Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

1 hour ago, secretlife2000 said:

@Marsnoop All your points were so accurate!! I honestly share the same opinion that VS was super instrumental to Adri and Ale’s name recognition, like the fact that they were regulars on morning shows etc and events rlly gave them exposure. Another thing would be that their style of walking and charisma stood out most in VS (esp Adri), although they clearly do well in HF when given the opportunity. I also agree with the whole relatability thing which they both lack (not just physically but they don’t release music and the like). Hahah I never thought about it that way but you’re absolutely right, they can just buy the covers themselves and might even be doing these magazines a favor!! That could also be why they’re not exactly hurting for jobs, they know their worth and don’t have to do every single opportunity if it doesn’t pay well. 

Adri also has the icon factor, she’s not someone you forget. Even when the Natalia Vodianovas of the industry and baby face era models came along sometime in the 2000s, I’d say she has a more lasting impression than them. Even people that don’t follow her online or have not seen a VS show will probably know her name. She’s a classic

Exactly. Adriana is seen as actually Iconic. She just isn't a successful model, she actually made her mark. And @lucyford is right that it wasn't until covid, she slowed up. Which is understandable because for some reason Adriana just has to live in Miami. The others made sure to live in NYC, thats where you have to be. Also, Irina would be out in NYC with no mask during its shut down, so she didn't take it as seriously as Adriana clearly was. The pandemic has shifted things for alot of people, but Adriana is clearly motivated and I think she is trying to make some moves. We will see later, as we always do. Adriana always drops new work when we don't expect it.

I agree, we shouldn't be surprised if sooner or later a new thing drops because she has traveled during covid at least 3 times to my knowledge. And i would assume those were work trips considering the world situations. I kind of think if it weren't for her daughters and Marko also being located in Miami, she would be living in NYC. 

3 hours ago, lucyford said:

I agree, we shouldn't be surprised if sooner or later a new thing drops because she has traveled during covid at least 3 times to my knowledge. And i would assume those were work trips considering the world situations. I kind of think if it weren't for her daughters and Marko also being located in Miami, she would be living in NYC. 

I think she really loves Miami, like she said once, it's the place that makes her remember a bit of Bahia

57 minutes ago, Sophie20 said:

I think she really loves Miami, like she said once, it's the place that makes her remember a bit of Bahia

Yes i think she likes it too I am not trying to say she hates it there. Or that she even likes NY better. But i do recall her saying she misses living in NY a couple years ago. And work for models is of course centered in NY. Most of her US work trips are to NY. Living in NY would mean being away from her daughters less when working if they lived there with her. And also prob more work opportunities for herself. But since she is divorced, it would be a bit of a selfish move on her end to get up and move with her daughters and have them separated from Marko. In a way, she is tied down to stay in Miami for the sake of her daughters

Lol no, Barbara is just another girl who people thought would be a big thing, "the next Adriana" and she wasn't, the same was said about Sara Sampaio and many ither girls yet none of them can hold a candle to Adriana career wise. And Barbara is again, a girl who has benefitted a lot from her famous relationships, these days it's almost like she can't book a job that doesn't include her boyfriend, I sort of expect him to even show up in the VS shoots now :ninja: by the time Adriana was Barbara's age she was a household name already.

Adriana hasn't always made the smartest career choices IMO, but the one thing that she has is that she's always been firt and foremost, for herself and her own accomplishments which can't be said about most girls these days.

5 hours ago, Clauds said:

Lol no, Barbara is just another girl who people thought would be a big thing, "the next Adriana" and she wasn't, the same was said about Sara Sampaio and many ither girls yet none of them can hold a candle to Adriana career wise. And Barbara is again, a girl who has benefitted a lot from her famous relationships, these days it's almost like she can't book a job that doesn't include her boyfriend, I sort of expect him to even show up in the VS shoots now :ninja: by the time Adriana was Barbara's age she was a household name already.

Adriana hasn't always made the smartest career choices IMO, but the one thing that she has is that she's always been firt and foremost, for herself and her own accomplishments which can't be said about most girls these days.

While I think Adriana did great for herself thus far, she became iconic and not every top model does no matter how much work they book. Even Adriana herself said during that Vogue Arabia interview that she did make some mistakes on her choices for her career. Like, she rejected certain opportunities earlier on that now she realizes she should have taken. Atleast she is aware, she does not lack self awareness and she does have alot of drive. She just likes to handle things her own way still. Like you said, she gonna be for herself. I don't care how much a model benefits from their relationships, it just takes you down some notches, ESPECIALLY when you can see in their work that without their famous partners, they would not be getting the opportunities. Gisele is the only one who actually has the talent to back up all she benefited from (I honestly feel like even without Leo and Tom, she would still be highly highly successful)

Barabra.... She's a pretty girl and has a refreshing full figure. But I don't even know much about her. I think thats how far under the radar she is in terms of career. IDK why because I never looked much at the work that she did get much, so I can't judge if she just isn't talented enough but I do think she isn't the biggest model.

