Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

10 minutes ago, bump said:

I watched TRA just for Elsa's opening and I'm actually not disappointed. I really like Elsa, she's one of my favorites but I thought her opening was going to be horrible, just plain out fucked up because of the dragon...but she did awesome!!! and U2!!! I like U2 a lot!!!

My favorite segment ever was Miranda opening PINK in 2007 I think it was because of the song LOL it was "Get Free" by The Vines...

I also loved the Circus one from 2012 I think because of the music, I'm not a huge fan of The Doors or Billy Idol, but I loved that mash up. I want more mash ups!!!

I think Circus was a total mess haha, worst idea ever. 

4 hours ago, Polqu said:

She's the type of mature sexy woman who's hot as hell whom VS will never ever contract or cast for anything.

I think VS make some bad (significantly) choices with some of her models. Like someone has said before, they're trying too hard with all that "make that unknown gir a star" that doesn't work nowadays. IMO Romee's case works as an example, push her so hard, but nobody gives a fuck about her.

I'm going to sound typical but i think (besides I like them or not) they lost her chance to had girls with star power with some of this models: Barbara P(she had/have a huge fan base, was everywhere, etc), with (young) Irina, Rosie (let her go too soon), Maryna Linchuk (time ago when she was HF relevant) or Doutzen (specially known in Europe) Imaan (she had some extraordinary seasons, booking huge campaigns, adds diversity) Sasha Luss (HF killer seasons, edgy look) for example. And, of course most of SI girls who actually had a mature and sexy looks.

LMAO, Rosie let herself go... She really wanted to replace megan fox...

1 hour ago, Ludivine08 said:

You don't have to relate to the older models. THe VS show is full of 20 year young models. It's very usual for VS to have to older angels for a longer period of time. They aren't the centre of attention anymore, the new angels and models get way more time in the commercials and shows and the in between segments. So don't understand why you are so irritated by that. There are only a few of the older models in the show (not like the show is full of them) who would naturrally appeal more to older women; and the 20 something models would appeal to teenagers or early 20 young women. So its not like they are forcing you to like the older models. 

You describe Karolina, Mirand and Rosie, and Doutzen as goddesses but they are also 30-something. And Elsa and Candice are 28, so almost 30. 

Reading your comment it sounds like you think the older models have no shape and no waist. Well a lot of the models of VS have absolutely no shape, except for Candice and Lais. 

Behati became a VS model because she was already really succesfull and was excellent for PINK because she was the girl next door kind of model, she WAS cute and bubbly, later became an angel, some people think she should have stayed ambassador for Pink. 

You sound a bit harsh judging the models.

Sorry if I came across that way, the irritation is more from the sense that this entire show is scattered without a central focus, it's like VS knows it needs to revamp its image, but is scared to go all the way, and being pulled in different creative directions. 

I have nothing against older models at all. Actually, a lot of older models has great proportions. Doutzen would look gorgeous, had she been here. Irina looked great, even pregnant. I miss Miranda and KK in the show as well. And Anne V. They are models who naturally exudes sexiness. I always preferred Izabel Goulart to Alessandra, Ale's 50/50 body ratio always stood out, especially in every finale lineup. It grates, especially when in every casting video VS, it's mentioned that they look for good proportions in a girl. I understand that she must have worked very hard to get to where she is today, and I actually really admire her for that, but at the end of the day, there are tons are models better proportioned. And speaks better English.

Behati is charming, though her body type is one that must maintain a certain weight so that there is no belly bloat......I concur that she's a good HF model

A lot of younger models don't have nice proportions either, that is definitely true.

2 hours ago, MB729 said:

I'm 22 and I couldn't disagree with you more. If anything, The women that actually look like mature, sexy, adult women are the largest draw to the show for me. I don't want to see teenage-looking girls in lingerie because I'm not a teenager nor do I want to look like one or find that appealing. I'd rather aspire to look sexy, fierce, and confident like the Adriana's and Alessandra's of the show. I don't want to see a bunch of girls that look like they should be in high school classes with my little sister. 

As for "no one your age" being attracted Adriana... who do you know?! Genuinely curious, because I don't know a single person in my age group, regardless of gender that isn't attracted to Adriana or doesn't find her beautiful. There's a reason she was the only model in the entire lineup to trend worldwide during the show and trust me, it's not because no one's attracted to her. She's most certainly not the problem with VS. If anything, she IS Victoria's secret and she's holding them together. 

And say what you will about Lady Gaga but two things trended during the show: Adriana Lima and Lady Gaga. No other model, no other performer. And while Lady Gaga's new leaf she's turned may not be as popular as her music of the past (truthfully, I hate it), to say she's not "mainstream" isn't fully accurate. She's still a star in her own right, even if her light's a little dimmer now than before. She's been on a popular TV show with a cult following, she's working on a movie with Bradley Cooper, she has her own cult following, and she's a performer that actually has a genuine love and appreciation of fashion and the creativity of it. She's an entertainer through and through. 

