Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

@Sophie20 I kinda think she is because I feel that someone was trying to fix her feed today, I'm not quite sure though...I'm hoping she is, it's better than no agency. Just found this online, this article was dated August last year https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/adriana-lima-signs-with-caa-1203234766/ . Also, apparently Ale just dropped IMG for CAA in Jan this year: https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/exclusive-alessandra-ambrosio-signs-caa-1203455493/ . I actually hope we see more work from Ale and Adriana together, I miss seeing them together

@secretlife2000  Same thoughts. I think CAA in general is about appearances and branding. But the fashion sector seems to be growing. Their website says they collaborate with editors, casting directors, photographers, etc.  and that they are now working with KCD, a fashion services agency . so lets hope she is still with them at least 

On 10/27/2020 at 7:46 PM, nhlovesadri said:

1996, the first runway contest Adriana won in Brazil, guess part of the selection for Ford Supermodel of Brazil, that later brought her to the Ford Suprmodel of the World, in the US, where she got 2nd place, and started her career.

nhlovesadri, this video is a gem, is a pure gem ❤️ i loved this but also confused. To my knowledge, Adriana's career started before she won this contest, i have always read that she's started to working at the age 13 but i never found this information very convincing until she herself admitted this in numero magazine interview. I remember at least one of her work before this contest. I believe there was age limit for this kind of contest in Brasil so it was very common to apply after starting a career.

So did you mean winning this contest gave her chance to start a career in U.S.?  I'm asking because i don't know when she moved to U.S.?

And i want to also ask, Do you or any member have submission photographs of adriana for this contest please? 

@patt she did some minor works in local Brazilian stuff, like an eyewear commercial in 1993:

That contest was part of the Ford Supermodel of The World, winning the Brazilian selections, that were this one for her region, Salvador, then the Ford Supermodel of Brazil one:

Maybe there were more intermediate steps in bewteen , idk.

She was admitted to the Gloabl contest with all the winners in NYC. She had to travel to the US for the first time in her life, also the first time she took a plane. She knew 0 English at the time. She ended up 2nd at the Ford Supermodel of the World competition, but in the few days she was in NYC she did other castings there and got selected for many of them, and since then she never stopped.

She is at 2:04 with the black and white polka dots dress, at the NYC contest.

That's how her career started for real, before it was just some beauty contests, local commercials something like that in Brazil.

@nhlovesadri yes nhlovesadri, this sunglasses commercial was the one i remember but i didn't know this contest has linked with U.S.agencies.

So then she started her professional career in new york and her very first runway show must be in U.S. , right? That explains why she has less Brazilian contacts comparing to other famous brazilian models.

11 minutes ago, secretlife2000 said:

@nhlovesadri is it true that Gisele and Adri don’t exactly get along? They don’t follow each other in SM and I heard they don’t interact during events

They aren't close, they haven't seen each other in years really, but from that to say they don't get along I wouldn't say so, never seen proof of that.

I think they were friendly when they worked together but never friends friends. Adriana and Alessandra aren't even that close. They'll hang out if they are at the same things but i have never seen them go out of their way to see each other.  But thats just the way Adriana has always been, wanting to separate work and her outside life. I do not think I have ever seen Adriana make a special trip to see another model except when like Ana Beatriz got married. I think she was dealing other business when she hung out with Lais this year in LA and it seems that is usually how it goes if she happens to hang out with other models outside of work.