Bellazon

Really pissed me off in that video where one girl who walks with a fierce face, not smiling and being silly, just sexy. And then Coco complains and says "this is vs, you should make everyone want to be your best friend". HELL NO. This is whats ruining VS. Me, as a viewer want to envy the models and see them as some sort of godess. Otherwise theyre just average, you know.

But it's a fact that VS doesn't want you to pout and do bitch faces when you go on the runway. They've stopped enforcing that stone cold sexy vibe. Smiling doesn't make you any less sexy, VS wants you to be playful sexy. They want their models to look approachable and be approached. I personally don't want another Gisele or Naomi back in there. Give me a Tyra instead, someone who smiles and walks just as fiercely. 

17 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

But it's a fact that VS doesn't want you to pout and do bitch faces when you go on the runway. They've stopped enforcing that stone cold sexy vibe. Smiling doesn't make you any less sexy, VS wants you to be playful sexy. They want their models to look approachable and be approached. I personally don't want another Gisele or Naomi back in there. Give me a Tyra instead, someone who smiles and walks just as fiercely. 

I'm with you on this one.

But also I agree when y'all saying everyone does themselves their own way, but I personally prefer a more lively model on the VS runway, rather than a stone cold faced one. I didn't like Bella last year, for example. She looked off and like she was just not having fun. Also, I think it depends on the mood and music of the segment too.

35 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

I'm with you on this one.

But also I agree when y'all saying everyone does themselves their own way, but I personally prefer a more lively model on the VS runway, rather than a stone cold faced one. I didn't like Bella last year, for example. She looked off and like she was just not having fun. Also, I think it depends on the mood and music of the segment too.

Every time I see some VS IG post talking about how they hate VS now because we have more models smiling and less models staring fiercely in to the camera, I'm like... what the hell. VS has never been a place for a stone cold killer model. That's what made VS stand out, because they don't tell you to put on a bitch face. Can you imagine how many models pout or poker face in HF? VS doesn't want another HF party going on. It's a lingerie party, its sexy, sensual, probably you wanna go home and bang with your beau after the show. Who wants to watch some moody face strut in lingerie then we'd go "welp. That was interesting." You want pouts? Look at Zuri Tibby and Bella Hadid. There, that's what a pout looks like. 

Good that VS used to be a stone cold killer fashion, let's keep up with the times and accept VS as a playful, fashion party now.

@PastaFreak Gisele was never the smiling type on the VS runway either though. There were actually lots of models in the early shows that looked very serious and the difference between then and now is huge. I think the whole atmosphere started changing after the 2006 show... Then it became all about smiling and pouting, blowing kisses and whatnot. I personally think you couldn't of said it better that we should accept VS as the playful fashion party now but imo that's what makes it look way less interesting. It doesn't have that oomph anymore, the classic VS atmosphere is gone and that's what I think that person was trying to say.

3 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

@PastaFreak Gisele was never the smiling type on the VS runway either though. There were actually lots of models in the early shows that looked very serious and the difference between then and now is huge. I think the whole atmosphere started changing after the 2006 show... Then it became all about smiling and pouting, blowing kisses and whatnot. I personally think you couldn't of said it better that we should accept VS as the playful fashion party now but imo that's what makes it look way less interesting. It doesn't have that oomph anymore, the classic VS atmosphere is gone and that's what I think that person was trying to say.

People glamorize serious models, but we really only had a few models whom were serious. And I get where the perception of stone cold killer faces came from. A lot of VS angels from the earlier days are serious faces, like Gisele and Adriana in their early years of VS career. But they started smiling too, Adriana became playful even. Going by that, we really only had a few models whom I can think of that weren't smiling ie: Anja Rubik.

Even the infamous Naomi smirked the tiniest bit on the runway. And VS never gave me the association with serious models, I memorize every show's models from the outfits and their facial features. My point is, if serious is what you need to make a model or the show stand out, then the show isn't achieving what it wants to achieve. The highlight of VSFS are the models and the FB. The lingerie collection isn't that important anymore as far as I can tell. Case in point, I totally get it when people say they miss the serious vibes, but its another thing to say "Naw, VS is going down cause they don't employ serious models."

29 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

People glamorize serious models, but we really only had a few models whom were serious. And I get where the perception of stone cold killer faces came from. A lot of VS angels from the earlier days are serious faces, like Gisele and Adriana in their early years of VS career. But they started smiling too, Adriana became playful even. Going by that, we really only had a few models whom I can think of that weren't smiling ie: Anja Rubik.

Even the infamous Naomi smirked the tiniest bit on the runway. And VS never gave me the association with serious models, I memorize every show's models from the outfits and their facial features. My point is, if serious is what you need to make a model or the show stand out, then the show isn't achieving what it wants to achieve. The highlight of VSFS are the models and the FB. The lingerie collection isn't that important anymore as far as I can tell. Case in point, I totally get it when people say they miss the serious vibes, but its another thing to say "Naw, VS is going down cause they don't employ serious models."

I can't say I fully disagree with the fact that VS is going down because they don't employ serious models, but VS used to be a brand loved by young women, now it seems that they're trying to appeal to a much younger audience, teens and college kids. Nothing wrong with that, but for some (or a lot it seems) people that's not what VS is. I don't know how long you've been a fan of VS or have been following their shows? I don't remember when I found out about VS but I remember being so impressed and like many other girls all over the world fantasising about how amazing it would be to be a part of that brand, that iconic brand known for their lingerie, beautifully done shows and amazing music. There are so many things that come to mind for me when I hear classic VS. It was something that people looked forward to every year, it was part of the whole holiday spirit and atmosphere. Nowadays it still is a big part of the holidays, but the impact of it just seems different. Now you see tons of teenage girls standing outside screaming for their favorite models, that was just not happening back in the day. There were no teens to be seen near a VS show because it simply wasn't that. 

About the "seriousness", I never saw Gisele smiling on the VS runway. Adriana became playful because VS changed and told her to be. Not because she suddenly felt like pointing her finger at the camera, jumping up and down like she did at the 2007 show and blowing kisses. For me, even though I'm still very young and in my early 20s, that just doesn't scream like a tasteful show. Like you said before, it really is a "party" nowadays, and not a good one at that. I think it's pretty sad that a lot of people just follow what's happening with VS purely for pleasure and to get a good laugh out of it instead of actually being interested in the show itself, the models, the lingerie. A lot has changed and not for the better imo.

Yall need some good in your lives and start appreciating the goddess that was Gisele on the runway, same for Naomi, none of the girls they've cast or contracted in like the past decade can hold a candle next to those two. Smiling is okay tho, Adriana and Alessandra (until 2006) and Karolina  always, always managed to be sexy, yet smiley, Candice is does it too. Problem is when they start pointing and doing weird shit and I'm just like ... is she having a seizure?

Also, shut up Coco, you've never worked for VS, shut your damn mouth because no one cares about your inexperienced opinion, honestly I've given this a lot of thought but I cannot find a single reason why they'd make a model who has literally never done a lingerie shoot/show coach these ladies o.o. I don't want them to be my besties, I want them to sell me those bras and panties.