Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

Recycling ideas itself isn't bad per se, but recycling the ideas, doing a bad job at it and reusing a photo of a model they rejected is sad.

I mean Lily D must feel horrible even though those photos are VS' proprietary right. And, it makes her look bad.

Cause VS loved her up till 2016 and 2017, they just flat out cut her off.

As far recyled outfits go... it's been bad, but I must say that Daniela Braga's matador outfit in TRA was actually a good fit, the brown boots from Boho went well. 

I mean, if we're talking about comparing VS then and now, I think VS  is better now in that there's diversity in cast (minus the fact that there's only 2 Asians, 1 French Asian), and that vets and newbies get their shot at having wings. I like that one thing Sophia did better compared to Todd was letting non-angels have wings.

But I also think the current VSFS team is misguided. I'm sure they have great ideas, great everything, they can't seem to understand that less is more in certain cases. Every year Monica and Sophia talk about bigger and better, and somehow every year it gets worse and suckier lol.

The one thing I do question is whether Sophia sketches or design any outfits herself? Because from the past few years of seeing how the show went from decently meh to horribly bad, it seems to me Sophia may be the fashion director, but doesn't do the sketching herself. Jane and Armando share the bulk of work in sketching, with Jane obviously having a ton of great ideas. But I can't help but feel that maybe Sophia's doing is just telling them what she wants to see, the artists deliver and Sophia changes the design from there and adds in her own "magic touch". 

If so, it explains why the 70% of the show outfits are bad

45 minutes ago, Thegrapevine said:

Based on the video that VS post, Jo will open the show or maybe got something pretty big, because they put only on her head an aura and they really focus the video on her pictures 

YES, i agree, jo will open the show, i said this early, she's the new fav of vs

Often the sketches can look amazing, but the end result doesn’t quite capture the high fashion element in the sketches. It’s like they can do the exact colours and patterns of fabric, but the execution is more basic. Instead of airy wings made out of feathers, you get a round shield that has feathers sticking out of it etc.

Karl Lagerfeld has praised the seamstresses at Chanel saying no one else is able to get and execute his vision like they do.

Could Josephine open a show without freaking out like she did when she opened a segment for the first time? She was crying on the runway.

43 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

I can see the VSFS ending in 2020.

Same. They’re are actual articles that actually statistically backed that up a few months ago that because of the brand’s debt, low sales and low viewership that it’ll all end after 2020. But I can see them scrapping the show first and then a few years later (let’s say 2-4 yrs), the brand will be finished. VS is in DIRE need of new management and help. Just fire Sophia already. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I think it’s long overdue but I wish for Jasmine to open the show. She has a good walk, good energy that’ll hype up the crowd and she always delivers. Please no Jo or at least if you’re gonna make Jo open, don’t give her any wings or anything excessive or heavy to wear...

It really does seem like she can’t handle wings. Give her an outfit like the cop one and call it a day.