Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

55 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Aegon, Rheagar and Elia's son doesn't appear in the TV show.

They have only talked about him on the show, usually referring to his death. I haven't read the books, but his fate is not as certain there, right? Varys switched babies or something like that.

Wether that "older Aegon" does or not appear in the show doesn't matter in this case. Jon's real name being Aegon is too big a thing to be just out from the imagination of the show runners. This will be in the books and it should have quite some ramifications.

But I won't spoil the books here

47 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Books=/= show

Of course, that's why it seems weird to me that people try to connect to two or find answers to the show from the books.

It doesn't matter, really. Now it's all about the long long wait until the final season.

2 hours ago, gotportugal said:

Books=/= show

Not on the bigger arc, since the show runners know about Martin's intended end

As different as the show has become compared to the books, by the end of it they should converge on the bigger parts of the story.

2 hours ago, gotportugal said:

In the show, they're dead. 

Maybe in the books too.

Still I think it makes things more complex having 2 Aegons, even if one is dead (or not).

On the other hand it could also simply be that it was Lyanna who chose the name. She had just given birth when Ned finds her and by then Rhaegar was already dead for a while, same as his children.

1 hour ago, jkjk said:

Of course, that's why it seems weird to me that people try to connect to two or find answers to the show from the books.

Because the show is based on the books maybe?

25 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Not on the bigger arc, since the show runners know about Martin's intended end

As different as the show has become compared to the books, by the end of it they should converge on the bigger parts of the story.

That's true, the end of the show and books should be similar (the same?). :idk:

Individual characters fate is likely to vary from show to book. :smile:

Maybe in the books too.

Still I think it makes things more complex having 2 Aegons, even if one is dead (or not).

On the other hand it could also simply be that it was Lyanna who chose the name. She had just given birth when Ned finds her and by then Rhaegar was already dead for a while, same has his children.

Since she couldn't know it was a boy until he was born, it makes sense she would choose the name Rhaegar had chosen for his firstborn son.  :wub:

From the writers perspective, it could just be a nod to the books to use that name instead of looking for another name. :idk:

Because the show is based on the books maybe?

I was too vague in what I was saying, but you're right. I left myself open to that.  :D  :blush:

45 minutes ago, jkjk said:

That's true, the end of the show and books should be similar (the same?). :idk:

Individual characters fate is likely to vary from show to book. :smile:

It should be very similar indeed

And that's true for most characters, but I think the final fate of a couple of them should be more or less the same both in the books and TV show.

47 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Since she couldn't know it was a boy until he was born, it makes sense she would choose the name Rhaegar had chosen for his firstborn son.  :wub:

It's quite possible

47 minutes ago, jkjk said:

From the writers perspective, it could just be a nod to the books to use that name instead of looking for another name. :idk:

Jon's real name is too important a "detail" to come from the show writers imagination, or them attempting to make nods to the books. This has to come directly from Martin

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Jon's real name is too important a "detail" to come from the show writers imagination, or them attempting to make nods to the books. This has to come directly from Martin

Makes sense. If only we were allowed to know what Martin, Benioff, and Weiss talked about in the meeting(s) about the ending of the show. We have no option but to wait to find out, unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Makes sense. If only we were allowed to know what Martin, Benioff, and Weiss talked about in the meeting(s) about the ending of the show. We have no option but to wait to find out, unfortunately.

Indeed... and a loooong wait.

Oh, and I strongly recommend you to read the books! :chicken: The story gets so much more magnificent and much more complex in them. 

OOOH GOOD RIDDANCE!

Kit and Emilia have such a great chemistry, the sexual tension between Jon and Dany was strong :rofl: still i can't ship it since she's his aunt

YAS SAM, take that Bran! :rofl:

the Dany&Drogon entrance slayed

got mixed feeling seeing Viserion, i hate myself for thinking he looks cool but seeing him like this broke my heart at the same time

the Cersei hate keeps growing, she's an idiot

finally Theon doing the right thing, he better kill Euron too

14 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

Kit and Emilia have such a great chemistry, the sexual tension between Jon and Dany was strong :rofl: 

tumblr_inline_nudx9wv6e11r5q3xq_540.png

I find absolutely zero cheminstry between them. :rofl: Especially when you compare their scenes to Jon x Ygritte, and Dany x Drogo (and even Dany x Dario). It's very...lucklustre. Maybe because it's being rushed and crammed into this last bit of the show, but I find the writing and acting not there at all. Emilia is the weakest actress in the show, imo. I have no idea how she keeps getting these acting noms, when Lena is out acting her by a mile. :ninja: 

The Cersei x Tyrion scene from the finale was amazing. Phenomenal acting, and a wonderful dynamic. And the Sansa x Littlefinger scene was so wonderfully satisfying. :chicken: That's my girl. :wub: