Bellazon

Deadpool

Prettyphile

A former Special Forces operative turned mercenary is subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers and adopts the alter ego Deadpool.

Director: Tim Miller
Writers: Rhett Reese (screenplay), Paul Wernick (screenplay)
Stars: Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, Gina Carano |

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally, I can't wait for this, although it remains to be seen whether the general public will really go out and see it in big numbers. The hype and craziness over the movie is mostly coming from comic book fans in a very specific corner of the internet. I suppose, as long as Fox doesn't buy into the hype too much and dump millions into the advertising, they should be alright to turn a profit.

Apropos of nothing, I'll be pretty disappointed if Deadpool doesn't call Stan Lee's character 'Stan Lee' and talks about how he loves him in all the Marvel movies, and then wonders which character Stan would play if he ever got his own Deadpool movie. That would be the ultimate fourth wall blast. :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thought it was really enjoyable. We're only barely into March, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be the most successful action/comedy of the year. It's very evident that the movie was a passion project for Reynolds, he fits the role so perfectly that there are a few echoes of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man.

I suppose the slight problem with Deadpool, not just in the movie but as a character, is that he's very much his own antagonist and that doesn't always leave a lot of room for a great villain. Poor old Ed Skrein, although he does his best as Ajax, he just doesn’t come across as a real bad guy. The rest of the supporting cast were very good though, I loved Colossus and Brianna Hildebrand's performance as NTW was inspired. Pretty impressed by Gina Carano too. :hehe:

• 3 weeks later...