Bellazon

23 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Where did you hear that?

I think it was back in the 2013 thread for the show or on social media like Tumblr or Instagram. Sadly I can't remember the true source or if someone made it up and I was a fool who believed it.

36 minutes ago, breakneckspeed said:

I think it was back in the 2013 thread for the show or on social media like Tumblr or Instagram. Sadly I can't remember the true source or if someone made it up and I was a fool who believed it.

You're not a fool for believing it :rofl: I mean there are so many blogs or social media pages who call themselves "reliable sources" out there and sometimes the fake ones can look real so. A medieval theme would be really fun though, if done correctly of course... But I definitely think it has potential :smile: 

7 hours ago, breakneckspeed said:

I heard they initially proposed a GoT/medieval themed segment for the 2013 show. 

That would certainly go well in my book:Angel:plus, in 2013 that would have been a nice move since GOT was surging in popularity big time and is extremily young-skewing. Plus, Warner owns HBO and CBS and Warner own TheCW together so they have a good relationship. But I don't see it happening..

8 hours ago, breakneckspeed said:

@breakneckspeed It wasn't for the 2013 show, but the 2012 show. It was supposed to be like a princesses/knights/fairytale type of segment in which aspects of Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty etc were to be used but Todd had it cut due to copyrights with Disney etc. So Angels in Bloom ended up replacing it. Also, the Fantasy Bra was supposed to be for that segment I heard. 

@*Luna* @gotportugal @ceceshores There actually was supposed to be a GoT/medieval segment but it was for the 2012 show :smile: it was called "Once Upon A Time" and it got cut due to copyright infringement and was replaced with Angels in Bloom (which is why you rarely see any Angels in Bloom sketches for the show other than the FB). Ale's Floral Fantasy Bra was also supposed to be for that segment but I heard they redesigned it last minute months before the show to fit the floral/bloom theme which explains a lot actually. Here's the sketch for the Once Upon A Time segment.

IMG_0826.JPG

31 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

@AngelAshley94 Wow, thanks so much for that picture and the explanation! I've never seen that sketch before... It looks really nice, in my opinion. Do you know if there are more sketches? :D 

@*Luna* You're very welcome! and unfortunately that is the only sketch of the segment that was leaked :sad: such a pity because I think if executed well, it would've been a really amazing segment.  Serkan Cura, designer for VS, mentioned that they had wings that resembled a spinning wheel like from Sleeping Beauty, Swarovski wings that were supposed to represent Cinderella and a 10 ft long Red cloak for Little Red Riding Hood that would've closed the whole show...I'd really love to see the designs for them

6 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

@*Luna* You're very welcome! and unfortunately that is the only sketch of the segment that was leaked :sad: such a pity because I think if executed well, it would've been a really amazing segment.  Serkan Cura, designer for VS, mentioned that they had wings that resembled a spinning wheel like from Sleeping Beauty, Swarovski wings that were supposed to represent Cinderella and a 10 ft long Red cloak for Little Red Riding Hood that would've closed the whole show...I'd really love to see the designs for them

Damn! That does sound amazing. Who knows, maybe someday they'll use those designs... But I don't want to get my hopes up :rofl: 

I'm always surprised by the differences between Todd & Jane's drawings. Todd's drawings were usually a bit more ... cartoony if that's the right word whilst Jane's drawings usually were more modernized and proportionate. Yet, Todd's drawings were the ones that really came to life most of the time, while 60% of Jane's drawings undergoes a drastic change, like the wings or the costume.

A pity because Jane had the imagination but Todd knew what it takes to bring a drawing/costume to life. 

20 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

I'm always surprised by the differences between Todd & Jane's drawings. Todd's drawings were usually a bit more ... cartoony if that's the right word whilst Jane's drawings usually were more modernized and proportionate. Yet, Todd's drawings were the ones that really came to life most of the time, while 60% of Jane's drawings undergoes a drastic change, like the wings or the costume.

A pity because Jane had the imagination but Todd knew what it takes to bring a drawing/costume to life. 

