Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

To the public...yes it helped her image. BUT to her agency it pissed them off (and it wasn't very secret that it did) they were incredibly outraged, and so was VS...VS seemed to calm down after she retracted it somewhat and etc. DNA never really let it go, it was one of the many reasons she left them in the first place. Don't you think if it was totally false cherrybomb that she would have done what 99% of celebs do when the interviewer messes up and retract the statement in GQ or have them issue a statement. No, she did it some small magazine that MOST people don't know she even "somewhat" retracted it (which she basically didn't)

As for answers being exposed as false...don't you think Lenny would have come forward and called her out, or Estavan, or one of her boyfriends when they could have gotten the fame from it? Hell yea...it would have been headline stories for them. In the A interview she spoke about the GQ thing she specifically says "I'm not saying I am and I'm not saying I'm not" she did NOT deny it, she did basically enough for her agency to get off her ass. Like I said to the public the magazine and publicity did very well, but DNA freaked over the back lash and so did VS

And on the fact that it's absurd she would take it back if she was proud of it...not really, she's proud of her workout and her diet and you seen how she went back on it. She lied outright on TV using the same old, same old "misunderstanding" crap.

Anyway, her morals back it up, her convictions and her other values like I said, the Nun, the fact she's always reading a bible, the fact she still attends Church wherever she's going, and her own FAMILY backs up her claims. Like I said agree to disagree.

Bottom line, do I think Adriana was a virgin when she wed? No, absolutely not. Do I think she was a virgin before Marko? Yes. I do.

Either way she's not anymore, time to move on lol

And Miss, she wasn't speaking about the March visit, she was speaking directly about when she was on "Deal or No Deal" because they showed a clip and she said when she was visiting for that show. Which was in late Jan/Early Feb.

About Adriana not being a household name, it beats me that she isn't. I live in Africa, and when I started seeing her on the Maybelline commercials and I saw her top the list in Askmen, the first person I mentioned her name to told me she knew her. And after that several other people told me they've seen her online or on tv. She's nowhere as famous as say, Heidi in Africa, but people definitely know her face/name. In africa, the only models that are more celebrated than Adriana are Kate, Tyra, Heidi, Naomi. I have cousins and friends in America and Europe that recognize her name and they don't follow the modeling industry whatsoever. She's obviously well known in Brazil and is a hot commodity at Turkey. So I still don't know why she doesn't qualify as a household name lol.

I'm probably not making sense.

Of course I haven't been to every country in Africa, although I've visited many. It might be different in other countries.

You're in Africa!!! Hello its like worse than a 3rd world country. A lot of celebs/models/entertainers are NOT going to be household names. Heidi's <fill in blank with something nicer thanks> is not really household she just has her own tv show like tyra which more people are exposed to than just modeling.

Thread Edited:

If I get in trouble for saying someone's tanned too much and their skin looks leathery you my friend do not get to call someone ass haggy. That's my job and I don't get to do it.. That makes me a sad panda QQ

~ Pretty

Oh and I don't believe that stupid crap that Adriana went on an all liquid diet weeks before a VS show. When the reporter asked her Adriana was adamant it was a misunderstanding and that it was not possible to go just on liquids. The reason I don't believe it is that fact that Adriana probably still has a hard time understanding sentences in English and the press twists words around to cause more publicity for them. Also going on just liquids will sure cause you to get bloated because you're body will retain all that liquid for a while and make you look fatter. I remember a VS backstage vid a long time ago where a reporter had a tray of cupcakes on the day of the VS show and offered the models one and I believe Adriana and only one other Angel I think Karolina grabbed one. Alessandra's <fill in blank with something nicer thanks> looked at the cupcakes in horror. LOL.

Thread Edited:

QQ

~ Pretty

Adriana is pretty big to her countless fans . If Adriana wanted to be more famous-she would be. She has her AMAZING looks and personality. If she was so desperate to be "big", she would've dated famous people or married someone rich and famous. I think she is very family oriented and she doesn't like Papparzzis very much. Could you imagine Adriana hiring Papparazzi to follow her around?No.

I think Adriana fits the stereotypical supermodel image more than any model (Gisele, kate moss). As far as her being famous because of VS. What model who has worked for vs didn't become as famous as they are because if it I think every single angel/model for vs gets about half of their fame because of vs. I think Gisele was just good enough to expand on her own.

But anyways I still think when people don't know much about actual modeling and they hear the word supermodel someone like adriana is more bound to pop up in their heads.

I think people do think of Adriana when they hear the world supermodel, because the definition of it has changed over the years (not that she doesn't look good enough to be one...I think she is the most attractive model there is) but I still believe that the term supermodel is most connected to Gisele (in this day and age and early on ) when people think of Adriana, I think they think of Victoria's Secret, and sure Supermodel when they think of Gisele..whether she is with VS still or not, she is the epitome of a supermodel (in terms of the fashion definition of it) and I'm not saying VS didn't help Gisele become bigger or anything, but it can't be denied she's done more fashion modeling than Adriana, lots more. I don't think that Kate upton is a 'supermodel' either :rofl: I think she will continue to gain popularity because she's so young and has the typical american girl next door look with some big tatas, but I think it will be a different type of recognition. She doesn't mind doing anything she has to in order to gain fame or make a headline. People like that might garner fame, but they become Kardashian like. I would never say adriana is not special anymore :wub: I think she puts VS in front of high fashion modeling, but of course it pays her more.

