Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

That's not what I heard. It's not actually them, HBO is the one telling them to bring some attention onto the spinoffs. But they also want and need 1 year and a half to create S8, which makes sense considering the unknown complexity of the show ender. HBO doesn't fuck around, they're getting the GOT producers the money so they can finish off the show right and so HBO can prosper with its rights for years to come. I don't find it surprising at all that they'll delay it so all can be up to perfection (from their point of view ofc).

But as a fan fuck them I want those 2 seasons now!

21 minutes ago, elfstone said:

I had anticipated, or rather, hoped that they would change the format to compensate for fewer episodes :hehe:

My understanding was that a main reason for the reduction in episodes was to save money and reduce how long it takes to film a season (but I likely remember things incorrectly). So, increasing the episode length would probably go against that. :idk:

On 2017-6-8 at 11:06 PM, jkjk said:

My understanding was that a main reason for the reduction in episodes was to save money and reduce how long it takes to film a season (but I likely remember things incorrectly). So, increasing the episode length would probably go against that. :idk:

Also, they don't have to pay so much to the actors, because their salary is per episode. Their scenes are much more action-driven noe so it would take them a looong time to shoot 10 episodes of such scenes. HBO has plenty of money to spend and spend it wisely

I have mixed feelings. I'm glad the season is about to start. I wish it was longer than 7 episodes. I don't like that the final season could be two years away.  I really don't like that the final season means it will be over.

Having said all that nonsense, I will enjoy watching every episode.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, jkjk said:

I have mixed feelings. I'm glad the season is about to start. I wish it was longer than 7 episodes. I don't like that the final season could be two years away.  I really don't like that the final season means it will be over.

Having said all that nonsense, I will enjoy watching every episode.  :thumbsup:

It will probably be more like 1 year and 3 months or such. Much like this past S6-S7 wait

6 years ago, A Dance Of Dragons was published, the book in which S5 was partially based on. 6 years later, GRRM still hasn't ended Winds Of Winter and there's still no book for us book readers. Imagine waiting 6 years for a Game Of Thrones season.

2 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

are you guys going to use a free streaming service to watch it?

I will probably end up downloading the episodes as they come out.

I have no ideia, it airs here on cable a whole day after and god knows by that time I'll know everything so I'll just wake up Monday morning and watch it on a streaming site. But if anyone has any HBO Live sites, I would be forever grateful