7 hours ago, Clauds said:

Oof you hit the nail on this one...so true tho I just realized she’s more of known for being w Dylan and I don’t rlly see much of her work besides VS & Armani. As for Sara, IMO I never saw it...she also didn’t have Adriana’s height which is a big factor tbh. So much respect for Adri, she really worked her way up

3 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

While I think Adriana did great for herself thus far, she became iconic and not every top model does no matter how much work they book. Even Adriana herself said during that Vogue Arabia interview that she did make some mistakes on her choices for her career. Like, she rejected certain opportunities earlier on that now she realizes she should have taken. Atleast she is aware, she does not lack self awareness and she does have alot of drive. She just likes to handle things her own way still. Like you said, she gonna be for herself. I don't care how much a model benefits from their relationships, it just takes you down some notches, ESPECIALLY when you can see in their work that without their famous partners, they would not be getting the opportunities. Gisele is the only one who actually has the talent to back up all she benefited from (I honestly feel like even without Leo and Tom, she would still be highly highly successful)

Barabra.... She's a pretty girl and has a refreshing full figure. But I don't even know much about her. I think thats how far under the radar she is in terms of career. IDK why because I never looked much at the work that she did get much, so I can't judge if she just isn't talented enough but I do think she isn't the biggest model.

Yeah honestly Gisele and Adriana both just had to learn the ins and outs of the industry through years of experience & trial and error, I imagine it was rlly hard to navigate but they had the talent + loads of star power to take them far. I think even without Leo and Brady, Gisele would still be Gisele...her work was rlly ubiquitous and big name designers adored her (Karl etc). Up until this day, she works with brands like Dior and I feel that she’s rlly one of those supers that will always be around such as the likes of Naomi, Christy, Helena, and the rest of the models in their league that r still in the scene. (Christy doesn’t even like modeling as much but somehow, like Gisele, people will always remember and look for her). 

Yeah I get what you mean w Barbara, her face stands out and is rlly memorable in comparison to the other VS blondes w blue eyes. I’d easily spot her if she’s grouped w Stella, Elsa, and even Romee. I think it’s her work itself that isn’t memorable, I can’t associate her w any brand besides VS unlike Adri who has such a long list of campaigns that people can easily name (Maybelline, Puma, Guess, Superbowl, Miu Miu etc etc). On another note, I think Maybelline might have been one of Adriana’s best career moves

1 hour ago, secretlife2000 said:

Yeah I get what you mean w Barbara, her face stands out and is rlly memorable in comparison to the other VS blondes w blue eyes. I’d easily spot her if she’s grouped w Stella, Elsa, and even Romee. I think it’s her work itself that isn’t memorable, I can’t associate her w any brand besides VS unlike Adri who has such a long list of campaigns that people can easily name (Maybelline, Puma, Guess, Superbowl, Miu Miu etc etc). On another note, I think Maybelline might have been one of Adriana’s best career moves

Yeah, I remember being naive and thinking I wanted to see Adriana with a high end makeup brand like Givenchy, Chanel, Marc Jacobs. But those contracts simply do not last nearly as long (and I don't think they pay as much). In my opinion her being able to stay with Maybelline as long as she already has is another bragging right for her. Only the better models can keep those beauty contracts like that. Adriana's extensive list of work AND memorable work shows that she is an exceptional model.

5 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

Her followers went up some more to 12.7 million..., it wasn't long ago when she went to 12.6

Noticed this too, tbh even if she isn't posting aesthetic pics, she has a lot of fan accounts...and her fan accounts often have tons of followers + likes, I think that might be why her account is still growing in a sense. I also see a lot of tiktoks of Gen Z people that are amazed at how beautiful she is 

I mean I'm not surprised Adriana looks back at her career and sees she made some mistakes, but we all do that, it's part of life. But she's still one the most famous models in the world and probably one of the very few who made it on her own. I also agree Gisele would have made it big without her relationships, particularly because while Tom Brady is huge in the USA, he is literally a nobody everywhere else in the world, me being South American had no idea who he was, I actually first knew him as Gisele's husband :rofl:  and yeah, she's also still scoring covers and campaigns left and right, IMO Adriana and Gisele are the last true supermodels each on their own way.

Adriana chose to be a money girl with VS and Maybelline instead of taking risks and that's also a very respectable choice, she's been financially secure for a long time now and gets to do whatever she wants now while other girls can't say the same. It just sucks for us fans that don't get the diversity we want from her work, but hopefully once things go back to normal we'll see more work from her.

I wonder if Adriana is still collabing with Prive Revaux? In that video from that actor/singer middle eastern guy the other day, he said something about a launch party for his collection in LA with Adriana. And i was confused because why is Adriana supposedly going to his launch party when theres a a bunch of co founders for that brand.

56 minutes ago, lucyford said:

I wonder if Adriana is still collabing with Prive Revaux? In that video from that actor/singer middle eastern guy the other day, he said something about a launch party for his collection in LA with Adriana. And i was confused because why is Adriana supposedly going to his launch party when theres a a bunch of co founders for that brand.

She sent Lily A a PR package for her Prive collection so her collab is probably still ongoing 

3 minutes ago, secretlife2000 said:

She sent Lily A a PR package for her Prive collection so her collab is probably still ongoing 

Right but its still from that same collection she had launched back in like Feb. Wondering if she is working on another collection with them.