Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

22 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

Oooooh, you went there.:rofl:

The true question is... What has Romee done? Because girlie really haven't done anything. She doesn't really stand out among others. She has an ok walk but so do Sara, Elsa, Martha and Jasmine (out of the newest). She's pretty but, regardless of preferences, all of them are. She isn't exactly energetic as Josephine or Behati, that you love them or hate them, you notice them because of that. She's an ok spokesperson but she's not VS go to because if they want something to be promoted right, they can get Martha or Elsa and if they want a lot of publicity they can get Adriana or Candice(she isn't the best spokesperson either but she has the media and the fans so...). And Romee doesn't have seniority like Elsa, Martha or Lais. What does she add to the brand? She's kinda just there.

So, yes, Martha deserves it over Romee, and this is coming from someone that is team Elsa.

BUT you base your discussion on sound logic. You know VS don't play like that.

I'm gonna add my two cents by saying that there is no universe in which Romee deserves the FB more than Martha. Not by career, not by VS career, not by seniority, not even by "outside VS" relvancy. By all standards if we're gonna go by logic and merits, Martha deserves the FB way way more than Romee.

The only other Angel who deserves the FB more than Martha is Elsa who has even more seniority. Then Martha, and then I'd say it's fair game for Romee, Taylor, Stella and Josephine.

My favorite is Josephine and I hope she doesn’t get the fantasy bra. I get that it’s a personal achievement for these girls but I’m selfish. I want great pictures for the girls I like and the fantasy bra looks like shit every year to me. So I’m hoping it goes to Sara who I don’t really care about. 

From a logical point I don't think Romee deserves the FB more than Martha, the only one I think does it more is Elsa. But even from a non-logica point, thinking about what VS needs/wants for the brand either I think they will give it to Romee over other. Maybe in a few years, Romee is improving but she has a long way to go still, and seems like she will be with VS for quite some more time.

I think Martha probably does better for VS based on how often she's used in events, the longevity of her career with the brand, and the amount she's used for campaigns/white wall/etc. Not that VS has ever really followed any sort of "fairness" scale when it comes to the FB but even from a business standpoint, Martha makes more sense than Romee. 

9 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

I think Martha probably does better for VS based on how often she's used in events, the longevity of her career with the brand, and the amount she's used for campaigns/white wall/etc. Not that VS has ever really followed any sort of "fairness" scale when it comes to the FB but even from a business standpoint, Martha makes more sense than Romee. 

Exactly. IG followers don't mean a thing Jasmine and Lais are the least followed Angels which would make it 'bad' for them to have the FB, yet who walked away with the last two FBs? :rofl: VS tracks sells and if Martha is being used more than Romee it's because she's most likely selling better than Romee (and Stella for that matter, she's the least used from the blondes). 

I don't think Romee and Taylor will be getting the FB this year or next year for that matter, they are too young and VS still has time to groom them like they did with Candice, Behati and Lily. Especially Romee I can see sticking around for a long time with the brand, Taylor not so much.

Romee for FB 2018?

tenor.gif?itemid=9291555

Although I'm fairly certain Romee will get the FB at one point, but it ain't this year. Romee has a long way to go, compared to Martha whose already hitting the big 3 next year. Without even talking about how much work Martha does, Martha is up there for the FB just due to her seniority. If Martha doesn't get the FB this year, I bet she's never going to get her chance again, the same goes to Elsa. 

Romee might not have the biggest presence, but her walk is decent, she's regal. She's the younger version of what Kate G should have rightfully been - decent English, a unique look and a walk that captures people's attention. Both don't have a fierce walk, but their walks leave you wondering "Who is that girl?" I see Romee being a contender for the FB in year 2020. This year, it really falls to Martha or Elsa for the FB, and if VS pulls a dark horse moment on us and gives it to one of the younger NAs, I can bet you both Martha and Elsa will still be fighting for the FB next year. 

1 hour ago, jessicanicole said:

I’m talking about the business of being an angel. I’m sure there’s plenty of models who aren’t angels that sell, that doesn’t mean they need to be angels. 

Despite the supposed good sales from Martha that we have no proof of, she gets very very poor reception from the public in terms of angel status. There’s no point in putting her in that bra cause it won’t do anything for her. The public already doesn’t really favor her.  

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Exactly. IG followers don't mean a thing Jasmine and Lais are the least followed Angels which would make it 'bad' for them to have the FB, yet who walked away with the last two FBs? :rofl: VS tracks sells and if Martha is being used more than Romee it's because she's most likely selling better than Romee (and Stella for that matter, she's the least used from the blondes). 

I don't think Romee and Taylor will be getting the FB this year or next year for that matter, they are too young and VS still has time to groom them like they did with Candice, Behati and Lily. Especially Romee I can see sticking around for a long time with the brand, Taylor not so much.

This isn’t just about Instagram following though. It’s a multide of things. Just like how people discussed that Lais and Jasmine were given the fantasy bras probably in hopes that it would propel their angel status’ as they are the two least popular (and other reasons) and it did next to nothing. 

All the things people keep listing that Martha has done just makes me stand by my point even more. Ample opportunity more than any other angel besides Elsa and still a dud. 

Im not saying Romee deserves it right now, but she definitely does over Martha. There’s no point in investing in Martha’s angel status. Just let her sell the bras and keep it moving. 

At this point I don't even know if it's really between Elsa and Martha. You never know with VS. It's not about how's been there the longest or who deserves it the most. Alessandra got her first Fantasy Bra after 12 years working with the brand (9 years as an Angel), Adriana after 9 years, Selita and Marisa got it at their 3rd show, Karolina at her 3rd show without being an Angel & at her 2nd show being an Angel, Jasmine at her 5th show (3 years as an Angel), Lais at her 7th show (4 years as an Angel), Miranda at her 6th show (5 years as an Angel) and Lily at her 7th show (6 years as an Angel). VS certainly doesn't care who's been there the longest or who deserves it the most. They just choose one of them, the one who they think would look the best in the Fantasy Bra. It could be literally every Angel. 

I keep saying its Martha because for the past 3 years, it's all the underdogs. In all started in 2015 when they surprised us with Lily, then Jasmine in 2016 and Lais in 2017.

All these models have one thing in common, they're choices that people wouldn't expect or predict. Every year we say it's Behati, and when Behati is gone, we pick Candice, when Candice is absent, we pick another fan favorite like Sara, Romee or Elsa. But time after time, VS has been picking the ones that people are least likely to talk about. Lais for example, was an underdog despite her being with VS for a long time. She only started getting more attention after last year's FB and to me, the only sensible choice if we follow down that path is Martha. 

VS would never pick someone like Stella who is obviously at the bottom of the angel's list when it comes to being the favorite angel, neither will they pick choices like Elsa or Josephine. That leaves angels like Martha, Sara and Romee in the run. Sara and Romee are young and have years ahead of them, while Martha's career with VS is more or less dependent on how long VS wants her around. If they decide to end her contract then Martha is as good as gone. This has to be her year or it'll never be Martha's year ever again.

Talking about Sui and Ming, it also reminds me of why those two get exclusive angel contracts. Sui is basically the Chinese version of Martha, very much by the book and is a pretty good spokesperson. Ming is just like Josephine, spunky and outgoing.