I think people do think of Adriana when they hear the world supermodel, because the definition of it has changed over the years (not that she doesn't look good enough to be one...I think she is the most attractive model there is) but I still believe that the term supermodel is most connected to Gisele (in this day and age and early on ) when people think of Adriana, I think they think of Victoria's Secret, and sure Supermodel when they think of Gisele..whether she is with VS still or not, she is the epitome of a supermodel (in terms of the fashion definition of it) and I'm not saying VS didn't help Gisele become bigger or anything, but it can't be denied she's done more fashion modeling than Adriana, lots more. I don't think that Kate upton is a 'supermodel' either :rofl: I think she will continue to gain popularity because she's so young and has the typical american girl next door look with some big tatas, but I think it will be a different type of recognition. She doesn't mind doing anything she has to in order to gain fame or make a headline. People like that might garner fame, but they become Kardashian like. I would never say adriana is not special anymore :wub: I think she puts VS in front of high fashion modeling, but of course it pays her more.

Totally agree people dont correlate the name supermodel with work. They think about someone being very beautiful like pretty beautiful, tall, and not fat BUT not all that thin like we see those, what I think, are unattractive too skinny weird gaunt faced looking HF models ( no offense if anyone likes them) and they also picture them rich. And I think Adriana is put into that kind of super model image. Though I actually like Gisele's face, I guess because it's unique and not all that feminine. Kate upton is BLAH to me lol. I don't dislike her nor do I like her. That pretty much goes for any SI model except for Izabel and the red head Brazilian, and ana B. The rest for me aren't "super model" label worthy IMO

Gisele is far more popular than Adriana everywhere and everyone needs to deal with it. I'm a fan of Adriana, huge fan, but her career (or any current model actually) doesn't come even close to Gisele's. Do i think Adriana is prettier/sexier/etc than Gisele? Yes she is, but sadly Adriana has been sitting on her VS contract since 2003 & she has done from little to nothing to expand herself in the last years while Gisele has been working with every major designer, every major photographer and every major magazine for years. Like sick said, just because Justin Bieber is in tabloids right now a lot doesn't mean in 20 years he'll be remembered as "The Great Bieber", heck three years ago the Jonas Brothers were God & now no one cares about them, same applies in modeling, just because Adriana has a nice VS contract & we -her fans- love her doesn't mean that in 20 years the modeling industry & the world will remember her as "The Supermodel" because other than VS & Maybelline she hasn't done something major, even the Super Bowl commercials because that's something that gives you 'fame' only in the US. I honestly think Adriana has all the potential to be a huge but i don't think that's what she wants, she seems to be pretty happy with just VS & some editorials here & then, which sucks because i love it when she does different things

<edited for baiting>

The reality is that if you go out showing pictures of Gisele & Adriana more people will recognize Gisele, there's a reason why the woman gets so many jobs. Because she is popular, she sells & that's why she & Kate Moss are the only models who get relevant covers worldwide these days, because they are recognized by both people in the industry AND mainstream. Like i said Adriana had all the potential to go huge with her career like Gisele or even Heidi did but she decided to relay on VS long-term, just look a Miranda Kerr she started small but she's slowly expanding her business & if she keeps going this way she's going to give Gisele a run for her money.

I love Adriana to dead & she's been my favorite model since ever & I'll take her over Gisele, Kate Moss, etc any day <edited for baiting>

Last 3-5 pages cleaned, edited and certain posts moved.

1. Although it is ok to express your opinions, please do not make comments that are baiting and/or bashing.

2. This is an Adriana Lima thread. Posts regarding other models, celebs, geography, etc. are irrelevant and should not be posted here. If you must have such discussions please find an outlet [off the board] to do so.

Thank you! :rofl:

So who else thinks that her visits to the united nations was about the visit she have Haiti several days ago?

Obviously. But in other news, I hate to bring it here, but still it's a discussion to be had, Serbian media is running wild with the rumors of divorce because of the house in LA that was Marko's being sold that they both said once upon a time that they wanted to keep because of the memories. I'm guessing Adriana spent a lot of time there when her and Marko first started dating. Also because Marko has been home back to Serbia without Adriana or Val on more than one occassion and she went to Brazil (still is there?) with Valentina and Marko didn't go. She has more of an excuse than him because what is he doing? He's not working. If there are any Serbian readers, can you tell us what else is being said?

I guess is not true because Marko posted the picture of val & Dri yesterday & i think they're still in Brazil, i think it's BS because this is not he first timw we have rumors, i remember when she was pregnant with Val they said he was cheating on her & blablabla

I guess is not true because Marko posted the picture of val & Dri yesterday & i think they're still in Brazil, i think it's BS because this is not he first timw we have rumors, i remember when she was pregnant with Val they said he was cheating on her & blablabla

It could be an old picture as in not from yesterday, but the articles said that he wasn't in Brazil with her because he had something else to do. I just wanted to put it out there. She could also be back in Miami already. People have seen Marko in Miami on Twitter.