Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I am astounded by the amount of cultural insensitivity and ignorance or even perhaps ARROGANCE.

If they feel that way. They are entitled to it. VS OBVIOUSLY knows what they did was wrong, because they issued an apology and are taking the costume out of the CBS airing.

Just because you think it's silly, doesn't mean it's right.

Are you Native? Or are you the group lining up behind the Native who's offended and waving the banner saying it's culturally insensitive?

That is true, but that doesn't mean they are invalid compare to thoughts :)

Oh, of course, they're valid, especially when pink cheeks and philosophers are involved. :nicole:

Not sure what that meant. But whatever works for you. I wasted enough time on something that's not worth my time. You live & learn. DONE! (Y)

I am astounded by the amount of cultural insensitivity and ignorance or even perhaps ARROGANCE.

If they feel that way. They are entitled to it. VS OBVIOUSLY knows what they did was wrong, because they issued an apology and are taking the costume out of the CBS airing.

Just because you think it's silly, doesn't mean it's right.

Are you Native? Or are you the group lining up behind the Native who's offended and waving the banner saying it's culturally insensitive?

Jesus Christ people, let it go. This whole drama is just stupid as fuck, some people felt offended, the outfit will be removed from the airing. End of story.

This is stupid lingerie show, is not like this outfit will be the reason for WW III :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway everyone has opinions. At the end of the day the outfit is gone. Whether we agree or disagree on it. People like me who don't think the outfit should've been cut don't mean it to be offensive in any way. I just think its a costume in a show. That's it. But at the end of the day if someone was hurt or offended by it, then VS did the right thing. But all pheno is trying to say is if they cut that then shouldn't they cut the leprechaun outfit or witch one. Just because people aren't complaining doesn't mean someone want offended. Like someone said earlier its the media that really makes it worse than it is.

I find the outfit offensive...not because of what it is, but because Karlie wore it. It's only her second year in the show and she gets three outfits? What's the deal with that? I still don't understand why some girls only get one outfit and some get three. Spread the love around, people! No offense to Karlie, because I think she's quite pretty (although she was a bit obnoxiously happy last year--but I would be too, in her shoes).

Anyway, so glad to see Magda back in the show and Barbara looked gorgeous (she deserved two outfits). Getting a bit tired of Adri , Ale, and Candice, but that's what happens when girls are over-exposed.

There weren't any outfits I truly hated this year, so I think that's an improvement! Can't wait to watch the show.