Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

i do think she lacks on the sexy in ur face part.... but she is everywhere and last year MJ couldnt give  Emrata and Yu tsai the cover because of the rain and stuff. but this year is going to be Gigi with yu tsai ( dont like yu tho)

btw they need to work with David Bellemere.

I don't see how it's obvious that Gigi is getting the cover at all o.o, I do like Gigi but the only reason she could possibly get the cover it's because of her "popularity" but she already failed to deliver ratings for VS and if her teen girl fans failed to watch the VS show which is no shit one of the dumbes hours in American TV that is oriented to that kind of people, do you really think they will buy (or their parents for that matter) SI which is a magazine 90% oriented to men? Nope, they will download the scans from BZ and post them in their IG/Tumblr/Twitter/etc and start OMG MY QUEEN GIGI LOOKS FLAWLESS!!! AMAZING!! PERFECT!!, but buying the magazine is just no happening, she may get press from E! and the likes for sure but is she going to sell the magazine? I doubt it, it's just no Gigi's target, just look at the comments/followers on her Instagram it's mostly teen girls who rule social networks but don't buy shit because they live on mom and daddy's money.

Nina and the Hannah's may be less popular than Gigi but their target audience exactly what SI wants, I think it would be pretty dumb to put Gigi on the cover, i absolutely adore her Mars, but you are overrating her IMO, just look at how Kimye's Vogue cover flopped and they are far more popular than Gigi will ever be.

So i stand with Nina having the best odds this year, with maybe Hannah Ferguson in a far far second.

i get ur opinion and i would love Nina too Clauds but last year with hanna d on the cover was not that good either half or more press was for robin lawley. i know that Gigi followers are mostly teenagers but this time having all the press and eyes for SI with the It Girl that Gigi is now.... it  definitely would help to put SI like the star maker. i mean Gigi first biggest gig was SI.  it make sense to me. 

Why do you say last year with Hannah wasnt good? We have no idea of how much the magazine sold to beging with. It doesn't matter who got more time on TV, the point with this is to sell the magazine and you forget that, not to have more seconds on E! or more hits on JustJared. You are too focused on the press, and you are wrong, take Kimye or even Taylor Swift who is the queen of the press but is also known as a flop when it comes to selling magazines. 

Also photographers have repeated covers in the past, i have no idea of who shot who for this year atm but Walter Ioos has like 10 covers and Raphael Mazzuco has a multiple covers too. If MJ really wanted Yu to have a cover he would have had it last year when he had half of the locations, but at the end of the day I think MJ cares more about selling magazines than to make one photographer or one model happy because they are both easy to replace. 

Robyn only got press for two weeks. Hannah D was definitely talked about in the media. I think her career has taken off quite a bit from being on the cover. Gigi is having a moment but its not beneficial to put her on the cover. Her magazine covers sell horribly and at the end of the MJ has to sell magazines. Nina would be a better choice than Hannah F because although Hannah is a very sexy girl, she probably won't move magazines. Besides Nina, a model of color like Chanel or Chrissy are probably the only girls who could actually move the magazines. The exceptions would probably be Hannah D with a repeat cover or Erin because she seems to do a lot of work with actual sports brands (like Marisa used to).

Luckily for us Chrissy is pregnant and i don't think she will be able to even attend the launch in NYC and do much press, I doubt MJ will go for a woman who can't promote the magazine so I think this year we wont have Chrissy ... Next year tho, we have no salvation :rofl:  

2 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Luckily for us Chrissy is pregnant and i don't think she will be able to even attend the launch in NYC and do much press, I doubt MJ will go for a woman who can't promote the magazine so I think this year we wont have Chrissy ... Next year tho, we have no salvation :rofl:  

She's actually fine for press and events- but she moved her book tour from April to February because of travel restrictions, so I imagine she'll be busy with that. 

Then again, working the preggo Chrissy angle and bringing up John a billion times during press wouldn't surprise me either.

Could somebody refresh me, is there plus girls modeling for it this year? Ashley Graham, Robyn, etc? If they really wanted some press and buzz for the issue putting a plus girl on the cover would do that.

Though having a plus girl on the cover, then a super skinny girl on the next page is kind of defeats the purpose. 

Also echoing everybody's thoughts about those swimsuits. Awful, would look bad on a perfect beach body. 

34 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

She's actually fine for press and events- but she moved her book tour from April to February because of travel restrictions, so I imagine she'll be busy with that. 

Then again, working the preggo Chrissy angle and bringing up John a billion times during press wouldn't surprise me either.

Damn is she having twins then? I thought based on her belly that she'd pop out in March at the latest so the travel restrictions would be settled around these days o.o

I still don't think (and hope) they'll put Chrissy on the cover, not to be a bitch but a heavily pregnant woman is not exactly the sexiest thing to sell this particular magazine.

And Kat, as far as we know there are no plus sizes girls this year, we think Robyn didn't even make it back for a second year.

SI is on location again this, time in Hawaii, with Hannah Davis and Emily D and they are in maxi dresses, sandals, and swimwear

First thought it was just an ad, or some promo coincidentally using 2 SI models,  but Darcie is there, so it's for sure an SI team shooting. Photographer might be Walter Ioiss. 

The suits were more main-stream big-store fashion, than ultra sexy, so it looked more editorial than cover to me.

Superbowl Ad?

Thank you he or she who will not be named :heart:

5 minutes ago, Clauds said:

And Kat, as far as we know there are no plus sizes girls this year, we think Robyn didn't even make it back for a second year.

Thanks for the info!

Putting plus girls on the cover would gain them a ton of press, but then again you can't really go back after taking a big leap like that. 

Pretty is SI doing a partnership with Liverpool or something? Emily tagged them in the shoot, im assumed they will be in their next campaign and stuff.

They look great together tho, both women looked beautiful in the pic Em posted and a guy from the crew posted a picture of Hannah too.