Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

2 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

I just really want Sansa to reunite with Arya. I really really really do!

I was glad when Arya turned the right way on the road to head home. Of course, that doesn't mean she will make it there, but maybe.

3 hours ago, gotportugal said:

The dyed it when she left the Vale in the end of S4 to not be recognized and let it go to red again when she returned to Winterfell. Assuming it means she became a Stark again when she returned home, something she wasn't feeling much after also losing her aunt, (S4)

ah!  thanks, now I remember.  I liked her with red hair the most.  

3 hours ago, jkjk said:

I don't know. He has gone from not being in the show to being very important to the show in no time. I feel like I know almost nothing about him, except that he is apparently the greatest naval combatant in the world.

Yea, I'm pretty surprised at how little backstory he has.  I heard that he is figured prominently in the books.  

The current actor is channeling rock & roll swag, asshole, brute, etc. but these mannerisms alone aren't enough to tell his story.  I feel like making him a top tier character weakens the impact of the role.  It was probably too expensive and time consuming to develop his character in prior seasons so they cut it out.  I wonder if the showrunners will give him more scenes to develop or will he have shallow scenes primarily.

2 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Is Varys betraying Dany? That's why the Lannisters seem to be always one step ahead?

Hubby mentioned the same thing to me tonight too. I hope not, because then I'd have to hate on Varys, and I've been liking him. 

Euron is more present in the books bc he is introduced in the latest 2 books, where GRRM really gave it out for detailed storywriting (the show equivalent of S5, altough some different aspects.) Euron's introduction was messy, but honestly, there wasn't a lot of time for character introductions since s5. S6 was much more of a start on how the pieces were starting to move.

6 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Hubby mentioned the same thing to me tonight too. I hope not, because then I'd have to hate on Varys, and I've been liking him. 

I must take another position!  I know that people like Dany but I've thought that her character was always written to be grey.  She could mature into a murderous despot like communist dictators did or she could mature into an "enlightened" despot like Singapore's lee kuan yew.  

Varys is on the side of who he thinks is the wisest ruler and best for the people.  In Episode 1, Dany threatens to burn Varys alive (she is intuitively suspicious). 

Dany, who is called a "revolutionary" "unstable"by other characters in the show, is not someone a sane and wise politician would consider a reliable bet.  She's entitled like a despot and thinks she has divine right, and ruthlessly murders those that get in her way.  This contrasts with her idealistic/bombastic rhetoric.

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

Euron is more present in the books bc he is introduced in the latest 2 books, where GRRM really gave it out for detailed storywriting (the show equivalent of S5, altough some different aspects.) Euron's introduction was messy, but honestly, there wasn't a lot of time for character introductions since s5. S6 was much more of a start on how the pieces were starting to move.

Thanks, I heard that he is quite a character in the books. 

Game of Thrones boom: Ratings hit 30 million viewers

GoT also setting new ratings records around the world

HBO might be under siege by hackers leaking content and Twitter activists protesting Confederate, but there’s one area that’s still an unmitigated success for the network: Game of Thrones ratings.

The recent season 7 premiere, “Dragonstone,” is about to surpass an incredible 30 million U.S. viewers across all of the network’s domestic platforms, the network revealed Wednesday, with the show’s numbers continuing to climb. The episode first premiered July 16 to 16.1 million viewers — the biggest opening night audience ever for an HBO series.

Internationally, GoT is also setting new benchmarks. The show airs in 186 countries and territories around the world — many which premiere episodes on the same day and even the same time as in the United States to reduce piracy — and nearly all are showing gains.

— In the UK Sky Atlantic had a record number of viewers tuning in for its 2 a.m. premiere, racking up 4.7 million viewers after seven days — the highest for any program ever on Sky, and a 31 percent bump from the first episode of season 6.

HBO Asia saw increases of between 24 percent in Taiwan to 50 percent Singapore when compared to season 6.

HBO Latin America saw their highest ratings to date in the region, with a 29 percent average climb across all territories.

According to HBO, GoT is also up 210 percent in Germany, 40 percent in Russia and 61 percent in Italy.

The fantasy hit is continuing to show strength in subsequent episodes too. The second and third episodes have performed just slightly under the heavily buzzed and record-shattering premiere in Nielsen overnight first-air ratings (the season premiere garnered 10.1 million viewers, episode 2 had 9.3 million and last Sunday’s third episode had 9.2 million).

Another GoT all-time record could be coming in a few weeks: In previous years, Thrones has surged to deliver its biggest number of the season for its finale, and this one is more than 80 minutes long.

At least 34.7m viewers for the US and UK alone! (in legal ways, bc there's still SO MUCH PIRACY)

14 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

^

The whole show appears for download a second after it airs LOL

Also, the whole episode appears on youtube (in pieces, per their 10 min. copyright policies) within a few hours.

True! If I don't see it live on a shitty streaming download, I just watch it the following morning