I actually prefer Todd's drawings since they were very old fashioned and like you mentioned, when brought to life, they were INCREDIBLE. Jane's is alright but sometimes it can come across as way too cutesy and not sexy like Todd's earliest designs. They should do what they did in 2013 (the last good or decent show IMO) and have Todd AND Jane work on the designs together again.

25 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

I actually prefer Todd's drawings since they were very old fashioned and like you mentioned, when brought to life, they were INCREDIBLE. Jane's is alright but sometimes it can come across as way too cutesy and not sexy like Todd's earliest designs. They should do what they did in 2013 (the last good or decent show IMO) and have Todd AND Jane work on the designs together again.

I like Jane's drawings better because it's not really her fault that the sketches don't come to life. Sophia was the one in control of what gets added and taken away from the drawing. Todd at times loves to leave his drawings incomplete, while Jane really painted down the details on the sketches. I have not seen an artist who could really imagine and make an outfit look good, some examples include Maria Borges and Cindy Bruna's costume concept from TRA. It's a pity she can't design costumes, otherwise I think she'd have a degree of say in what stays and what doesn't. 

4 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Serkan Cura, designer for VS, mentioned that they had wings that resembled a spinning wheel like from Sleeping Beauty, Swarovski wings that were supposed to represent Cinderella and a 10 ft long Red cloak for Little Red Riding Hood that would've closed the whole show...I'd really love to see the designs for them

Thank you for the information and sketch! All of this sounds amazing and I wish they could find a way to make some version of this work. Surely there has to be a way but it might involve too much creativity for this team. 

15 hours ago, ceceshores said:

Really? I wonder why they didn't go with it and haven't since then. It's something they haven't done.

Honesly if they (and I pray they do) a GOT segment I hope Elsa gets a Cersei inspired outfit, mostly because she has the best resting bitch face and everyone hates her nowdays, it will be so good :rofl:  but then again she passes better as a Targaryen.

VS may not have gotten permission to do this tho, same with the long overdue Disney inspired segment. I'm sure VS would have done a Disney inspired segment by now if they had the permission to, but I can see why Disney would be like NOPE.

Disney markets itself as a family friendly entertainment giant (movies, theme parks, character merchandise, etc). They're all over the globe and are more recognizable than the adult/erotic themed Halloween costumes, which are only around during Halloween season. 

Disney would NEVER want their properties to be associated with VS due to their "sexual" marketing. 

Besides, VS is too cheap to pay for the rights to a Disney themed segment or even some Disney inspired elements. Disney would want a pretty big paycheck; they paid $4 billion to buy Star Wars from Lucasfilm in 2012. Sure these are two different scenarios, a Disney themed segment vs rights to an entire franchise, but it goes to show that Disney would want a huge paycheck in exchange. 

I have heard that Disney is ruthless when they go after people. (Jokes about Mickey Mouse’s pimp hand.) Maybe those adult costume sellers are too small-time for them?

But could Disney really sue VS if they did a segment that was inspired by Disney? A super long red cloak is different enough from Little Red Riding Hood’s outfit that people would get the reference but it would not be a direct copy.

@Sanni, you're right. The adult costume sellers are too small for them. Plus it's a waste of time when it's only a temporary thing.

Disney could sue VS if they made a shell bra like Ariel's from The Little Mermaid (even though the Disney version is different than the Danish original) or Tinkerbell wings. 

Disney doesn't have the property rights to Little Red Riding Hood so it's fair game. Plus VS did a red riding hood look in 2009 with lindsay ellingson. 

I think the issue with a Disney theme is how similar the outfits will look. If the outfit looks too close to a disney princess' look, there's a higher probability that VS will get sued. I don't think VS would want to take that chance and use a big portion of their show budget just to make Ariel bras or corsets that look like the dress of Elsa from Frozen. 

Good point about Little Red Riding Hood! Grimms’ fairy tales and Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tales would be up for grabs as they are so old.

But even if they did something like this, I’m not sure they could get sued. You can see the inspiration, key motifs, but it’s obviously very different from the Disney costume: