Bellazon

3 hours ago, diamondtw said:

+ 1

Plus I know we all want to know who's opening and who is doing what, but we shouldn't harassed her with that, it's not her job and it could get her in trouble.

I think this year VS just want to keep the things on the low so more people would tune and we will indeed be surprised, people just keep saying it's get boring when VS just does the same thing over and over again, it also goes with this. The show is 17 days away, we will sure get some updates before show time but otherwise we should just wait and let VS surprises us (even if it would likely suck with them)

Well, the girl can answer that she is not allowed to say it and  that is no  problem (for me). Stilleto_stomper it can do it a little confidential sending a personal message(to me or for another person) and that's it.And so nobody will be disappointed and the surprise is not ruined ;)

I really hope the "Goddess" section is distinctly different from Gilded Angels. I loved the Gilded Angels section, I just think VS needs to find fresher idea's and better differentiate similar themes. And if they are going to do similar segments, spread them out more. I did not really like it when they did 'Ice Angels' two years after 'Snow Angels' and even recycled Adriana's wings on Romee. With their budget and team they should be able to make it different. In addition I think it's silly that VS is opening with a cultural themed section 2 years in a row ... not a good look. 

Porcelain angels better have some sort of actual porcelain in it. If it's all painted fabric and feathers it will be pretty lack luster.

Winter's Tale is the segment I am most excited for. It seems like its gonna be very ethereal and have lots of couture elements! I'm also excited for Punk Angels as well! 

12 minutes ago, sammyangel said:

Winter's Tale is the segment I am most excited for. It seems like its gonna be very ethereal and have lots of couture elements!  

I feel a winters tale is a mix between Snow Angels and Fairy tale with this really flowy, kind of mysterious and celestial vibe to it

If you're looking for distinction between Gilded Angels and Goddesses, I am certain the distinction lies in their headdresses and their wings. Some of the wings in Goddesses look extremely promising, like the dove wings. Some look like a complete rehash, like the golden leaves that reminds me of Sara's flower petal wings in MR. But most look pretty fresh overall. 

The lingerie colors will overlap. In Gilded Angels, they were semi-transparent anyway. One thing about Sophia, I don't think she intentionally recycles her themes every year. She just draws inspiration from her daily life, like Ice and Snow Angels may seem similar, but Snow Angels was much more delicate and sweet looking. Whilst Ice Angel was straight up referencing a girl on ice sports, which explains the weird looking ear muffs. 

A Winter's Tale will be referencing fantasy, so the wings will look a bit more whimsical I guess. 

Also, I'd say don't put your hopes up for Porcelain. It doesn't seem like VS wants to make a big deal out of it, and is treating it like a filler segment to appease the Asian audience. Reason why I said it is that a model I had high hopes to walk in the segment won't be walking on the reasoning that she's not ethnic looking enough. I'm guessing Porcelain will be downplayed a looot. 

The problem with Sophia is this, she doesn't have a vision of her own. She knows which artisan is good with what sort of work and let's that dictate the themes. These artisans have a signature style and in essence the wings every year end up looking similar ... 

Todd used to come up with a more distinct vision and made sure the artisans contributed to his vision. Not the other way around. 

VS needs to hire a better creative lead if they can't bring back Todd, Sophia seems to be one trick pony ...

8 minutes ago, nuttyfeet said:

The problem with Sophia is this, she doesn't have a vision of her own. She knows which artisan is good with what sort of work and let's that dictate the themes. These artisans have a signature style and in essence the wings every year end up looking similar ... 

you are so right. They hold themselves back before they can even create unique themes. Sophia has the same artisans in mind each time. the show will never truly evolve if they keep this up!

Sophia places a lot of emphasis in the artisan's style. Time after time she's been pushing about the awareness of letting the designers do what they want. It's a very holistic approach in my opinion, its like how you'd say combining Psychology in a world of medicine like how Sophia is combining personal designs in to fashion. This is one thing she's good at, and fashion is all about personal style.

I don't mind if they dropped Sophia for another person, I think she's been with the show for about 5-7 years now. But I don't want Todd back, when Todd was around, wings were scarce and you can really tell which outfits were fillers and which weren't. My impression is Todd hates models of color with a passion, even outside of VS, Todd only dotes on the angels' outfit. It's a bit more inclusive now. 

Well, having the idea of making a small collaboration with Oliver and Balmain, why not do it every year with a different designer? .Since the first years I followed the VS show I had that little '' Fantasy '' :that some day an experienced and renowned designer will collaborate  in the creation of one or two outfits.
I don't know, maybe the next year can be Peter Dundas (former designer of Pucci and Cavalli) or  (fantasizing too much) with John Galliano?

29 minutes ago, sammyangel said:

you are so right. They hold themselves back before they can even create unique themes. Sophia has the same artisans in mind each time. the show will never truly evolve if they keep this up!

Exactly this is what I was trying to say but couldn't articulate properly. 

I want them to replace Sophia with someone who has a distinct sense of style, because under her supervision there are 10% wings/outifts are probably spectacular (only because the artisans are mini genius's ) and the rest are fabulous ....but 40% of the wings and looks pure fillers and afterthought. 

When Todd worked we only had 10% filler/ ok outfits/looks and rest everything was beautiful and cohesive. 

I don't want Todd back I don't even want to get into the racial aspect of it... But it's not wrong to say that Victoria Secret fashion show isn't what it used to be because there is some truth to it when you come down to the outfits... There is no dearth of talented artisans but to have a compromised vision to accommodate the same artisans again and again is just plain lazy.... A real creative head would find artisans who fulfill your vision and bring what you have in mind to reality. 

3 minutes ago, Limapoel said:

Well, having the idea of making a small collaboration with Oliver and Balmain, why not do it every year with a different designer? .Since the first years I followed the VS show I had that little '' Fantasy '' :that some day an experienced and renowned designer will collaborate  in the creation of one or two outfits.
I don't know, maybe the next year can be Peter Dundas (former designer of Pucci and Cavalli) or  (fantasizing too much) with John Galliano?

Highly likely because the creative team vs has right now is unoriginal, derivative and indolent .....so for them to have a whole segment taken care of by a better designer would be a relief as well as publicity ! 

3 minutes ago, Limapoel said:

They have already started w/ Nikola Formichetti for Pink last year. Maybe Jeremy Scott collab w/ Pink?

Yes please at Galliano but thats far fetched.

Sarah Burton (McQueen) 

Guo Pei

Donatella Versace??

5 minutes ago, nuttyfeet said:

Exactly this is what I was trying to say but couldn't articulate properly. 

I want them to replace Sophia with someone who has a distinct sense of style, because under her supervision there are 10% wings/outifts are probably spectacular (only because the artisans are mini genius's ) and the rest are fabulous ....but 40% of the wings and looks pure fillers and afterthought. 

When Todd worked we only had 10% filler/ ok outfits/looks and rest everything was beautiful and cohesive. 

I don't want Todd back I don't even want to get into the racial aspect of it... But it's not wrong to say that Victoria Secret fashion show isn't what it used to be because there is some truth to it when you come down to the outfits... There is no dearth of talented artisans but to have a compromised vision to accommodate the same artisans again and again is just plain lazy.... A real creative head would find artisans who fulfill your vision and bring what you have in mind to reality. 

Want Charlotte than Todd to be brought back. Her and Sophia. 3 segments each.