skin and enjoys his life as it is - good for him, but I don't feel like it has anything to do with me. For me, seeing a person who may or may not be in a worse situation, or in a different situation is not necessarily inspiring.

I think a person can only inspire a particular group of people (perhaps in a particular situation), not everyone.

E.g. I think this speech is inspiring for the audience, but of course not for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaS8c_i8UVc

+1

What can I say? I feel sorry for everbody who can't find this inspirational and amazing. He has this condition and he can still enjoy life. What he talks about is quite general. That you can't give up and have to fight. 

Of course It's easier to say that my life is different and can't be compared to his...

3 minutes ago, Lyla said:

What can I say? I feel sorry for everbody who can't find this inspirational and amazing. He has this condition and he can still enjoy life. What he talks about is quite general. That you can't give up and have to fight. 

Of course It's easier to say that my life is different and can't be compared to his...

It just shows that we have different attitudes, taste and personality. Otoh, I do find e.g. the life of Oloffson Placid inspiring.

10 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

...over this cold and snow. :pinch: 

I hear ya luv

1 minute ago, Limerlight said:

:shocking: It's cold today. wind chill around -40 until 9am and -30 to -35 all day into tomorrow night where it gets back to -40 :pinch: 

1GqcKr7.png

Z2J7WTl.png

I am outraged :oh_no:

Anti-Trump Protesters Block Ambulance Carrying Critically Ill Patient Rushing to Hospital
Arrests made at demonstration in Connecticut after critically ill patient prevented from passing.

Protesters decrying President Donald Trump's two-week-old administration prevented an ambulance carrying a critically ill patient from getting to Yale-New Haven hospital during a protest Saturday in New Haven, Connecticut.

Roughly 200 demonstrators marched to Route 34 around 5 p.m. carrying a banner emblazoned with the words "No Ban No Wall New Haven," they blocked traffic on the highway the ambulance was taking.

"Due to this delay ambulance personnel were required to perform an emergency medical procedure in the ambulance instead of at the hospital."

The protesters "obstructed an ambulance carrying a critically ill patient," the state police report read, according to the New Haven Independent. "Due to this delay, ambulance personnel were required to perform an emergency medical procedure in the ambulance instead of at the hospital."

One protester in particular who stood in the ambulance's path refused to move when asked by police to do so.

"The officers tried to guide him out of the way. He pushed an officer trying to get back," Shift Commander Lt. Sam Brown told the Independent, noting that the man was brought to the ground and arrested.

5 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

:ninja: Luckily we didn't get that cold. Windchill is -30 right now, but we have a snowfall warning on since yesterday and the city is a mess with stupid drivers. :pinch: 

Vancouver is much the same as I heard snow wise :/ 

You're always welcome up here luv :p I got a spare bedroom now so you can avoid me :ermm: 

On 06/02/2017 at 2:31 PM, Prettyphile said:

I am outraged :oh_no:

Anti-Trump Protesters Block Ambulance Carrying Critically Ill Patient Rushing to Hospital
Arrests made at demonstration in Connecticut after critically ill patient prevented from passing.

Altough I am against Trump and he is fucking the entire world, I get irritated with most of these protests, they are annoying and lead to nowhere (Altough they have every right to do it I know).