Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

And every year we keep getting manipulated results, do you really think Kate Bock got more votes than Hannah Davis, Natasha Barnard or Emily Didonato? Or that Sara magically won the vote last year in the last day?

Ashley's vote haven't changed in days while literally every other girl has lost/won votes, does she have the same amount of people voting for her literally every day? If they are going to round all the % they may as well do it with all the girls.

Oh, I've long thought the vote totals were manipulated, I just don't think adding up to 102% is good evidence for it.

The best evidence is probably the frequent lead changes. Or at least it was in the past. I haven't followed these results that closely. Like... at this point if someone other than Rose or Erin wins, I'd bet my savings that the vote was either fixed internally or manipulated externally. There's a line in BSG, I think by Adama, that if an election seems rigged, it probably is.

If SI was truly concerned with "authenticity" they'd link votes to Facebook or Twitter accounts and limit the votes to one per person. They don't, anyone can vote as many times as one wants, and this gives them plausible deniability when they just pick whoever they want.

^ Nope. They have all the girls do it, last year it was supposed to be Gigi but a hacker screwed them last minute and made Sara win but they still had a video of her ready to go so my guess is that just to be in the safe side they do it with all the girls

^ Looks like it but to be fair Blackberry Farm was the shortest shoot at just three girls, it only had four girls and Virgin Islands was four girl but each girl did just one or two days so I'm thinking they didn't have enough footage from either shoot to make individual episodes. Not sure about the athletes tho

why you keep saying that? do you have any prove Gigi was gonna win

Her mom said it on TV

^ Looks like it but to be fair Blackberry Farm was the shortest shoot at just three girls, it only had four girls and Virgin Islands was four girl but each girl did just one or two days so I'm thinking they didn't have enough footage from either shoot to make individual episodes. Not sure about the athletes tho

why you keep saying that? do you have any prove Gigi was gonna win

Her mom said it on TV
her mom says so many things just for attention you can't take someone word as proof people lied too. just because she said that doesn't prove nothing. I need a document from SI sign saying Gigi was gonna be ROTY.

I thought maybe Bodypaint & Athletes would go together for that reason, since there's only 2 of them and with Body Paint there's not that much to focus on that could be stretched out for an hour. For some reason I thought the cover would maybe get some special attention but oh well.

And in all fairness it really looked like they had been setting things up for Gigi to be ROTY/the next big SI thing anyway, she got way more of a push from the SI social media than any of the other rookies last year.

I'm too lazy to go look for the video but if y'all want to believe the votes aren't fixed then cool for you? IDGAF :idk:

Also everyone taking jabs at SI is just lame tbh, if you don't like it think it's X or Y thing just don't buy it and ignore it? All they do is put even more attention in something they allegedly don't like.

I don't know that SI intentionally manipulates anything themselves, but the numbers change too radically and the system is too easily manipulated. If they cared about some sort of legitimate vote, they'd have one per IP address to at least make it slightly harder for a single person to just write a script to votes endlessly for one candidate or another (which is what I think happened last year). That, combined with their obviously preferential social media pushes, does make them seem suspect. 

I would not actually be surprised if they went legit this year, for a change. My only evidence is really that the tallies aren't fluctuating wildly (as indicated above) and they took the anti-vote-stuffing measure of randomizing where each "vote for X" box appears on the ROTY page. Which isn't so much evidence as inference. 

The wild fluctuation on day 1 is the result of earlier samples being smaller. By 2/10 enough votes have been counted to stabilize it. 

It's interesting that Ashley, Solveig, Hailey, and Robyn are all trending down recently. The only name that has been consistently trending up is Rose. Solveig had a nice run of gains for a while but seems to have plateaued. Robyn as well, but there's been significant correction.

Now if I'm suspicious of anything in that chart, it's Erin's 1% lead. She had been trending down until Rose caught up to her, now she's staying just ahead. The losers paying for these gains? All taken from the bottom four in what looks like equal proportion (note Kelly's flatline over the same course). Nowhere else on the chart is this kind of symmetry observed. On the other hand, this may also reflect voters who had an interest in the bottom 4 essentially giving up and voting for their choice of the frontrunners.

</not an expert, just my interpretation of the results, etc>