Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

The classic book "Hero with a thousand faces" reminds me of Jon Snow and Dany's journey in GOT.  This book gives a blueprint on how to create and write about a mythological figure and can be broadly used in many endeavors.  Eg. Entertainment, advocacy, politics, advertising/promotion, gurus, etc. It's very likely that the author of GOT studied Campbell's work sometime during his career as a writer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero_with_a_Thousand_Faces

My  thoughts for the rest of GOT:

-The Eununch will try to betray Dany and be burnt alive

-I don't think Dany will win in the end. She is written as a flawed character. It's likely that either the Iron Throne is abolished or Jon Snow will sit on it.  

-With the loot for the "Golden company" (to double the Lannister's 10,000 man army) gone, the Lannisters are down to just themselves and Euron's fleet again.

-Dany is down to the Dothraki and her dragons. The unsullied are marooned. She will try to link up with them. This may or may not succeed.  They will probably fight Euron in the attempt. The unsullied are ultimately expendable.

-Dany's dragons and the Northerners (equipped with dragon glass) will be effective against the Night King.

-The Lannister's army will be ineffective against the Night King.  The Lannisters will likely have at least another set of major victories before they are defeated.

-The end will come (S8) when both sides have exhausted themselves. It will come to what remains of Dany's dragons and the Dothraki or unsullied. It is possible that Euron will be destroyed by Dany's dragons or her forces. What's left of the Lannisters are fighting against the Northerners, too. 

-So the North will take the Throne or the Throne will be abolished for some other form of gov't.  There is a possibility that Dany will die or come to a transition of mentality with other political arrangements.

-The Hound will fight the Mountain in a climatic duel.

Did I miss any of the factions?

57 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

-With the loot for the "Golden company" (to double the Lannister's 10,000 man army) gone, the Lannisters are down to just themselves and Euron's fleet again.

When Bronn and Jaime were talking before the fight didn't they say the gold was in the city, but the rest of the food and men wouldn't get in the city by nightfall? I'm not sure I remember that correctly.

It's still crazy to me that the season is over the halfway point. A seven episode season goes quickly.

40 minutes ago, jkjk said:

When Bronn and Jaime were talking before the fight didn't they say the gold was in the city, but the rest of the food and men wouldn't get in the city by nightfall? I'm not sure I remember that correctly.

It's still crazy to me that the season is over the halfway point. A seven episode season goes quickly.

The episode started with the gold bars (stored in the horse carts).    I don't recall them saying that, maybe.  

Also :

Theon and Yara- my guess is Theon is going to attempt to save Yara but he'll fail.  The end result is that he'll get closer to Euron, and kill him personally. (redemption).  And then maybe re-claim the leadership of the Iron born for himself.

48 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

The episode started with the gold bars (stored in the horse carts).    I don't recall them saying that, maybe. 

I went back and looked. All the gold made it in the city. Look like most of the food was destroyed, though.

One of the funny moments from the last episode was during the fight when the Dothraki warrior said to Tyrion "You're people can't fight"

It's funny either way, but has Tyrion shown any signs of understanding the Dothraki language? It's funny if the warrior says it knowing he understands or knowing he doesn't, but I couldn't remember Tyrion showing that he understands yet.

^

I don't recall Tyrion showing that he understood their language either.

I liked the look on his face as he watched his side losing.  

There is also the aspect of the Dothraki being "Mongol-like", and savage, nomadic pillagers.  I have doubts that they'll be integrated into Westeros in the end.

DnPtuvXJPp5qQgovcyUm7bJLUz5fF65e07rXYthdcAyUvYrNscqH4g4C-6t9snMPrIzBk1Ix1XwMgm35SwzWDW2.jpgAG6L8vU48oblZcyKlu1XNsx2waROF8VtcOE-O8z3BwuUna4.png

*per the last one, I noticed in the youtube comments that people seemed to be moved by the "brutality" of Dany's flamethrowers and the Dothraki .  

* I wonder if the series will end with Jorah alive and out of the friendzone.  He and Dany will waltz off into the sunset, and live happily ever after..

finally saw the episode

fucking finally! it was glorious..Drogon got everyone Shock!

i used to like Bronn, now he can burn alive :rofl:

Jaime is an idiot, nothing new

Dany needs to make protections for her dragons, like some armours

Bran is trash, at least he'll be useful (?)..he needs to tell Jon who her father is..Dany and Jon will do something i can feel it :ninja:

Arya & Sansa :heart: when Jon wil be back is going to be so emotional

Dickon :rofl::rofl:

If just 1 dragon can do such a disaster with 3 bye felicia

and tbh fuck Cersei and co, they are nothing compared to the white walkers, they are the real threat