Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

I can't be sure of the point, and as I said before their situation mostly confuses me. Maybe the writers are trying to put something positive in a show with a lot of negativity.  :idk:

I doubt there will be much more to their story than is already there.

4 hours ago, jkjk said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen this talked about. How far south can the dead go? Can they only go where there is snow? Or can they go anywhere?

Doesn't the snow storm follow them or something?  (I dunno)

On 26/7/2017 at 9:48 AM, jkjk said:

I'm not sure I have ever seen this talked about. How far south can the dead go? Can they only go where there is snow? Or can they go anywhere?

They can go no further than the wall. If they breach the wall somehow (which I'm quite sure they will) I don't see why they couldn't reach even Dorne. Even though much milder it'll still be Winter there, and the White Walkers (I still prefer to call them the Others :chicken: ) make the Winter stronger. Maybe Dorne could be more complicated for them? But they could get till the Reach without a doubt.

10 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

(I still prefer to call them the Others)

I think they were worried people would think of the Others from Lost. The problem is, I imagine using walkers makes some people think of The Walking Dead, so they didn't really avoid the problem. The weird thing is they didn't come up with a word for the wights in the show, I can only remember them being called the dead.

2 hours ago, jkjk said:

I think they were worried people would think of the Others from Lost. The problem is, I imagine using walkers makes some people think of The Walking Dead, so they didn't really avoid the problem. The weird thing is they didn't come up with a word for the wights in the show, I can only remember them being called the dead.

Yes, that was the reason for it, or one of the main ones. But indeed they didn't avoid the problem. Though if I remember correctly both shows started around the same time, or at most one year apart.

I think the dead have no special name in the books.