Bellazon

2018 SI Swimsuit

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

A sign of Macari losing interest? Walter Ioos did the athletes’ shoots only till he disappeared.

I think Walter Iooss just got too old for the travel (he is 74). But you are probably right about Macari: the kind of "powerful" shots they tend to do with the athletes are more similar to his own personal work.

Anyone else think SI kind of already did a fine job of having body 'diversity' already without this massively forced push for it? In issues past there were always girls who were on the more athletic and toned side along with girls who were more thick and bouncy (Kate U, Barbara). 

I think MJ has a deep resentment for models with the slim, amazing bodies cos she's a dumpy thing, I wouldn't be surprised if she's been unhappy in the past because of her own insecurities, which is why she's seemingly trying to cover for the insecurities of 'average' women with the inclusion of women who are just fundamentally overweight for what the magazine should be.

I always thought SI was meant to be a celebration of the best of the best, an ideal that women could idolize and men could fantasize/gawk over.