VS has a lot of issues, but Adriana and Lady Gaga weren't either of them. 

Yes, but imo VS needs to feature models who naturally exudes sexiness such as Doutzen, and only this year Irina.

Doutzen is wildly popular in Europe, I see no reason why VS couldn't have kept her and cut one of the others. Or Rosie, Miranda, KK...

These ladies naturally exudes sexiness, while you can tell Ale, Adrianna, and Lily needs to work hard at it. Perhaps they features the latter ladies since it's what their target market wants. If VS seeks to expand their market worldwide, then it needs to do a better job.

Gaga is a star, and I actually like her music lol, but is she the appropriate choice for VS? Her looking at Josephine was just 0.0

I'm Asian, and models such as Miranda and Elsa just sell better in this part of world. You can look on weibo for trends...

2 hours ago, silverstarfish said:

Sorry if I came across that way, the irritation is more from the sense that this entire show is scattered without a central focus, it's like VS knows it needs to revamp its image, but is scared to go all the way, and being pulled in different creative directions. 

I have nothing against older models at all. Actually, a lot of older models has great proportions. Doutzen would look gorgeous, had she been here. Irina looked great, even pregnant. I miss Miranda and KK in the show as well. And Anne V. They are models who naturally exudes sexiness. I always preferred Izabel Goulart to Alessandra, Ale's 50/50 body ratio always stood out, especially in every finale lineup. It grates, especially when in every casting video VS, it's mentioned that they look for good proportions in a girl. I understand that she must have worked very hard to get to where she is today, and I actually really admire her for that, but at the end of the day, there are tons are models better proportioned. And speaks better English.

Behati is charming, though her body type is one that must maintain a certain weight so that there is no belly bloat......I concur that she's a good HF model

A lot of younger models don't have nice proportions either, that is definitely true.

I agree VS show needs to be improved in a lot of ways. The show has no focus at all, because they think more is better, there is not really a concept behind it or whatever you want to call it.

And I actually am of the opinion the older models like Adriana and Ale and especially #BoydbyIza should retire from the VS show, so I am not trying to stick to the past or something. I like seeing new girls, but not all of them, because a lot of them don't stand out but are very generic, but definately have my favourites. 

It just seemed you had this idea about the older versus newer models that is not quite right, although you are entitled to your own opinion of course. A lot of the older models/angels are not that great proportioned, but the newer aren't either. But great proportioned girls perhaps don't have that perfect face or something. There are only a few that got 'the whole package'. 

Also you had the idea that the trend of no waist was of the older generation/Adriana's generation. That is not true, bc when VS started in the 90's it was ALLL about curvy, way more than nowadays. And after that Doutzen came and was considered curvy because she was fuller and Candice had her obvious curves. The stright up down shape with no waist has always been a plague to the fashion industry in general btw. 

The long debate about models, lol. But I have to agree about one thing, that models like Elsa sell the brand better to the the Asian crowd. Someone like Adriana would have less influence in the Asian market because her features are much more sultry and bombshell while Elsa attracts the eyes of Asian viewers, because her features are much more exotic, soft yet still sufficient enough to maintain a sexy vibe. Even Alessandra and Josephine to that extent.

Alessandra and Adriana are the best two comparisons you have. Adriana is the bombshell, and Alessandra is your timeless beauty. Even on stage, Adriana had always have more presence than Alessandra. But Alessandra always stood out more as the feminine, gorgeous one. Not saying either one is unattractive, it's just that a VS model with softer features yet capable of maintaining a sexy vibe will capture the attention of Asians much so than the typical bombshells you'd consider is the standards in the Western world.

Adriana, Stella, Martha, Lily and maybe, Lais will not capture the eye of Asians. Someone like Taylor will be a massive hit with the Asian crowd tho.

I guess it just falls down to the perception of beauty in Asian culture. There are times where I like Adriana, because she can really capture your attention, but it doesn't mean she's always the best standard of what VS can present. Even if she had the largest fanbase, Adriana is still very situational beauty. And the same is for Candice. Each model has her own personal attraction. But at the end of the day, the Western and Asian crowd have very different standards of beauty. 

05 was the best show imo. It had everything. 03 was also very nice but 05 was more aesthetically pleasing ^^ and more variety. 06 it started leaving the sexy, dirty vibe :/

I think most people on here are waiting hopefully for VS to return to what it used to be.

In the latest shows, 2014 was probably the best, segment with Ed Sheeran was fucking garbage though.

6 minutes ago, elfstone said:

I want to askeveryone here; What was the last great VS show according to you?

Since its well estabished IMO that the show sucks lately :ninja:

2010 was the last great show; show had good energy, after that it becomes boring with borings songs, low energy and repetative. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.