Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

9 minutes ago, freevsangel said:

Why is VS going to want older viewers when the lingerie they sell are for a younger target? I mean i dont see people over 50 wearing VS anymore (maybe before the 2010, but not now)

People over 50 need lingerie too. 

7 minutes ago, freevsangel said:

Why is VS going to want older viewers when the lingerie they sell are for a younger target? I mean i dont see people over 50 wearing VS anymore (maybe before the 2010, but not now)

The 18-49 demographic is crucial because they have the most disposable income and ability to make multiple purchases over and over again. A 16 year old most likely doesn't have a career allowing the type of income that allows frequent shopping. I would even push it as far as 30-45 is a crucial demographic considering many 18-29s are underemployed or unemployed these days.

4 minutes ago, modellight said:

The 18-49 demographic is crucial because they have the most disposable income and ability to make multiple purchases over and over again. A 16 year old most likely doesn't have a career allowing the type of income that allows frequent shopping. I would even push it as far as 30-45 is a crucial demographic considering many 18-29s are underemployed or unemployed these days.

the most crucial is 18-49, then 18-34 and then 25-54

3 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

The long debate about models, lol. But I have to agree about one thing, that models like Elsa sell the brand better to the the Asian crowd. Someone like Adriana would have less influence in the Asian market because her features are much more sultry and bombshell while Elsa attracts the eyes of Asian viewers, because her features are much more exotic, soft yet still sufficient enough to maintain a sexy vibe. Even Alessandra and Josephine to that extent.

Alessandra and Adriana are the best two comparisons you have. Adriana is the bombshell, and Alessandra is your timeless beauty. Even on stage, Adriana had always have more presence than Alessandra. But Alessandra always stood out more as the feminine, gorgeous one. Not saying either one is unattractive, it's just that a VS model with softer features yet capable of maintaining a sexy vibe will capture the attention of Asians much so than the typical bombshells you'd consider is the standards in the Western world.

Adriana, Stella, Martha, Lily and maybe, Lais will not capture the eye of Asians. Someone like Taylor will be a massive hit with the Asian crowd tho.

I guess it just falls down to the perception of beauty in Asian culture. There are times where I like Adriana, because she can really capture your attention, but it doesn't mean she's always the best standard of what VS can present. Even if she had the largest fanbase, Adriana is still very situational beauty. And the same is for Candice. Each model has her own personal attraction. But at the end of the day, the Western and Asian crowd have very different standards of beauty. 

Candice would be an amazing candidate for the Asian market along with Elsa and Jo. Ale is way too severe in the face and her body proportions have had poor reception in Asia. Taylor wouldn't do so well with the Asian crowd...the eyebrows will be too much. She has a babyface but there's also a very strong angularity or severity that comes out in pictures.

Miranda would be amazing too if she was still with VS..

8 minutes ago, katchitup said:

So, how much longer do you think CBS is going to stick with the show? Perhaps cut it out of TV and do straight up streaming on the internet? 

No matter what happens VS wins :thumbs_up: However, I think a change in formatting, perhaps a change network as well, and have both TV and online streaming would slightly help. But let's be honest, VS and the Angels are not as relevant anymore to the general population. 

3 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

No matter what happens VS wins :thumbs_up: However, I think a change in formatting, perhaps a change network as well, and have both TV and online streaming would slightly help. But let's be honest, VS and the Angels are not as relevant anymore to the general population. 

IMO I think even cutting TV out of the equation wouldn't help or hurt. If the cut out TV completely with agressive web advertising I bet they could get that TV viewership back with # of streaming views. 

But TV ad revenue is big, I get that. I guess what I'm wondering is when does CBS say they are spending too much and aren't getting enough viewership in return? 

7 hours ago, MB729 said:

I'm 22 and I couldn't disagree with you more. If anything, The women that actually look like mature, sexy, adult women are the largest draw to the show for me. I don't want to see teenage-looking girls in lingerie because I'm not a teenager nor do I want to look like one or find that appealing. I'd rather aspire to look sexy, fierce, and confident like the Adriana's and Alessandra's of the show. I don't want to see a bunch of girls that look like they should be in high school classes with my little sister. 

As for "no one your age" being attracted Adriana... who do you know?! Genuinely curious, because I don't know a single person in my age group, regardless of gender that isn't attracted to Adriana or doesn't find her beautiful. There's a reason she was the only model in the entire lineup to trend worldwide during the show and trust me, it's not because no one's attracted to her. She's most certainly not the problem with VS. If anything, she IS Victoria's secret and she's holding them together. 

And say what you will about Lady Gaga but two things trended during the show: Adriana Lima and Lady Gaga. No other model, no other performer. And while Lady Gaga's new leaf she's turned may not be as popular as her music of the past (truthfully, I hate it), to say she's not "mainstream" isn't fully accurate. She's still a star in her own right, even if her light's a little dimmer now than before. She's been on a popular TV show with a cult following, she's working on a movie with Bradley Cooper, she has her own cult following, and she's a performer that actually has a genuine love and appreciation of fashion and the creativity of it. She's an entertainer through and through. 

VS has a lot of issues, but Adriana and Lady Gaga weren't either of them. 

Her following being gay twinks, I don't see why VS featured her.

Unless...

^

Just now, katchitup said:

IMO I think even cutting TV out of the equation wouldn't help or hurt. If the cut out TV completely with agressive web advertising I bet they could get that TV viewership back with # of streaming views. 

Regardless it is an hour long promotion and commercial. That is more exposure most brands get in one year. If they did both TV and online they would reach more people and increase exposure. 

1 minute ago, PinkCouture said:

^

Regardless it is an hour long promotion and commercial. That is more exposure most brands get in one year. If they did both TV and online they would reach more people and increase exposure. 

I edited my comment above,

I guess what I'm wondering is when does CBS say they are spending too much and aren't getting enough viewership in return? 

Streaming is key. I mean they did it in 2000 and for back then it was major so I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

2001 is such an iconic show. Everything was perfect. My fav runway walk of all time is Tyra coming out after Fernanda as the stage turned pink and there's this strong song and she just stomped down.

Just now, katchitup said:

I edited my comment above,

I guess what I'm wondering is when does CBS say they are spending too much and aren't getting enough viewership in return? 

I agree it is all on CBS. Even if they dropped VS, VS could easily find another network or avenue for the show. I am suspecting there might be some sorta contracts involved and when that contract ends both parties will re-evaluate things :smile: 

Just now, Kevork89 said:

Also someone mentioned ABC as a good network. I disagree. Back in 2001 yes but now not to much. ABC are under Disney and their programming now I don't think they'd air the VS show at all tbh. NBC would be a better fit.

I don't think ABC would be a good network. It just happened the best year was on ABC but that doesn't mean VS should have stuck with ABC. Of all the major broadcast networks I do agree NBC is the best choice :thumbs_up: 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.