Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I don't think she is lazy, she was the man VS girl for years now in on almost every major campaign and shoot the last few years that keeps her plenty busy and takes up lots of her time she could of potentially been booking HF clients. They will probably use her less with VS now they are pumping out the 10 new girls so hopefully she will have more opportunity to do HF and more editorial work.

Model, Victoria's Secret Angel and Max Factor ambassador Candice Swanepoel answers our 10 burning beauty questions.

What products do you use on your skin?

Because I wear a lot of make-up for work it's really important to keep my skin clean after work so I use a great natural face wash, Tea Tree Oil and Green Tea. I use organic coconut oil to take my make-up off, I also add it to my smoothies to keep my skin glowing. It's a great all round natural beauty product. The main thing my mum taught me was that you can never be too young to start taking care of your skin. No matter how tired I am, I will never sleep in my make-up.

What lessons have you learned from make-up artists backstage at the shows and on shoots?

Pat McGrath taught me all about contouring, which is really big right now. It's also really important to find the right colours and shades for you. What may suit one person may not suit you, so find what works for your face shape and tones.

What are your summer make-up essentials?

Max Factor's Miracle Match foundation - It gives skin good coverage, but with a really light, nourished finish. Also I love a red lipstick - I'm currently using the new Max Factor Lipfinity Lipstick. It's really soft in texture, the colour is really bright and it stays put. Mascara is always in my handbag - I'm using Max Factor Velvet Volume Mascara right now. I recently shot the campaign with Pat and I love the soft, velvet feel it gives to my lashes.

How do you create perfect beach hair?

When it's wet, tie it in a twisted bun and then undo to reveal wavy hair. Bio Oil is my favourite product from back home in South Africa and I love using it on my hair and body.

For your latest Max Factor campaign you were transformed into Marilyn Monroe - who's your personal beauty icon?

Being transformed into Marilyn was so much fun. It was quite a process and to see the final look when I saw my reflection was amazing. Marilyn Monroe is such a big icon for so many women so it was really fun. It was a full transformation - hair, make-up and styling. It took about one and a half hours and I loved the final look. I take a lot of inspiration from the supermodels of the Nineties - Linda Evangelista, Bo Derek and Stephanie Seymour. They were unapologetic, strong women who were sexy and powerful.

What's the best thing about being a model?

Definitely being able to travel to amazing places, working in an extremely creative environment. I feel very lucky to be able to work with people from all over the world, everyone has their story and their journey and we're all there to have fun and create art in our own way.

What are your tips for perfectly toned abs?

Boxing, laughing a lot, pilates, yoga - everything that involves core exercises.

What is your favourite way to keep fit?

I have a trainer in New York who has been working with me for about eight years now. Over the years my workouts have changed, I do a lot of yoga, boxing when I have energy, pilates on the reformer and lots of resistance training. I love yoga for the spiritual and physical sides. It's hard to meditate in New York City, which is why I like to travel to remote places where I am surrounded by nature. I meditate through yoga.

What's your biggest beauty indulgence?

A great moisture mask or face massage. I have a facial once a month but I have to keep where I go a secret!

What beauty advice would you give your 16-year-old self?

Don't pluck your eyebrows, don't dye your hair and lay off on the smoky eye.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2015/08/18/candice-swanepoel-beauty-interview-10-questions

Candice confirmed :woot:

post-71106-0-1446064934-89376_thumb.jpg

After all those years they are finally engaged :clap: great way to celebrate your 10 years! Happy for them :heart: and i'm sure she will be the most beautiful bride :wub: hope when the time comes she shares some pics :chicken:

(the video earlier this week was then indeed a confirmation from her to confirm it in her own way )

Candice confirmed :woot:

post-91971-0-1446064935-71382_thumb.jpg

After all those years they are finally engaged :clap: great way to celebrate your 10 years! Happy for them :heart: and i'm sure she will be the most beautiful bride :wub: hope when the time comes she shares some pics :chicken:

(the video earlier this week was then indeed a confirmation from her to confirm it in her own way )

I'm not going to get my hopes up for pics because i feel like she won't post any, so if she does i will be pleasantly surprised  :ddr: