Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

52 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I do feel though that they are going too fast.

Complete guess but I think they put themselves (intentional or not) in the situation to go fast. The combination of the cost of the show getting higher and higher along with Benioff and Weiss being tired and wanting to move on probably forced the increased pace. The lack of source material probably doesn't help either. (among other reasons)

13 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Complete guess but I think they put themselves (intentional or not) in the situation to go fast. The combination of the cost of the show getting higher and higher along with Benioff and Weiss being tired and wanting to move on probably forced the increased pace. The lack of source material probably doesn't help either. (among other reasons)

That has something to do with it, surely..  The last two seasons are also shorter.  The challenge is to tie up the story in a memorable and impactful way.  Characters/Factions that were strongly developed shouldn't be written off in a simple manner.  eg.  Olenna didn't go out with too much impact (I expected much more and I thought she would last a lot longer).  High Garden, Yara/Theon's fleet, Dorne, Freys.  These are entire factions erased in a few minutes each..and of course there's more of this to come.

Fan fiction people must be rolling at this lol

Then there's Euron, who has little time devoted to him but a lot of importance in the story.

^^  You're right, characters built up over seasons are being done away with like they meant nothing.

Euron will continue to be odd to me. I don't think I will get accustomed to a character being so important having come out of nowhere.

-speculation:

-If Euron marries Cersei, would Theon be the "little brother" that kills her?

Death cards/art for GOT:

aJEzGul.png

http://beautifuldeath.com/

-Other thoughts:

Where are the Vale troops and the Vale leaders?  I don't see them in the trailers

-The trailer's highlight is covered in Ep 4 and Eps 6

-I hope there is more dramatic footage but generally trailers spill the beans...

18 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

This is an issue now, but they had no lack of source material when they started make the show go too fast...

When do you think the show started to go too fast? Honestly, at the start of every season everyone wants it faster, but then everyone also wants it slower to explain everything and tie up all loose ends. GOT flows at its own rythm, at the rythm that the story commands and needs

50 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

When do you think the show started to go too fast? Honestly, at the start of every season everyone wants it faster, but then everyone also wants it slower to explain everything and tie up all loose ends. GOT flows at its own rythm, at the rythm that the story commands and needs

At season 5 when they condensed book 4 and 5 into one season after splitting A Storm Of Swords into 2 seasons before.

I also feel Dany's story is going way too fast, but then again there is no book to compare. Who knows how it'll go in The Winds Of Winter

The last 2 books were very slow with very few highpoints, I find those to be difficult books rto adapt. The problem is that it was at that point that the writers understanded that they would need to wrap up bc they can't all go the same route as George RR Martin. 6 years and counting