Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

I like that the pictures seem less photoshopped than before e.g. the texture of models’ skin. The pictures are a lot sexier that way! Some of the past ones were ruined by bad photoshop to the point that it was hard to look at them.

7 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

there are cultural influences, but they don't explain nearly everything

on the other side, there are heaps of experiments:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness#Female_physical_attractiveness

Pinker and J.Gould have made careers at Harvard trying to tear apart the "blank slate" or strong form interpretations of it. (also many books) . 

20 minutes ago, Memento Mori said:

I won't claim to know how she really feels. Only model whose politics I'm here for is Emrata anyway.

It’s just a feeling I got from watching the video. If she really disagreed, I think she would have said something more than, “Aww, guys, c’mon” type of very, very soft “protests.” It came across as Nina trying to act like she agrees with SI’s vision because she is their employee. The guys were making pretty mean jokes so if you disagreed with them, you would have a reaction i.e. want to stick up to the women that are made fun of.

4 minutes ago, Sanni said:

It’s just a feeling I got from watching the video. If she really disagreed, I think she would have said something more than, “Aww, guys, c’mon” type of very, very soft “protests.” It came across as Nina trying to act like she agrees with SI’s vision because she is their employee. The guys were making pretty mean jokes so if you disagreed with them, you would have a reaction i.e. want to stick up to the women that are being made fun of.

Sure, I think that's a perfectly plausible interpretation. I just think that such a performance is basically indistinguishable from one where she doesn't want to make a scene, embarrass her hosts, and become the story. "Model Lashes Out at Radio Host" isn't a good look for her or SI, either. That's why I called it diplomatic. Diplomacy: Everyone hears what they want to.

Ultimately your guess is as good as mine. I've been drilled (yay, historian) to try not to let my gut take me too far. The evidence says what it says, and sometimes that's open to interpretation.

Just now, Sanni said:

It’s just a feeling I got from watching the video. If she really disagreed, I think she would have said something more than, “Aww, guys, c’mon” type of very, very soft “protests.” It came across as Nina trying to act like she agrees with SI’s vision because she is their employee. The guys were making pretty mean jokes so if you disagreed with them, you would have a reaction i.e. want to stick up to the women that are made fun of.

1000% agree with.

Reading her was rather easy. Nina obviously couldn't agree with the guys, however she did very little to protest what they were saying and spent the majority of the interview smiling, laughing and "shaking her head in protest"... I dunno about you but if it was me and I was truly disgusted with what these men were saying about my co-workers/friends I would of said something a little more then... "guys! that's mean"... <insert smile/laugh> .. "Come on guys...." <insert smile/laugh>.