Bellazon

13 minutes ago, Chessie said:

The problem with Sara is that she's not a favorite like Elsa (girlfriend had the spotlight in some way since 2012) or Josephine/ Stella. She is popular and a fan favorite but I see her as a filling Angel in their eyes even if she is a major babe. Very a la Lindsay. 

That's what I meant. VS never made her a priority and I'm not sure why she's put on the side. I wonder if the contracts stipulate how much each angel is suposed to work, maybe she chose not to put all her eggs in VS basket?

4 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

The FB and SO won’t open or close a segment. Having that is a special moment. But then again Josephine had the SO last year and opened a segment so who knows.

Yes, but that is only last 2 years. Before that person who got FB or SO opened/closed a segment, or in some cases even opened the whole show.

Now there is a lot more angels, so maybe because of that they have this new "rule".

12 minutes ago, unali said:

I am almost 100% sure that Elsa, Martha, Lais, Jasmine and Romee will not be opening any segment. Even though Lais got a fb, I have a feeling that they will put her in a middle, or at most give her segment closing.

The worst case scenario is when they give some model to open or close the segment. I think opening and closing should be only angel privilege!

6 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

The FB and SO won’t open or close a segment. Having that is a special moment. But then again Josephine had the SO last year and opened a segment so who knows.

The thing is, Swarovski chose her to wear their outfit, and VS wanted her to open, so it's not the same. Worth noting that Jo had worked for Swarovski the year before, so they gave it to someone they knew and liked... 

1 minute ago, GlitterAndWings said:

The thing is, Swarovski chose her to wear their outfit, and VS wanted her to open, so it's not the same. Worth noting that Jo had worked for Swarovski the year before, so they gave it to someone they knew and liked... 

I don’t know if Swarovski chose the girl, if that’s the case then wouldn’t they have picked Karlie this year seeing as how she’s the face of their brand?

Yeah, I think its probably safe to say that Candice will be opening. I mean, two years in a row where the new angels get EVERYTHING I think isn't likely. Especially when an angel is returning to the runway. An old angel hasn't got anything good, but one is returning to the show. Candice more than likely will be opening

11 minutes ago, unali said:

Yes, but that is only last 2 years. Before that person who got FB or SO opened/closed a segment, or in some cases even opened the whole show.

Now there is a lot more angels, so maybe because of that they have this new "rule".

Didn't Martha close the show and the segment with the SO bustier in Fireworks? 

5 minutes ago, Miss_Vogue said:

Guys calm down i love Sara too, she's my fav NA but you guys are overreacting!! I'm sure Sara will get to open a segment this year, but not the show, my money's on Candice! 

We have too many angels nowaday it's impossible to give the spotlight to everyone in one show!!

This is why before the Angels would get 3 looks and it was ok if they didn’t open or close because they were seen enough in the show. Now they have too many Angels and only 2 looks per girl so the girls are just like the regular models and don’t make as much of an impact if they don’t get something special. They should just select some Angels to get 3 looks and then those girls don’t have to open or close or something like that.

3 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

They do, why they didn't choose Karlie baffles me, but she might be getting something else? Who knows. 

True

2 hours ago, to_the_stars said:

With Tyra gone and Heidi pregnant for 10 years straight, they were desperate for another power duo and Gisele/KK seemed like the only solution (keep in mind that Adriana/Alessandra hadn't been invented yet). So they kinda threw at them everything they had (between the two of them, that year they had the show opening, the FB, 4 segment openings and 70% of the interviews).

I do think that "the one that deserves it the most" is not even a concept in #the holycompanythatmakesthongsandbras's minds. They just go with whoever is riding the wave at the moment.

I believe this was 06 or actually 2005, This isn't the actual cover but they shared the VS swim cover with this photo

1.thumb.jpg.abfceebb2de8fbf92b2b87bbb0e6d460.jpg

I just find it weird how VS went from making karolina such a big deal to just brushing her all the way off. She was always prioritized before Adriana even but as soon as Gisele left that went out the window. Now people call her underrated as if she was treated like doutzen all the time.

I don't think it would be "fair" if a new angel also opened neither, but I mainly think Candice will be opening because an angel that is coming back to the runway, especially an angel people are going to obviously be excited to see, will always open the show. Its not really that it would be fair, its what happens for models that are show openers. Candice opened more than once, so she is one. I think Joe was put on the poster just to shake it up. Especially since VS is full of surprises this year. I don't think the poster gave us a clue on who is opening

I don't really care about the SO outfit decision. I mean, I wish Adriana will have the chance to get it one year but I am starting to think she is too old for the outfit LOL. I feel like there is a threshold for how new an angel is to get that outfit. And maybe, how many good things a model has already gotten it because they haven't given it to candice neither. Elsa is getting lucky every year though. Her fans do all that whining leading up to the show and it turns out she got something great lol

6 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Elsa is getting lucky every year though. Her fans do all that whining leading up to the show and it turns out she got something great lol

I don't think its about luck, it's because she is the one that work the most for VS all year since she became an Angel, she do more shoots than the rest of the Angels, she's kinda popular on Ig (about to reach 4 mill) has a huge fanbase and she has been making her way up in HF too this year , so I think she's not lucky, they're just smart.