Bellazon

5 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

You mean her BF? He’a a musican.

BTW, is Taylor still dating Hair Gel?

I’m talking about Jo having a benefactor or at least an admirer with influence. Kinda like it was said that a producer had a crush on the actress who played Katrina on Sleepy Hollow so that’s why her character got inexplicably way more focus in a latter season at the expense of other characters.

28 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I’m talking about Jo having a benefactor or at least an admirer with influence. Kinda like it was said that a producer had a crush on the actress who played Katrina on Sleepy Hollow so that’s why her character got inexplicably way more focus in a latter season at the expense of other characters.

Oh ok :rofl: Jo isn’t getting much love around here :p 

Someone check Hamish’s place and computer. Does he worship Josephine? :laugh:

Also, they should never pair Josephine and Jasmine together for any segments. I know they are supposed to be friends in real life but that doesn’t mean that the dynamic will work on-screen. Jasmine just stays quiet and lets Josephine do the talking for the both of them. I would pair Martha and Josephine because Martha can actually take charge and even talks over Josephine so Josephine shuts the hell up and listens.

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looks like she's the new victim of BZ's hate cycles :rofl::rofl: 

Elsa was the previous cycle, wasn't she? :rofl: 

I can’t keep track anymore (seriously) :nicole: 

I think Jo overcompensates by being extra giddy and energetic bc she naturally looks like she is about to bawl or ugly cry at any moment :ninja: 

For anyone who wants the PINK song: Jane Zhang - Work For It 808 Dust My Shoulders Off Medley (VSFS 2017).mp3

I don't remember who mentioned the song in PINK reminded them of Tomorrowland, but I just found out Jane was at Tomorrowland last year and she performed the song she did in PINK :rofl: Also, she is the singer in all those Hulu commercials :p  So we had the Nationwide Insurance guy and the Hulu chick performing this year. I hope they have Flo from Progressive or The Gieco Gecko for next year :D

23 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

For anyone who wants the PINK song: Jane Zhang - Work For It 808 Dust My Shoulders Off Medley (VSFS 2017).mp3

I don't remember who mentioned the song in PINK reminded them of Tomorrowland, but I just found out Jane was at Tomorrowland last year and she performed the song she did in PINK :rofl: Also, she is the singer in all those Hulu commercials :p  So we had the Nationwide Insurance guy and the Hulu chick performing this year. I hope they have Flo from Progressive or The Gieco Gecko for next year :D

YAAAS @PinkCouture I'VE BEEN RAPING THE REWIND BUTTON ON VS' WEBSITE AND NOW I DON'T HAVE TO. 

Just watched it. 

I think this was easily one of the worst since they started televising it in 2001. And also perhaps the most maddening of them all, for me. Because there was actually a TON of potential for this to be great. 

What killed this for me was ... 

The Bad: 

- THE EDITING. Honestly, it was nothing short of embarrassing. There wasn't a single shot that I could find that lasted more than 3 seconds. And the jump cuts didn't even stay on the same model; it would spend 2 seconds on the model approaching the end of the runway, for example a closeup of her outfit. Then would immediately cut to a closeup of the model behind her's outfit! Just so completely amateur and chaotic. Aside from Candice's opening, I can't think of a single example of the camera actually allowing us to properly see a model's WALK. Karlie was in two segments and there were zero extended or full-length shots of her walking. Insane. Why even take a model's walk into consideration if you're not going to actually show it?! Please, just look at the 2003 show - at Naomi Campbell's segments. This is how it should be done. 

- THE MUSIC. It's time to move away from musical performers and go back to the dj remix sets. I love Harry Styles, I think he's sexy and charming and actually enjoy his solo album and I felt like his songs were the best fit, really. But STILL - it just is too distracting, taking away from the models. All of the rest of the music did not go well at all. There used to be epic moments where the music would change slightly for the model to announce their entrance. Think about how epic it was when Tyra came out to "Rockstar" by N.E.R.D (2003 show). That was in the middle of a segment and the music changed to mark her entrance. This truly gives the models a chance to SHINE and there were none of those in this year's show. 

- THE CHEEEEEEESE. This was the cheesiest, most cringe-worthy thing I've seen in a long time. The Kung Fu segment was ridiculous. All of the endless prattling on about how this is the biggest opportunity of their lives and "such a dream come true" and blah blah blah. It's just soooo basic and stupid. It makes all these women sound like airheads, and I know that's absolutely not what they are. It's also like they've instructed every model in this show to have the identical personality. They all have to be cutesy, flirty, coquettish, young, chirpy and ditzy. That's it. There's no room for any diversity of personality. ZERO authenticity. 

- TOO. MUCH. CONTENT. There were far too many models and far too many outfits. They only have 42 minutes of showtime, and a bunch of that is filled with the idiocy of the aforementioned segments and screentime taken by the musical performers. So they only gave each model about 6 seconds of time per outfit (some were probably less, to be honest). They had so many for the Balmain collab that they had to send the models out in pairs! Suuuuuch a fail!! 

Ok, now with all of that being said, I am probably most frustrated because I think this show had the opportunity to be really wonderful. What follows is...

The Good:

- THE MODELS. Yes, I think there were too many of them, but they ALL looked incredibly beautiful. The hair and makeup was stunning. Their bodies looked so fit and skin was glowing. The smiles were beautiful. And most significantly, THE DIVERSITY!! It was so refreshing and awesome to see so many different nationalities represented. 

- THE OUTFITS. Again, there were too many of them. But there were some truly gorgeous ones. I actually liked the Balmain collab much better in motion than I thought I would. And the Porcelain section was absolutely beautiful. I loved the outfits in Nomadic Adventure, as well. Like, honestly it was all just fantastic. Slightly difficult to really see, due to all the quick cuts and such ... but I digress. 

FINAL VERDICT. 4/10 Sooooooo yeah. I mean, This is the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. It ain't difficult or complicated - the concept is as follows: today's biggest models walking the runway in wildly designed and elaborated lingerie. And this year had fabulous models in beautiful outfits. It SHOULD have been a killer year. But basically it failed in every other regard and, thus, FAILS overall.

I liked these.  I haven't seen it outside of BZ photos though.

3t679Qlj_o.jpg7qnZxBz5_o.jpgX7irYUnv_o.jpghTZOp3EY_o.jpg

Most of the costumes come across as somewhat unoriginal and over-done (the models are also covered up too much, wearing too many distractions).  The aesthetic sense is off. VS is getting long on the tooth.

Seems like they underutilized the modeling talent. 

Finally watched it ! (took me long enough)

General impression : it's messy, it looks unprepared 

more specifics :

I don't like the huge venue, it kills the fashion part, it's a concert with models. It's suppose to be the other way around

I liked the songs in general

I always like in-between segment with the girls talking

Forgot that Martha and Stella were Angels

Candice opening was fierce, I don't think she looked bored, it fitted the music and the theme.

The fall, seriously, we can barely see the outfits and we spend so much time on the fall it's sad

I liked goddesses the most, even though it was not closing material. And punk because of the jackets :p 

What's with so many girls in the Punk segment ? It's sooooo confusing

A LOT of Josephine, I love her, but I agree, it's not the Josephine show

Not many outstanding outfits, a lot a "fill the blank" outfit.

Romee is really growing on me, in motion she stands out much more than picture, that was a nice surprise for me

Loooove Alexina, she's my new crush

So in the end : I'd like the next one to be a smaller venue, less girls, less outfits but more spectacular