Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

18 hours ago, ceceshores said:

RE: Next year's segments. When is the last time they did a holiday/Christmas segment? I'm not talking about the snow and ice thing but something like Sexy Santa's Helpers/Sexy Toys/Deck the Halls? It seems like it's been a while. 

I hope they don't do anything in the Exotic Traveler/Boho/The Road Ahead vein because those were all messes. Slapping a bunch of bright colors together does not a good segment make. Some of their more successful themes in recent years are ones that aren't taken so literally or have a simple theme (Aquatic Angels, Silver Screen Angels, Parisian Nights, Angel Ball, etc.) so it would be a nice surprise if they went that route. 

I was thinking the exact same thing!!

Someone suggested a Wizard of Oz type of segment....I think if done right, it could actually look pretty good. Like Alessandra opening the segment as "Dorothy" with ruby swavorski heels?? :wub: Or Candice closing the segment as Glinda the Good Witch with glittery baby pink lingerie, huge white wings and a tiara? Omg SOPHIA PLEASE READ THIS 

6 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

Eragon over HP? she's dead to me, bye Taylor

+1

We had a long run TayTay, but this love affair is over you nasty muggle 

Also dying at Adriana in the Santa Baby video, she just doesn't care about anything :rofl: 

14 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Someone suggested a Wizard of Oz type of segment....I think if done right, it could actually look pretty good. Like Alessandra opening the segment as "Dorothy" with ruby swavorski heels?? :wub: Or Candice closing the segment as Glinda the Good Witch with glittery baby pink lingerie, huge white wings and a tiara? Omg SOPHIA PLEASE READ THIS 

there would be a copyright issues with these kinds of segments.

2 hours ago, Guest heje said:

there would be a copyright issues with these kinds of segments.

You're actually right. I recall in 2010 or 2011? they were gonna have a Princesses and Knights type of segment? (Like fairytale stories) and it got cut because of copyright issues...I forgot which segment they later replaced it but I'll look it up

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 8:39 PM, modellight said:

I think the "it's my time to shine" and "friendly runway walk" needs to go! The fact that average women are now setting up their own "it's my time to shine" shows just cheapens the whole concept. They need to bring back the intimate feeling from the 99-2005 shows when the models would have a killer walk and stare down the camera. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and average women can't replicate the Gisele walk and stare but they can blow kisses. So no more dancing, no finger pointing, no hearts, no blowing kisses, no selfie hand motions, this isn't a strip club!!! Also, straight hair like early VS please and red lips. 

I agree. I think it was Adriana's "fault" that all this blowing kisses and pointing thing became the standard walk. As much as I love her, I think she kinda contributed to the downfall from what Gisele showed us how a catwalk should look like. 

1 hour ago, SG8 said:

I agree. I think it was Adriana's "fault" that all this blowing kisses and pointing thing became the standard walk. As much as I love her, I think she kinda contributed to the downfall from what Gisele showed us how a catwalk should look like. 

Actually it is Tyra's fault. Adriana tries mimic her. It wasn't until Ty-Ty left did Adriana started to ham it up on the run way like an epileptic :/ 

6 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Actually it is Tyra's fault. Adriana tries mimic her. It wasn't until Ty-Ty left did Adriana started to ham it up on the run way like an epileptic ape :/ 

Agreed...Tyra was the only Angel and model who could do that and ever since she left, I don't like how every girl is trying to replicate that. Just have a good walk and that's it...Also I do recall Selita being one of the only angels/models doing that as well (watch the 2005 show...it's just her and Tyra). 

I would love love if they brought back the makeup and hair from the 2008 show! It was so bombshell and gorgeous and I love how they gave the models a choice of straightening their hair (Miranda, Emanuela, Julia etc) or giving them the trademark curly waves. I think red lips should be used for only certain segments, NOT the whole show.

This was the sketch from the segment "Once Upon A Time" that got cut in the VSFS 2012 (I thought it was 2010 or 2011). I read that it was supposed to be like a princesses/knights/fairytale type of segment in which aspects of Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty etc were supposed to be used but Todd had it cut due to copyrights. So Dangerous Liaisons replaced it :D 

IMG_0314.JPG

1 hour ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Agreed...Tyra was the only Angel and model who could do that and ever since she left, I don't like how every girl is trying to replicate that. Just have a good walk and that's it...Also I do recall Selita being one of the only angels/models doing that as well (watch the 2005 show...it's just her and Tyra). 

I would love love if they brought back the makeup and hair from the 2008 show! It was so bombshell and gorgeous and I love how they gave the models a choice of straightening their hair (Miranda, Emanuela, Julia etc) or giving them the trademark curly waves. I think red lips should be used for only certain segments, NOT the whole show.

Tyra was the first one who did more than just walking straight down the runway. But it was more like in a fierce way. She didn't blow kisses or made hearts in the air..that was all Adriana's effort since 2007. In that year she started to exaggerate. I liked her opening in 2006, it was strong, like Tyra was. But since 2007 she overacted. And the other models started to imitate her, even Alessandra..

I sometimes think about how the show would be like if Gisele didn't leave. Would she also blow kisses or would the other girls have stronger walks?!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.