Bellazon

Designer jeans

Iris

I can't stand jeans... I like variety in what I wear, and I see some people that wear blue jeans everyday of their lives! It would just be too easy to wear the same ones everyday too, and I bet some do it. I used to wear em a while back when I would skate, but I like cargos and dickies, and similar pants.

My personal story: I normally refuse to spend more than $50 on a pair of jeans

In England, $50 is about the average price for NON-designer jeans and is extremely cheap. So, yes; if I saw designer jeans for that price anywhere I would probably buy them if it wasn't too expensive to get them hemmed. Having lived in Canada for 3 months I've come to realise that everything which is expensive to North Americans is dirt cheap to me.

I wasn't saying I was rich (wish I was, but my family is actually living below the poverty line in the UK on just CAD$100 a week for the three of them), I was saying everything in North America is dirt cheap compared to Britain. Just ask any North American who has been there; those I've met all agree with me.

Here's a little list of price comparisons on things I have bought (pretty much identical to each other):

Ordinary jeans bought in Canada: $30. Ordinary jeans bought in UK: $160.

Top from Canada: $7. Top in UK: $60.

Pair of boots in Canada: Less than $20. Pair of boots in UK (that fell apart after 3 months): $80.

Carton of juice in Canada: Less than $1. Carton of juice in UK: $4.

Nail polish in Canada: About $6. Nail polish in UK: $15.

Bus fare in Canada: $2.25. Bus fare in UK: $4. Both for same distance.

I could go on and on with my list of price comparisons, but you get the idea: North America's cheap compared to the UK and the UK is ridiculously expensive compared to North America. I'm not rich because I think North America is cheap; I've just been ripped off all these years in England and that's why I think it's cheap.

huhu i've been to London twice and eventhough i agree on the fact that it's more expensive than anywhere else i have seen ordinay jeans and tops for far less than the prices you mentionned above...

I was comparing my most recent purchases. But the cheapest tops I've seen in the UK are CAD$30 and the cheapest jeans CAD$60. All those above are also in Canadian dollars. Still a lot more expensive than Canadian clothes.

Haha! Well, I wont deny it. My girl can't keep her hands off it. I normally don't mind, but out in public she grabs and slaps it all the time! I'm not just a piece of meat! I have feelings too....sometimes.

i'm sure my bf agrees with you.totally. :laugh:

Edited by tinky

• 2 weeks later...

oops I created this thread and forgot to check back on it.

Well it's good to see such a variety of opinions...Between the time I created the thread and now, I bought 2 more pairs of jeans and officially busted my budget

1st- Paper Denim & Cloth Ripper

2nd- 7 For all Mankind medium NY extreme water A-pockets (pic stolen from revolveclothing.com)

Next on my list is a pair of TR Joey's :) but I'm gonna have to work a while to save up for them

I still wear all my old jeans, I'll just wear these for more important events :)

I still think the fit is more important than the brand. A few days ago at work this guy came in wearing sevens and they were just sooo poor-fitting. I would much rather see someone wearing cheaper, GOOD fitting jeans, you know?? expensive doesnt mean better.

post-53-1151927901_thumb.jpg

it all depends on the fade and where it flatters for example my a pocket 7's flatter my butt its funny cuz girls say man you got a great butt :laugh:

speaking of getting jeans for the sake of jeans, my best friend got some 7's because i have 7's and they arent so nice on him, as his room mate said for the love of god dont get exactly what marduk wears, things look good on him!

Edited by Neo52285

I wasn't saying I was rich (wish I was, but my family is actually living below the poverty line in the UK on just CAD$100 a week for the three of them), I was saying everything in North America is dirt cheap compared to Britain. Just ask any North American who has been there; those I've met all agree with me.

Here's a little list of price comparisons on things I have bought (pretty much identical to each other):

Ordinary jeans bought in Canada: $30. Ordinary jeans bought in UK: $160.

Top from Canada: $7. Top in UK: $60.

Pair of boots in Canada: Less than $20. Pair of boots in UK (that fell apart after 3 months): $80.

Carton of juice in Canada: Less than $1. Carton of juice in UK: $4.

Nail polish in Canada: About $6. Nail polish in UK: $15.

Bus fare in Canada: $2.25. Bus fare in UK: $4. Both for same distance.

I could go on and on with my list of price comparisons, but you get the idea: North America's cheap compared to the UK and the UK is ridiculously expensive compared to North America. I'm not rich because I think North America is cheap; I've just been ripped off all these years in England and that's why I think it's cheap.

are you talking about the dollar store or something ... I live in Montreal and know for a fact your numbers are a little off.

unless on sale:

Ordinary jeans bought in Canada: $45.

Top from Canada: $20 at least, for anything WORTH buying.. not tourist t-shirts - on avg

Pair of boots in Canada: between $69, up to $200 for WINTER BOOTS, you know the kind we have to wear.

Carton of juice in Canada: not less than $1, more like $2.56 to 3.something - again unless it's on SALE

Nail polish in Canada: About $6. <-- true, unless it's designer

Bus fare in Canada: actually it goes up every 2 seconds

for anyone who cares, ... in mtl it's

Regular Reduced

CAM (Monthly Pass) $63.00 $33.75

CAM hebdo (Weekly Pass) $18.50 $10.25

Six-ticket strip $11.50 $6.00

Cash fare $2.50 $1.50

Tourist Card $9.00 / 1 day

$17.00 / 3 days

you said 2.25 ... but it does make a difference because if your $0.25 they won't let you on the bus :'(

transit fares are not so bad here though .... mtl is still pretty cheap

I do not disagree with the fact the England is more expensive... I'm just saying that the Canadian numbers are a tadd off and I just wanted to clear that up..

Rogue - Obviously things are going to be more expensive in a place as big as Montreal, just as things are going to be even more expensive in London than they are in the rest of England. None of the things I have bought have been on sale except for some juice and even then it was only knocked down about 2 cents, which is pretty pointless.

2 pennies make a difference ... :/ sorta

save yearly... adds up

:) yeah

but yes... depending on where you lived in Canada (but there isn't that much of a difference)... say for instance; outside of the city in the middle of no-where - prices may vary :whistle:

but yes... depending on where you lived in Canada (but there isn't that much of a difference)... say for instance; outside of the city in the middle of no-where - prices may vary :whistle:

Well, if you count a place with an airport, cinemas, theatres, restaurants, shopping malls, ice-skating rink, university, rail station and so on as "the middle of nowhere". :blink: